Reading your old posts....

13»

Comments

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    Danger, I read it, and responded that "I got it", at least the context anyway.

No worries, I see your argument, and in the end, if you were offended, then that ain't cool.

My apologies, wasn't trying to be a "new guy pain in the @ss."
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    Is this the same Siemens that absorbed SMS (Shared Medical Systems)?

I think that Siemens did absorb SMS; they're both German outfits and I'm of the opinion that Siemens is out to take over the world.

...at least their reps act that way. :)

I hope I didn't offend anyone of any particular political or religious persuasion with my mention of the word "Siemens".

;)

Siemens does suck, though.

I hope I didn't ...... uhm ...... oh, nevermind. :o
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    I think that Siemens did absorb SMS; they're both German outfits and I'm of the opinion that Siemens is out to take over the world.

...at least their reps act that way. :)

I hope I didn't offend anyone of any particular political or religious persuasion with my mention of the word "Siemens".

;)

Siemens does suck, though.

I hope I didn't ...... uhm ...... oh, nevermind. :o

Have to correct you Brother. SMS was as American as apple pie. It was back then and was atleast until Siemans bought it out a couple of years ago, the largest hosptial infromation systems company out there. I started working for them in 1976 when Jim McAleer was the ower, president, ceo, chairman of the board etc etc., his brother was the vice president, head of marketing etc etc. They didn't go public on the stock market until the latter 70s. I was the 400th employee hired and was the almost 11 years.

Talk about excellant customer service, they defined what customer service was in the HIS world.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    . . .both German outfits . . .out to take over the world.

I, for one, am offended by your obvious Fascist remarks.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2007
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    I, for one, am offended by your obvious Fascist remarks.
    I'm offended by your choice of font color!

Heck, I'm offended by everyone's choice of font color!

:rolleyes:
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    I heard a funny blurb the other day and I forget who coined it but it went something like this; "Young adults today are offended when they aren't offended by something."
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    What I said was assinine. I had that coming. It's all good, let's move on...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2007
    And that is what makes Steve a very stellar member.

RT1
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    Have to correct you Brother. SMS was as American as apple pie. It was back then and was atleast until Siemans bought it out a couple of years ago, the largest hosptial infromation systems company out there. I started working for them in 1976 when Jim McAleer was the ower, president, ceo, chairman of the board etc etc., his brother was the vice president, head of marketing etc etc. They didn't go public on the stock market until the latter 70s. I was the 400th employee hired and was the almost 11 years.

Talk about excellant customer service, they defined what customer service was in the HIS world.

You're probably right. Siemens is associated with a group called SMS-DMG,
    or some such alphabet soup. They're both German, and that's why I thought Siemens had absorbed them.

Siemens would be scared off from the SMS you're familiar with; the excellent customer service reputation would frighten Siemens.

:)

..... and Steve is a very stellar fellar. :)

..... although my rhyme stunk.
    Sal Palooza
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    WTH did this saying come from?? Everytime I see it I get a headache, confused, and then laugh my head off!!!:D
    PolkThug wrote: »
    All your base are belong to us.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2