Thanks Go Out To All Who Helped

JimBRICK
JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
OK guys a big thank you for all your help in my upgrade. especially Mark (Doro) for setting me straight on some misconceptions I have as far as equipment and wattage ignorance:)

I ordered through my staff accomodation.

2x lsi9
2x lsi7
1x lsic
now I just have to wait the 4-6 weeks it takes to get them (accomodation red tape)

I cancelled my lsi15's becuase I found with using 90% home theater that for the extra money they werent that much different.

now the search for a nice 5 channel power amp and a sub is in order

I just hope I can find a nice preowned NAD 5 channel amp now that they only manufacture 7 channel amps.

I'm keeping my NAD receiver for my pre as well.

this will be my last upgrade or my wife will divorce me and she and the guys at work are tired of hearing about electronics :)
2 CHANNEL
Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
Under construction
Post edited by JimBRICK on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    You'll love the Lsi9, great speaker.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Second that. Lsi9's are great. Congrats Jim. Enjoy.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • JimBRICK
    edited May 2007
    componants to come

Better cdp with sacd
    power conditioner
    bluejeans cables for the speaks
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2007
    Check out Jareds sale in the FM on the power conditioner, hes selling a Monster 7000 @ a smoking price, he lowered it to 450, normally they go for 800-1200 new. Its a 12 outlet unit also, and congrats on your LSi purchase
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • JimBRICK
    edited May 2007
    monster stuff I buy from the store I work at cause I get it at cost. I was looking at that but after customs gets their grubby hands on it I get raped

thanks anyways though
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    Would you be interested in an APC H 10 Power Conditioner? If so send me an email :)

LINKY
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    monster stuff I buy from the store I work at cause I get it at cost. I was looking at that but after customs gets their grubby hands on it I get raped

thanks anyways though
    Is she pretty. Yeh I have heard customs kill the price of equipment across boarder. Good of you to send thanks out.:cool:
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited May 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »

I just hope I can find a nice preowned NAD 5 channel amp now that they only manufacture 7 channel amps

They do make a 5-channel amp and is currently available. It's a T955 rated at 5 X 100 all channels driven full bandwidth...as they always rate at. It should be retailing at or around $1499. Nice amp.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.