WAF Management

2»

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited May 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    (we'll see what happens today as I might be bringing home some SDA's)
    New speakers? What new speakers? Oh, those, I didn't even see those, your belly was in the way... :eek:
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2007
    I work overtime, my wife gets paid commissions.

I use overtime to buy my toys, she uses her commissions to buy her toys. Sometimes they even go towards house stuff.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    New speakers? What new speakers? Oh, those, I didn't even see those, your belly was in the way... :eek:

Congrats Sami, on you new speakers and your soon to be new family measure. I remember when my wife was with child, she never looked more beautiful and glowing to me. Try explaining that to your wife.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2007
    My theory, as a unmarried but not single guy, is get all the stuff you can before you get married...then they cant complain. Ive got quite a few more expensive purchases coming up, one being a nice tool box this summer. The only thing she can say is "you should be saving for my ring." I always tell her, the more you **** about my purchases, the further that ring gets pushed away :D
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2007
    We set up "allowances" of $200/month in individual accounts for each of us where we can buy ANYTHING and the other person can not complain. So if she veto's a purchase, I just buy it out of my account. Works great...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    We set up "allowances" of $200/month in individual accounts for each of us where we can buy ANYTHING and the other person can not complain. So if she veto's a purchase, I just buy it out of my account. Works great...

That is what I had to set up with my wife as a matter of fact I saved up $2000 opened up an account in her name and gave her the bank book. Now she has here own account and so do I and we are each responsible for replenishing our own accounts. What we do with the money does not fall under the, "WE" category so no complaints can be made. Every now and then Phyllisan will complain about something coming in the door or to many days in a row stuff came in the door. If it gets too warm in the discussion about it, I remind her of the account it came from. If she persists, I ask her to show me what she has purchased from her account. In most cases she cant'. . . case closed. We have peace again.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited May 2007
    jdhiggs:
    Not a bad system.

Any money I profit from garage sales/craigslist/ebay equipment flipping is mine to enjoy. Otherwise, there isn't any extra cash to sneak around with....
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    I'm so sick of hearing about WAF / SAF.

If they love you, they would support your hobby. If they don't, f#$k em' and get a new one (not a new hobby).

Grow some F'n balls already. A big brass pair.

Sami, it's nice to see so much of my gear again!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

That's the problem Russ I got a big pair of balls that need attention. . . without the wife I have to attend to them and it's not the same thing!!!!:D
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2007
    Grow some F'n balls already.

You listen to that **** and your balls will get as big as his head...
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    amulford wrote: »
    You listen to that **** and your balls will get as big as his head...

Hey Bro, long time no talk!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    Ah, the joys of being single...Most likely the reason I am single too.....F%$k it.
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited May 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    I'm so sick of hearing about WAF / SAF.

If they love you, they would support your hobby. If they don't, f#$k em' and get a new one (not a new hobby).

Sami, it's nice to see so much of my gear again!

WTH is SAF?
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited May 2007
    opus wrote: »
    WTH is SAF?

Spouse Acceptance Factor. It's a more politically correct term.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    That's the problem Russ I got a big pair of balls that need attention. . . without the wife I have to attend to them and it's not the same thing!!!!:D

Ya, I don't like it when they go from brass color to a shade of blue.
    With 4 girls, dance classes, private school, wife's school, house, cars, I'm lucky I have what I have. I'm also lucky she has the voice of reason sometimes or I would have a bigger system and no food on the table.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    MSALLA wrote: »
    I'm also lucky she has the voice of reason sometimes or I would have a bigger system and no food on the table.

I hear that!!!!