Anyone else up for a Bay Area(SF) GTG???

2»

Comments

• doggie750
    doggie750 Posts: 1,160
    edited May 2007
    I am in with a suggestion...........let's go HOOTERS in Dublin and then watch a movie in IMAX and then HOOTERS again............then we can go to the HT store in Dublin by Home Expo.........then HOOTERS again..........:D ;):) :rolleyes:
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited May 2007
    doggie750 wrote: »
    I am in with a suggestion...........let's go HOOTERS in Dublin and then watch a movie in IMAX and then HOOTERS again............then we can go to the HT store in Dublin by Home Expo.........then HOOTERS again..........:D ;):) :rolleyes:
    There's always the Kit Kat Klub in Santa Clara...we can check out their audio system demonstrated by Brandi, Sierra, Cheyenne, they're very versed in lap dances, uh, DBT's (at least so I've heard).

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    Stupid question , what is DBT, never too old to learn especially exortic acronym :-)

-fredv-
  • Ron Temple
    edited May 2007
    fredv wrote: »
    Stupid question , what is DBT, never too old to learn especially exortic acronym :-)
    Double Blind Test...:cool:

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited May 2007
    doggie750 wrote: »
    then we can go to the HT store in Dublin by Home Expo.........then HOOTERS again..........:D ;):) :rolleyes:

Andersen's TV?? Aren't they opening up a bigger, ahem, Hooters in Fremont? :D
  • Ron Temple
    edited May 2007
    So everyone can move it over there...

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • ivansfo
    ivansfo Posts: 145
    edited May 2007
    Ron Temple wrote: »
    Sold off the VA's already??? Ivan you're always welcome, just come down and have fun...
    RT

Ron,

Yep, sold off the VA Bachs 2 months after picking them up. They were pretty good for 2 channel music but I just couldn't get them to sound right for HT. Compared to the R50s, they just didn't have the "impact" for good HT. I attribute this due to suboptimal placement, rear porting, and single woofer. Since I can't change placement any time soon, I'm going to look for something with dual or triple woofers & front ported. Hopefully I can find something that is great for 2 channel music while good for HT too. Lofty goals....but I think I should be able to find something that will work. Alternatively build 2 separate systems. One great for music and the other good for HT with R50s all over again! If Fry's ever sells the CSi25 & R50s, I'm going to pick up a set again.

If I can make this GTG, I look forward to hearing some new speakers.

Ivan
  • Ron Temple
    edited May 2007
    ivansfo wrote: »
    Ron,

Yep, sold off the VA Bachs 2 months after picking them up. They were pretty good for 2 channel music but I just couldn't get them to sound right for HT. Compared to the R50s, they just didn't have the "impact" for good HT. I attribute this due to suboptimal placement, rear porting, and single woofer. Since I can't change placement any time soon, I'm going to look for something with dual or triple woofers & front ported. Hopefully I can find something that is great for 2 channel music while good for HT too. Lofty goals....but I think I should be able to find something that will work. Alternatively build 2 separate systems. One great for music and the other good for HT with R50s all over again! If Fry's ever sells the CSi25 & R50s, I'm going to pick up a set again.

If I can make this GTG, I look forward to hearing some new speakers.

Ivan
    Wow...I would have thought the VAs with a sub would work well...the R50s/CSi25 still come up from time to time on Outpost, but I would think you'd want a pass after hearing the other stuff...does sound like room to me. Look forward to seeing and meeting you...you never know what the crazies at this club will bring. I'm blown away by the CRS+ that Steve brought down.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE