Deadliest Catch

TennesseeOutlaw
TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
I was just wondering if anyone happens to watch this show on the Discovery channel.. I have been a loyal viewer since season one.. Is it me, or this season particularly bad(accidents/deaths)(not quality)?

Also, last nite while I was flippin channels around 3 am, and I came across Carson Daily's talk show, and Sig and Edgar from the Northwestern where on there.. This show must actually be fairly popular for these guys to be getting on late night talk shows..

If you watch the show, what is your favorite boat? Favorite individuals? Most hated " "??

Thanks for the replies..

Josh
Post edited by TennesseeOutlaw on

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2007
    Favorite boat is the Northwestern. They are always #1. Sig seems like a cool guy but he really pushes the guys past their limits. I loved the suggestion box he gave the crew. That was some funny shite.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
    Love that show. Also have to vote for Sig and the Northwestern. The Cornelia Marie comes in 2nd.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2007
    I watch that show on occasion, but not enough to know the ship names.

My father always threatens my mother with joining the crew when she nags him. He says that he will be happier in -0 degree weather, risking his life for crab everyday.

lol, Ahhh the joys of marriage.
    v
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2007
    They must be on the talkshow circuit. Flippin down the channels I saw Sig and Edgar were on the Donny Deutsch Big Idea show as well.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited April 2007
    Been watching it also. Awesome show, didnt know money was that big in fishing for crab though. Sweeetttt.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited April 2007
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Been watching it also. Awesome show, didnt know money was that big in fishing for crab though. Sweeetttt.
    Now you know why Alaskan King crab can be so expensive. Give me a Chesapeake Bay Blue anyday!
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    i also like this show.. i just wish I could have some of that king crab right now though. ha ha ha. those guys and gal are crazy. but money will make person go to those lengths. it's really sad and hits the crabbers pretty hard when another crabber dies.

you know it's coming though.. celebrity crabbing or fishing show.. celeb X faces near death on the high seas... watch and this celeb gets smacked in the face by a goldfish while staring death in the face. :rolleyes: :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited May 2007
    I love that show. Being a cube dweller its cool to see how other people make a living. I used to think working for a corporation was safer, but nowdays who knows.

I like the Northwestern, Edgar's always entertaining. Makes me think... what if I bit the head off a herring every time we closed a quarter, or passed a Sarbanes Oxley regulation?? I guess some things don't translate.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited May 2007
    Big fan here also. I shot tea out of my nose when Edgar caught some seagull **** on his forhead.

Northwestern is by boat also!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited May 2007
    Awesome show, I watch it whenever I can and DVR it anyway in case I miss it.

The wizard is doing great this year. Anyone else notice that many other boats are missing from previous seasons? Did they all sink?