FM ettiquette is out the window again!!!

Options
heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,097
edited April 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Not to sound like the FM police...........but what the hell happened to the rules of not responding in an FM thread unless it pertains to the sale specifically? :confused: .

My rant isn't specifically aimed at this sale thread but lately in the last month it seems every silly thing is said in a FM sale thread and it's just mucking up the FM..................AGAIN.

I don't sell alot of stuff in the FM, but if I did I'd be a little irked at all the pointless posts going on in almost EVERY thread in here. Perhaps we could all have a little restraint in posting non-sense in the FM to keep things running a bit smoother. Post non-sense in the other threads.

OK, I had my say................bring it on tell me I'm being an **** or who am I to say such things, blah, blah, blah. I'm just tired of reading "I'd take it if only I had the cash" or "wow, cool man", or "that's rediculous"

I'm also tired of seeing links to non-polk items that a memeber is not selling personally. Sure if it's a killer deal on a Polk product perhaps make us aware of it, but we all have access to e-bay and a'gon, etc. Just to single one post out
the one with the Infinity speakers---- that should have gone in the speaker forum or vintage forum if all you were looking for were comments, which is all that thread has in it anyways.

The Flea Market is for members selling stuff or for links to common items people discuss here and could possibly interested in. The rest of the crap should be posted in the appropriate forum. ALso we should keep from posting comments unless it directly affects the sale.

Bring it on :D

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by heiney9 on

Comments

• jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Your right H9.

Somtimes when clicking on a post in the FS . I have to sift through, sometimes, hundreds of post that have nothing to do with the thread, just see see if there was an update for the products offered.

I'm with you buuuuudy,,
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I am guilty as hell of watering down the FM. I like to chime in with things like, "great deal," "some one should buy these NOW," "If I had the clams, scrilla, trust fund, I'd be all over this like Barry Bonds on HGH". . . you know, all the popular epithets.

I'll try to hold back in the future. Also, we now have an "Audio Deals of the day thread," which I think is where all the postings for ebay, CL, and misc deals should be put.

Question: If an H1 is a super macho vehicle, and an H2 is a somewhat cool urban assault vehicle and the H3 is pretty much a chick car. . . then what the hell does that make an H9?!?! Ovaries on wheels?

Discuss.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,911
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Your an ****....:D :D
    Right though...but still an ****:D :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The way I see the various "wish I had the money" and "nice item" posts is that they are a bump post with a few more words in 'em. They can help the seller out by getting their post to the top of the FM section. Does get old, though, when you sift through 35 responses like that to find an item you'd been interested in is already sold.

As for the links to the e-bay, Audiogon, and Craigslist sales I don't think they belong in here. On the Carveraudio.com forum they have a section to e-bay auctions of Carver products, maybe something like that would clean up the FM a bit. Have something like the "Audio deal of the Day" thread, but make it a subsection of the classified forum.

That being said, I'm a newb around here. The FM, to me, is not something I take lightly. I'm not interested in selling something on it; I'm scared to rate it wrong, miss a function not working that I've never used, or ask too much on it. The other conclusion I've come to: never, ever, second guess F1nut when it comes to reading somebody peddling stuff. He seems to have an uncanny ability to spot a jerk off.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The FM is too boring without all the smarta$$ comments.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    Options
    To be honest with ya, I only post in a FM thread if I have had a previous transaction with an individual or to help a fellow Polkie out (as Strider has correctly inferred). Yeah... my FS threads have become gigantic, stream of conscious, cluster f*cks, but I always enjoy it and it's in good fun. I suspect Sir AndyG subscribes to the same newsletter.

However, I could totally understand why someone else wouldn't. And rules are rules. So I'm with ya H9.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    Options
    That's the way the FM used to be, and there was nothing wrong with it.
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    As for the links to the e-bay, Audiogon, and Craigslist sales I don't think they belong in here. On the Carveraudio.com forum they have a section to e-bay auctions of Carver products, maybe something like that would clean up the FM a bit. Have something like the "Audio deal of the Day" thread, but make it a subsection of the classified forum.

I think for some things like SRT's or Peerless tweets or other Polk products that are super deals it's alright. Someone on e-bay is selling a single RD0198-1 and I almost posted a link here in the FM because that's an unusual sale. A heads up is nice especially if it's a hot POLK item or a great deal that won't last.

Don't anyone be afraid to use the FM. No one is going to hold it against you if you do something wrong (your word). We will guide you. It's the one's who are asses or respond with attitude that get shot down sometimes.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Wow; I agree with Demiurge; probably for the first time!!!
    (Outside the babe thread of course..)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    To be honest with ya, I only post in a FM thread if I have had a previous transaction with an individual or to help a fellow Polkie out (as Strider has correctly inferred). Yeah... my FS threads have become gigantic, stream of conscious, cluster f*cks, but I always enjoy it and it's in good fun. I suspect Sir AndyG subscribes to the same newsletter.

However, I could totally understand why someone else wouldn't. And rules are rules. So I'm with ya H9.

ZB- I wasn't really talking about what you are. It's ok to offer a bit of encouragement for the seller or the product. That helps for people that might be on the fence or who are newer. I'm talking about the nonsense posts and links to things the poster isn't even involved with. I think it also goes w/o saying that the seller of said item can post as much stream of conscious BS as they want, it's their item and their sale.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I try not to post in the FM unless I'm inquiring about an item. I think some people might do as I do and hit the new post link, click on the link and not pay attention to where they are. It's usually pretty easy to tell you are reading an FM post because of the original post itself. It says some thing is for sale. Once in a while I'll put in a "awesome deal" or "**** is a great **** and a steal at that price". I think we just all need to agree that if we see a post with the "great sell" or the previous mentioned phrases the rest of us should stay out. I could see putting in a bump if there is no activity for like a week, but that should also be at the sellers discretion. Don't get me started on the e-bay thing. Those need to be in either the appropriate "gear type" part of the forum, or in the club house. sorry for the rant. Have an awesome day all

Later,
    dude
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2007
    Options
    HTrookie wrote: »
    The FM is too boring without all the smarta$$ comments.

Agreed. We make the FM what it is. You can't confine Polkies to rules, man. We're too rambunctious. Rules are for fools.

Now leave me alone while I go smoke a joint...
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I'll take it. How much is shipping?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Hey, I PM'ed saying that it was mine at 7:57; sorry pal.

SOPA
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Why is this in the Flea Mkt? SHouldn't this be in the clubhouse????
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Damn nadams beat me to it, I was just about to say that this whole thread is in violation of Flea Market rules.

Personally I don't mind people talking in my FM threads as it works as a bump. I keep all my info updated in the first page so if anything changes like price or if the item is sold it can be seen in the first post. But I can definitely see how it can become an issue, as a thread could get bogged down and it would be difficult to find information in.

Jared
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Posts 14, 15, & 16 . . . . WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Not to go off-topic, but why in the world is this thread in 'For Sale'? Shouldn't it be somewhere in clubhouse????
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited April 2007
    Options
    /////...../////
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • nadams
    edited April 2007
    Options
    ViperZ wrote: »
    Not to go off-topic, but why in the world is this thread in 'For Sale'? Shouldn't it be somewhere in clubhouse????

Welcome to 8:15, man.

Vision of mine can you see it
    I know a sound can you hear
    I've got a place have you been there
    What time of day can you meet me
    At 8:15
    8:15
    I know a song can you sing it
    I've gotten lost can you find me
    I know a game can you play it
    What time of night can you meet me
    At 8:15
    You have changed my style
    Knowing all the while
    I would thank you for it someday...
    Gonna keep on lookin' till I find you...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Gaara wrote: »
    Damn nadams beat me to it, I was just about to say that this whole thread is in violation of Flea Market rules.

Personally I don't mind people talking in my FM threads as it works as a bump. I keep all my info updated in the first page so if anything changes like price or if the item is sold it can be seen in the first post. But I can definitely see how it can become an issue, as a thread could get bogged down and it would be difficult to find information in.

Jared

SO it's a violation of the FM rules to talk about the FM. Some of you are some twisted ****'s. Everyone else breaks the FM rules, why can't I. I'm not asking we follow the letter of the law in regards to the FM. God knows we would have no FM if the rules were enforced to the letter because no one would be left to post.

I'm just asking for some common sense.................I should know better because most on this forum have no common sense. Some are barely beyond evolved apes. :D;) .

Pfffffffttt. :D:p

H9
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Get a life, you friggin' geeks...
  • nadams
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The first rule of the Flea Market is - you do NOT talk about the Flea Market.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I'll give you 20% more than what heiney9 is offering you.

SOPA
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited April 2007
    Options
    30% more
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited April 2007
    Options
    HTrookie wrote: »
    I'll give you 20% more than what heiney9 is offering you.

He is offering the same thing on the Bay and Agon at the same time as here. Bad FM form:D
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    Get a life, you friggin' geeks...

It's ALIVE!!!:D :p;)
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2007
    Options
    If I see a good deal in the FM I'll post an ocasional bump as "good deal"... to help out fellow polkies that help out others. Am I wrong?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The Second rule of the Flea Market: you DO NOT, Talk, about the flea market...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2007
    Options
    His name was heiney9. His name was heiney9. His name was heiney9...