OOOHH Yeah! Got Blade 2

Options
scottvamp
scottvamp Posts: 3,277
edited September 2002 in Music & Movies
Just got my Blade 2 DVD. Ya - 5 days early! Scored on Ebay with a awesome seller. Even throw in a cell phone antenna for good measure. Unfortunatly his auction was pulled because other sellers RATTED him out for selling early.
Having a big HT get together tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
This movie freaking rocks!!!!!!!!!
NEW LINE PLATINUM SERIES
2 DISC
DTS ES
DOLBY DIGITAL EX
Post edited by scottvamp on

Comments

• joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited August 2002
    Options
    man cant wait for it, i love action movies you are not going to fall asleep with this one.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited August 2002
    Options
    i thought it was freakin awesome....i like the end...lol
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I was disappointed with the movie. After all the hype I was left wanting more. I think they took things a little too far the sequel.

Aaron
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Men In Black 2 leaves a LOT to be wanted. But the effects were off the hook. Especially "jeff".
    It's a renter.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • scottvamp
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Men In Black 2 leaves a LOT to be wanted. But the effects were off the hook. Especially "jeff".
    I don't know where MIB2 comes into play but I am iffy about even renting it. Looks like crap - pop culture movies suk.

I was disappointed with the movie. After all the hype I was left wanting more.
    Disappointed! Never saw that coming. If it is one thing this movie does not do - is disappoint. I suppose Spartacus really gets you excited. SPANKY. Hey - to each there own. Try Boy's On The Side.
    Hype - very little hype on this movie. Come on- try SPIDERMAN, Triple X or MIB2 which I don't think either will live up to their HYPE.:rolleyes:
    man cant wait for it, i love action movies you are not going to fall asleep with this one.
    HELL YAAAAAA! This movie is anything but a sleeper.;)
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I never saw the original Blade..........Do you have to have seen that to pick up with 2?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I've heard that Blade 2 is lurid trash. I'm definitely gonna see it.:lol:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2002
    Options
    BLADE (ONE) is great. Especially if you approach it with NO EXPECTATIONS. It completely rocks. It is everything that BATMAN should have been but wasn't. The cinematography is totally cool. Chapter 2, the bloodbath and the shootout, are awesome demos, loads of low end and aggressive surround stuff. (See? I provide you with a go-to demo chapter! Aren't I nice? You should be so nice.)

The only thing that sucks about BLADE is that the last 1/2 hour, the ending, is so godawful lame, so blah, so phony that it will piss you off. It's cheesy. But for 90 minutes or so, it's a bad-**** flick.

I can't wait to see this sequel.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • scottvamp
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Ya, the end of Blade 1 could have done alot better but still a great movie. I liked the (comic book) alternate ending better.

I never saw the original Blade..........Do you have to have seen that to pick up with 2?
    brettw22, definately watch Blade 1 first. The 2nd one is even better than the first but Blade 1 lays the foundation for the 2nd. Same main characters/acters and all. ;)
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I ordered it last week, I don't think it will be shipped until Sept. Iv'e got "John Q" and "Blackhawk Down" on the way. And I let you
    guys talk me into "Norah Jones" can't wait to get em.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2002
    Options
    blade 2 is cool the acton is cool and the special efects are good but i could use a better ending but was good
  • goingganzo
    edited September 2002
    Options
    just got sunday papre and i saw that best buy is offering a 5 buck off blade of you pursace both at same tome i think i am going to get them both
  • scottvamp
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Yeah, get down with ya bad self! Has some coupons inside also.
    Watched it Friday night - man that DTS 6.1 kicked A$$!!!!!!!!:eek:
  • goingganzo
    edited September 2002
    Options
    i am scoreing ot tomarrow and getting blade also bb is offering it for 9.99 if you buy blade 2 takeing that add to target and getting 10% off my total pursace
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Have had a hacked copy from DVD for 6weeks now. Somehow someone got a copy of the DVD early and riped it @ a high resolution and even encluded the Dolby digital 5.1 track :D . I will be purchasing the full DVD though, Gotta have the extra's. Great flick with non-stop action. :cool:
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Just got back from picking it up along with Friends: Season II.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Man I am really excited to see the sequel but I got home too late tonight to get it so I will pick it up tommorrow. Can't wait.
  • goingganzo
    edited September 2002
    Options
    man o man the dts es track was off the hook in the hangout man that was kickin bass and the souhd efects for the sord fights were sweet and the spical efects were sweet like when blade sliced the guy in half
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited September 2002
    Options
    I picked it up the other day and will probably watch over the weekend..I bought the first one as a blind purchase and thought it was great..hoping the second one is just as good..from what i have heard it is
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Watched it last night. Not as good as the first, but OK. Little too much gore and some very goofy scenes. The rap style music did not fit the theme of the movie. Too much CGI fight scenes that did not pull off a realistic look. All-n-all a fun one time rental. I was expecting more from all the hype and something like the first.

The dts track was excellent and as for the veido, I still think Fellowship of the Ring beats it.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • scottvamp
    edited September 2002
    Options
    There is no huge moral or story line to the movie.
    It is PURE HT ENTERTAINMENT. I am a horror movie buff - saying that I have never seen a good review on a horror movie. Blade comes from more of a modern day mature horror/action video game crowd.
    In that aspect it was very well done.
    Ron, u seem to have a problem with volience and gore - May I suggest the new Britney Spears movie (Crossroads). I thought it was OK;)
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Hey, Hey,
    Got home and my Blade II was here. Sweet Norah Jones too! I'll
    check out blade tomorrow. I want to hear her first. Unique voice, nice music. Easy on the eyes too.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Watched it last night. Good flick - thought the music matched well, but agree with Ron on the CGI special FX - sometimes the images looked stretched - like rubber - when they jumped around the room, etc., and it was distracting. Soundtrack in DTS was very good. My DVD player hung up at 25:25 and we had to start over (irritating more than anything). Overall a worthy successor to Blade.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Good trashy fun, but lacked gratuitous nudity.

The introductory comments to the edited/altered scenes was great. Director said most of what follows is junk, but geeks like to buy DVDs & look at this stuff. Also mentioned "sperm removal" & suggested you look for the offending substance that was deleted. I figured it must be in the very last scene, considering the location, but I didn't spot it (no pun intended).
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited September 2002
    Options
    ACTION ...ACTION.....ACTION....Just finally got a copy of 2 and loved it... I hesitated ..I was not a huge fan of 1 but they fixed any complaints with 2.
    Peace StuffMD
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • scottvamp
    edited September 2002
    Options
    lacked gratuitous nudity
    I totally agree - would have made it a perfect HT movie.:cool:
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Yeah, seeing that Blood Pack **** in the buff would have totally made my day. Better yet, her and Blade getting it on, and their fangs growing as they screamed in vamp-passion would have ruled!

Just watched Blade II for the first time with the Black Tower of Power. I was amazed (I'd better get used to this feeling) to find that the opening scene (when the Reaper is about to kill the vampires at the blood bank) contains a loud and sustained ultra deep bass note that is so low it felt more like a pressure on my ear drums than anything else. Never heard THAT before with my old subs - WOW.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec

Just watched Blade II for the first time with the Black Tower of Power. I was amazed (I'd better get used to this feeling) to find that the opening scene (when the Reaper is about to kill the vampires at the blood bank) contains a loud and sustained ultra deep bass note that is so low it felt more like a pressure on my ear drums than anything else. Never heard THAT before with my old subs - WOW.

Doc

Dr. what is the "black tower of power"? are you talking about your RT800i's? just curious. so you are not running a sub with your HT setup? WHen i turn mine off.. and let the 800i's handle the bass.. i'm pretty impressed with their ability to deliver.. but the psw350 kicks it up a notch.. and i like to be kicked. :lol: a little bit anyway. i'm in no way a bass-head. but i do like to feel in rattle the couch. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2002
    Options
    oops! my bad, Dr.
    i just saw you are running a sub. a very good sub from what i've read. what sub did you have before the svs?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited September 2002
    Options
    I bought it, watched it, left in dissapointment.1st one was much better.O well.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.