Venting.......

Bill Ayotte
Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
So I foster dogs for the humane society, I have always loved having a dog around, but I couldn't afford the vet bills, so this was a great choice for me...

Well, I had a pair of dogs....After having them for about six months, one of them gets adopted....Ok, that is part of the game, eventually they all find a home....I get a call from the woman who coordinates the foster care program, saying the dog that was adopted is coming back to me after she gets out the vet's care.....She was left outside for about 10 days, she is a house dog. She hated going outside in the rain, much less trying to find shelter in a thunderstorm...She dug what looked like a shallow grave in the back yard...About six feet long, two feet wide, and about 30-36" deep....She couldn't get out of it...So, the couple who adopted her went out of town while this was going on, and their roommate abused her to the point where she will bare teeth and lunge at him when he is in the same room...I guess she had bruises on her sides and a knot on her head...

I am just heartbroken.....She was such a nice dog, NEVER took a jump at me in anger, even after I took a header into her while she was eating....Long story, lots of booze involved. How can people do this to innocent animals? She is white, and I guess she was clay-red and brown when they picked her up.....

On the positive side, when they were picking her up, she bit the hell out of the **** that abused her.....Broke 2 bones in his hand. He is going to be charged, and I made sure to let his chain of command know that he is abusing animals and needs to be evaluated at mental health.....****....Ok, I feel better now..

Here is a pic of them at the old house...She is the white one...

DSC_0396-1.jpg
Post edited by Bill Ayotte on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited April 2007
    People that do that to dogs should have their balls cut off and fed to some pigs.

Why do people mistreat animals so much - makes no sense.

What a shame. Beautiful looking dog though.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited April 2007
    That is a shame. That's a beautiful dog.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
    Sad story to hear. I dont understand how anybody can do that. Good to hear the dog got its revenge on the owner. Hopefully the dog will go back to the way it was before the abuse.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    She isn't aggressive with anyone else from what I have been told so far....They are actually from the same litter....She weighs about 48 lbs, and he is pushing 60.....Both of them are barrel chested little ****, I love them to death....
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2007
    I remember you posting about her way back when. I'm glad the **** is being charged. If he was only bitten it would have made him feel justified in abusing the dog and others in future.
    I took a header into her while she was eating....Long story, lots of booze involved.

Enlighten us. :)
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    I got plastered one night and somehow remembered that the dogs had not been fed yet....So I literally just scoop the bowls into the 5 gallon bucket and put them on the floor....She runs up and starts eating while I am mid-way down, I lose concentration of my motor skills for a second and basically tackle her while she is face deep in her bowl....All she did was drop a few kibbles on my face and lick me, kind of like "oh, you want some too?" I was actually kind of scared because I had only had them for about a week when that happened....I really didn't know what to expect...That is why it was so mind boggling to me that she would take a shot at a person.....He must have really got a hold of her...
  • Polk65
    edited April 2007
    She will come around when she sees you again. Animals have an admirable trait of forgiveness but remember people they don't like or in Joe's case... smell good enough to eat. :p
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Haha, I sure hope so...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    yes, some people just should never own pets of any kind...

glad she'll be in your care and in your home again. Good for you for taking care of them before they get adopted. I can see it would be very easy to get attached to her and many other's.

good work on your part. Keep it up.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2007
    Keep us posted on how she is when you get her back. WTG Bill!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited April 2007
    With ya on this Bill. Have adopted 2 dogs from shelters in the past 20 yrs and both have been great dogs.Here in Illinois you are screened to the point you think your adopting a kid.Why don't you just keep them?I'm glad you do the foster care thing but if it was me,I wouldn't be able to let them go.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2007
    My fiance works at an SPCA (she is actually the volunteer/foster care coordinater), and its disgusting how some people treat animals. Good for you for fostering; keep it up!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Polk65
    edited April 2007
    I was actually kind of scared because I had only had them for about a week when that happened....I really didn't know what to expect...

More members than you can imagine work with rescues. After thirty years of adopting I can say that some appear to be similar but they all sing a different tune.

I still shed a tear.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    My dog had been abused by the previous owner, she cowered and winced if you tried to pet her (she thought she was gonna get hit) and she acted pretty lifeless most of the time. After about a month of TLC her personality came out and she went from fearful to fearless. She's now great at tackling girl scouts and Jehovah's witnesses and can hunt squirrles.

I got my dog from a no-kill, nonprofit shelter http://thepetconnection.net/
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited April 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    My dog had been abused by the previous owner, she cowered and winced if you tried to pet her (she thought she was gonna get hit) and she acted pretty lifeless most of the time. After about a month of TLC her personality came out and she went from fearful to fearless. She's now great at tackling girl scouts and Jehovah's witnesses and can hunt squirrles.

Ya, or maul unsuspecting vistors who venture into your house... ;) She's a good dog though... regardless of what they say!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    I remember you posting about them before. . . that creep should be beaten severely and then tied to a tree outside and fed nothing but raw onions for a week.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »

I wish all the shelters could be no-kill. There is nothing more pathetic than an excuse of killing a dog cause "it's past their time." What a crock of ****. I understand it costs money to support them. Maybe we should knock off the murderers on death row and use that money to keep pooches going in a shelter.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited April 2007
    I wish all the shelters could be no-kill. There is nothing more pathetic than an excuse of killing a dog cause "it's past their time." What a crock of ****. I understand it costs money to support them. Maybe we should knock off the murderers on death row and use that money to keep pooches going in a shelter.

You got my vote.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    I really f'd this dude's world up today....:D

I happen to be the son of a retired O-6....Well, my dad was a little more than peeved at what happened, so he decided to make a couple of calls to friends of his this morning...This kid is going to be evaluated like a serial killer and most likely be required to go through all kinds of mandatory counseling....Most of the time my father causes me pain in the ****, but today I couldn't stop smiling...:D

I get to go see her Saturday....If she is ok, I can take her home..:)
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Ya, or maul unsuspecting vistors who venture into your house... ;) She's a good dog though... regardless of what they say!

Yeah, I don't know how she learned to jump up and lick each visitor once in the face, its a funny habit of hers. But if you're on the other side of the door, its kill kill kill.
  • cfrizz
    edited April 2007
    That's great! Mind you, I have no idea what an O-6 is! But it sounds like your dad rocks! :D But the jerk should be forbidden to ever own another dog!

I happen to be the son of a retired O-6....Well, my dad was a little more than peeved at what happened, so he decided to make a couple of calls to friends of his this morning...This kid is going to be evaluated like a serial killer and most likely be required to go through all kinds of mandatory counseling....Most of the time my father causes me pain in the ****, but today I couldn't stop smiling...:D

Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Mind you, I have no idea what an O-6 is!
    A full bird Colonel in the AF/Army/Marines, a Captain in the Navy. Heap Big Wig! :D
  • cfrizz
    edited April 2007
    Oh....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Thank you Petrym!
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007

Right on!!! The **** should never, ever be permitted to even look at a pooch again under pain of . . . well I won't go that far! LOL
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited April 2007
    hearingimpared,

You have my vote too.

Cindy
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2007
    Right on!!! The **** should never, ever be permitted to even look at a pooch again under pain of . . . well I won't go that far! LOL

Under pain of getting their pepperoni cut off at the pizzaria.

Damn, wrong thread.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Under pain of getting their pepperoni cut off at the pizzaria.

Damn, wrong thread.

I thought it was called a canolli???
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2007
    She should have chomped him in the balls. Worthless piece of ****...
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited April 2007
    Both of ours are rescued. One I grabbed from a divorce gone bad. The other was from a shelter on a farm.

Great dogs. People are animals sometimes. Makes me mad to hear these type of stories.

She'll come around. I had in-laws that would spank their golden retriever. I ended up baby-sitting for 6 months. She was hand shy in the beginning but was happy go lucky afterwards.

Just need a good, loving home and time to heal.

Good luck and thanks for volunteering!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2007
    Some people are just evil. That breaks my heart that someone can treat an innocent animal like that.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.