POLL: If you were to move...

2»

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2007
    I live in South Jersey, and I would move back to the neighborhood where I grew up, and lived for the first 27 years of my life in BROOKLYN, NEW YORK. It would not be possible for me to miss that place anymore than I do. Still a solid, middle-class neighborhood with almost zero crime.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    I would move from New Jersey to...New Jersey.

I've been other places and the only option I think I would go for is Australia but since I have yet to go there and test it out, I can't say for sure. However, every time I go and spend some time some other place, I miss NJ. I'm not talking about a week or a few days, I'm talking about spending months some where else. My job has afforded me the opportunity to do so. Every time though, I can always find something that I miss about NJ.

I like NJ. It's not everybody's cup of tea and most everyone else thinks there is something wrong with NJ (i.e.: smell, mafia, so on...). I actually like it that way because it keeps people out of the NJ that I know. I'd rather have everyone else think NJ is the arm-pit of the world because if they ever knew the truth, they'd likely want to come and live here too. Then it'd REALLY be crowded!

I lived in Jersey for five years, Cherry Hill East and Voorhees and you can have it. . . I just made your point for you.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2007
    Lay off the meds Slick, cause that point is as clear as mud.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    I've been to every major and minor city in this country from 1976 to 1987 I traveled nearly 100% of the time and spent lots of time in many places. I like the Dallas/Fort Worth area (although I hate the Dallas Cowboys) and almost moved there at one time.

I lived most of my life in the PHiladelphia area including the city. I couldn't wait to get out of that friggin city. It is a hell hole full of murderers and punks. I'm proud to be from Philly but not proud of what it has become.

I moved to Newark Delaware. It is quiet, pretty, close proximity to the Chesapeke and Delaware Bays, as well as the Atlantic Ocean. Very very low real estate taxes, no sales tax and there is a nice ethnic mix of peoples here. Rt 95 runs right down the middle of the state and Delaware is close enough to all the major cities in the area and it a shot put away from Maryland which is a nice state too.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,805
    edited April 2007
    I lived in Jersey for five years, Cherry Hill East and Voorhees and you can have it. . . I just made your point for you.

I've lived in Jersey for almost 30 years. I got alot more experience at it than you do and I know alot more parts of NJ than most people. The NJ I know is not the NJ you know. I think George has a good idea of what NJ is too but for most, they just don't get it. I have been all over the state and I know southern NJ like the back of my hand. My home town is Camden, I grew up here and I live in Voorhees now. I don't know what's so bad about it. Taxes are high but so are property values so that's understandable. The crime rate is low and the schools are good. All municiple utilities are operational and responsive...just like the rest of New Jersey. I'm not really sure what point you made for me though?

Although, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan I have spent some time in. Granted, nothing like living there but I traveled through them with a friend while in college helping him with his co-op work. He managed computer systems at multiple locations throughout those three. Everything from offices in the WTC to small restaurants in Queens and Brooklyn. Spent a few Thursdays and Fridays moving computer equipment and hitting the local delis, pizza joints and hot dog stands for lunch, sometimes dinner. The only reason I wouldn't move to a city like that is because it's difficult to have a car in the city and I like driving way to much.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    I've lived in Jersey for almost 30 years. I got alot more experience at it than you do and I know alot more parts of NJ than most people. The NJ I know is not the NJ you know. I think George has a good idea of what NJ is too but for most, they just don't get it. I have been all over the state and I know southern NJ like the back of my hand. My home town is Camden, I grew up here and I live in Voorhees now. I don't know what's so bad about it. Taxes are high but so are property values so that's understandable. The crime rate is low and the schools are good. All municiple utilities are operational and responsive...just like the rest of New Jersey. I'm not really sure what point you made for me though?

Although, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan I have spent some time in. Granted, nothing like living there but I traveled through them with a friend while in college helping him with his co-op work. He managed computer systems at multiple locations throughout those three. Everything from offices in the WTC to small restaurants in Queens and Brooklyn. Spent a few Thursdays and Fridays moving computer equipment and hitting the local delis, pizza joints and hot dog stands for lunch, sometimes dinner. The only reason I wouldn't move to a city like that is because it's difficult to have a car in the city and I like driving way to much.

This is the point I was making for you Bro:
    I actually like it that way because it keeps people out of the NJ that I know. I'd rather have everyone else think NJ is the arm-pit of the world because if they ever knew the truth, they'd likely want to come and live here too. Then it'd REALLY be crowded!

I know you feel better off with me in another state!!!! LOL

Really though besides the outrageous RE taxes & auto insurance, sin tax, horrible traffic jams and roads, overcrowding, climbing crime rates especially residential areas adjacent to or in a drive proximity of Camden or Trenton, I liked my 5 years in Jersey and don't forget just because I didn't live there didn't mean as a Philadelphian or Delaware County PA resident I didn't spend lots of time there.

I must say gas is cheap there but if you smoke cigs you are paying close to $6 per pack.

Another really great thing about South Jersey is that the really good Italians from South Philly moved there and opened up some really, really fine resturants. I know of quite a few that I still frequent from time to time. . . but I still don't want to live there.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited April 2007
    Back to sunny Florida!!