Help! No Midbase! C-400 + db6500s ??

2»

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2007
    Well, unless someone can advise you as to any settings that may have been overlooked (but it seems like you covered all of that already in this post), then I guess you should call up Polk, get a Return Authorization number, and have it looked at by them.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • ravaneli
    ravaneli Posts: 530
    edited April 2007
    Ok I will send it to Polk and let you know what they found. Do they happend to have a dealer in IL by any chance? I mean not distributor but dealer.. somewhere I can take it instead of shipping. This shipping thing just takes so long to go and come back.. and have to pay for it too..
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I have found that tube based computers provide the best sound quality. ENIAC and MANIAC I offer a smooth, well defined and articulated sound unmatched by the current silicon based CPUs. :wink:
    But as in all things your perception is your reality.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2007
    Here is the closest dealer that's not a Circuit City. They don't sell Momo.

Fry's Electronics - Downers Grove
    Store #031 - Downers Grove
    3300 Finley Rd
    Downers Grove IL 60515
    630-390-2100
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2007
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited April 2007
    you mention that your speakers are in the factory stock locations. What kind of treatments have you done too the doors? have you matted the doors? have you used any sound deadning treatments at all in the doors? Are you speakers generaly sealed? or are there leaks every where due too stock door locations.
    what I'm getting at- if you throw speakers in the door and thats it- you get what you get. Even with the best speakers in the world- if you dont "install" them your not going to get the full potential of the speakers. Remember-80% of your sound comes from install...not the gear. I wouldnt be surprised that the lack of mid bass be somewhat do too the gear- as i'm not the biggest polk car audio fan... but I'm guessin install has more too do with this then the speakers themselves.

Thomas

oh yeah... I'd like to smack the designer of the "loudness" button. Probably same guy who thought upn Xplod crap!

hehe.
  • ravaneli
    edited April 2007
    I already said that speakers work fine with the old amp..

I was wondering if I can take the amp somewhere instead of shipping it. Fry's wont accept it..
    I have found that tube based computers provide the best sound quality. ENIAC and MANIAC I offer a smooth, well defined and articulated sound unmatched by the current silicon based CPUs. :wink:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2007
    To get it worked on under warranty, youll have to ship it back to Polk or the place you bought it.

Where did you buy it?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited April 2007
    Where did you buy it?
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2007
    ... me thinx Fujimoto's Blamo Blamo Car Stereo Emporium, on the corner of a dirt road and a station wagon.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2007
    Or possibly another satisfied Ebay customer?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ravaneli
    edited April 2007
    you are a bunch of arrogant **** of mediocre intelligence.

Never have I met such an attitude on another forum.

100 % displeased and disappointed, will make sure I don't have to deal with you again.

I am thinking none of you has a girlfriend and is pouring his discontent here. You are absolutely pathetic and pitiful and you have the nerve to talk down to people
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited April 2007
    Wow! He cracked like an egg!

Although I'm having a real hard time finding the posts that are arrogant. Vinny already posted in this thread so I'm assuming that's where the "mediocre intelligence" comment is comming from. ;)

What anyone else here having a girlfriend has to do with his inability to properly install and configure his crossovers escapes me. However, his displeasure and disappointment is confusing. He makes the outlandish and off-color comments which are so bad that they have to be moderated out of existence causing confusion for other posters in the thread. Then, by some luck of the gods, he's allowed to continue posting. He gets copious amounts of help even after he acted like a jackass in multiple threads, not just this one. The he asks where to take the speakers for service and he gets an answer. He is asked where he bought it (which is quite important for warranty work) to which he has yet to respond and several humorous speculations are made.

Now he's all pissed off.

Wow. Just another chapter in The Days of Club Polk.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited April 2007
    If you bought it at a shop you could take it back to them for help/ swap.

Lesson learned.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2007
    I can still post in a locked thread...HAHAHA!
This discussion has been closed.