Imus -- Miss Or Diss

2»

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2007
    I voted no because I've never liked his radio show, but that doesn't make him a bad person or wrong, it just means I don't like his radio show!

I would question how much financial impact to MSNBC an issue with the 14th rated radio show was really going to have? And if the media isn't going to defend free speech, well alrighty then, Houston we have a problem :confused:

There's a reason they thought about the Second Admendmant to the Constitution right after they finished with the First Admendmant!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    BIZILL wrote: »
    i'm gonna start up WET (white entertainment television) and run a miss white USA pageant.

I'm in.:D
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2007
    not to be racist, but i'm sick of the double-standard. let's see how much flak i'd get for this.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited April 2007
    Hell here in NC they are passing some bill for us all to apologize for slavery.

I didn't have a damn thing to do with it and neither did my fore fathers.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2007
    lets not forget reparations...

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Political Correctness is going to kill this country and it is just the beginning. All we have is cowardly men hiding in fear from Lawyers and media. I was not alive in the 50's but it sure sounded like a better place than now.

I liken this to the issues with Gonzales, the Justice Department and Bush with the fired prosecutors. There is this huge firestorm of outrage and indignation leading to countless hours by all the parties involved that could be spent running country and dollars and supoenas, etc...etc... All it would take to end it would be for Bush to walk up to the mike and say..."They worked for me and I fired them...period. The reasons are my own...and since they work at my pleasure...I have that right as President of the United States. Now, get back to work and leave my employees alone."

End of story.

You gotta have big balls to do it. I wish he would.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    From Boortz:

I have to kinda agree, there is a double standard. In the two cases listed above and the racial slurs JJ and AS have thrown around on mor than one occasion. A whole lot of noise for nothing of importance in my book. I had hardly heard of Imus so I don't really care.

Being on the Left means never having to say you are sorry.
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited April 2007
    i'm gonna start up WET (white entertainment television) .

NBC beat you to it
    and run a miss white USA pageant.

Its **** and **** that matter , skin (into the latin women looks myself) comes a distant sixth(right after legs, lips and the pageant interview, though in general physical characteristics always beat personality :D ).
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    THat's bull. They would have never lost sponsorships if it weren't for the contrived media circus around this whole thing. People say more offensive things on the radio every day, and they're perfectly within their rights to do so. There wasn't an iota of maliciousness in Imus's voice. He made an off-color joke, and Sharpton and Jackson decided to **** themselves again for their fake cause, just to get their publicity. If they hadn't thrown themselves into the ring, or if someone had an OUNCE of testicular fortitude and said "are you kidding me? It was an off-color JOKE, Chris Rock has things 50x worse on network TV every day", then this would have blown over without anything happening. The sponsors were forced to drop their sponsorship by contrived white guilt, and it's a load of crap.

The real shame of all this **** by Sharpton and Jackson is the REAL racial and bigot problems get lost in the shuffle and never will get resolved while these two baffooooooonnnnnsssss keep making it look like a flying circus.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    Why would they want to actually solve racial problems? A) it's the only reason they're relevant, and so if there were no racism, real or contrived, they would be out of jobs, and b) they're two of the biggest racists in the nation.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Political Correctness is going to kill this country

"going" is the wrong word Brother. . . has and is !!!! more accurate!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    I guess I would want to have him canned but I have not paid much attention to what happened.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2007
    Just read a quick news article online saying Imus and his Radio-thon have raised over a Million $$ already since this morning. A spokesman for the Radio-thon said the # of donors is way up over last year at this time with many calling in to support Imus while expressing anger at how bad he's been portrayed.

IMO, it is a damn shame how huge this thing has gotten simply from some spoken words.

Just today, 4 black highschool students were arrested after going through a huge crime spree and finally being caught on video robbing a cellphone store at gunpoint. Wanna bet Jackson and Sharpton won't pay this one bit of attention! They never do!
    No excuses!
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited April 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Wanna bet Jackson and Sharpton won't pay this one bit of attention! They never do!

Of course they won't... Did you hear the recent Sean Bell case in NY...?

NYPD kills Sean Bell outside a strip club after trying to flee police and then hit one of the policemen while trying to get away before crashing into a police van. Oh yeah, he was drunk too. Sharpton shows up because the officers fired too many bullets and he claims that Bell did nothing wrong and was unarmed… he was just out having a good time with friends at a strip club the night before his wedding. Since when is 3000lb vehicle not a weapon?

A previous poster said it best… These clowns, Al & Jesse, need to be ignored by anyone they try to pounce on. Since Imus’s career is over, he needs to counter these A-holes with everything he has.

I do hope that Hillary & Obama keep making comments about it because it is only going to hurt them in the future. Drudge is already linking Obama & Ludacris together from a meeting they had in Nov 06. Obama wants Imus to get fired for his comments, but he’ll meet with Ludacris even though he sings songs with lyrics like this…

“Hooooooooo (Ho)
    Youza Hoooooo (Ho)
    Youza Hoooooo (Ho)
    I said that youza hooooo (Ho)
    (Repeat 1x)

(Ludacris)
    You doin ho activities
    With ho tendencies
    Hos are your friends, hoes are your enemies
    With ho energy to do whacha do
    Blew whacha blew
    Screw whacha screw
    Yall professional like DJ Clue, pullin on my coat tail
    an why do you think you take a ho to a hotel?
    Hotel everybody, even the mayor
    Reach up in tha sky for tha hozone laya
    Come on playa once a ho always
    And hos never close they open like hallways
    An heres a ho cake for you whole ho crew
    an everybody wants some cuz hoes gotta eat too”

This only part of the song, there is a lot more HO to be quoted but the post was getting to long.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited April 2007
    Of words spoken? What about "music" That is produced....... Wrpa.."intentionally misspelled". This style of "music" is about the most hateful and full of politically incorrect words. It is mostly filth..Just because they are "artists" they are protected with free speech. Just a load of B/S.

Where are the talking heads condemning this hateful, demeaning "language".
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Why would they want to actually solve racial problems? A) it's the only reason they're relevant, and so if there were no racism, real or contrived, they would be out of jobs, and b) they're two of the biggest racists in the nation.

That is correct and why I think the black community should have them censured!!! They do more harm to black people than good.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2007
    Agreed Joe.

However, if I expressed that opinion to some other black people, including some of my family, they would tear me up one side & down the other!

Those of us that think these jerks are worthless are terribly out numbered in own own community, so it is safer to just stay silent.

Sometimes we are our own worse enemies.:(
    That is correct and why I think the black community should have them censured!!! They do more harm to black people than good.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited April 2007
    Somehow Cathy,you don't seem to be the " silent " Type.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    I can't believe they fired that jerk.

I don't like Don Imus, never have but this is absolutely rediculous. I want to find out who the sponsors of NBC are and let them (NBC and the sponsors) know that me and my family will no longer patronize them or their products.

I hope some organizations with a loud voice puts together a protest where the sponsors and NBC are boycotted!!!

I hate what that **** Imus said, but I will defend with my life if I have to his right to say it!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Agreed Joe.

However, if I expressed that opinion to some other black people, including some of my family, they would tear me up one side & down the other!

Those of us that think these jerks are worthless are terribly out numbered in own own community, so it is safer to just stay silent.

Well my friend, NBC and its sponsors just gave those two baffooonnns all the power in the world to keep driving that wedge between black and black as well as black and white America!
  • m00npie
    edited April 2007
    Staples & GM just to name a few
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    m00npie wrote: »
    Staples & GM just to name a few

I'm emailing both of them and letting them know that they've lost me and my family's business!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Agreed Joe.

I disagree with ya Cathy. I kinda think black people are as sick of Jackson and Sharpton as white people are.

Remember those 2 pieces of human debris that dragged that black man behind their truck in Texas? Well Jackson showed up there trying to start crap in his usual way and the community, both black and white, joined together and told him to get lost.

I also find that the vast majority of black people Ive talk to think Sharpton and Jackson are opportunists and see right thru them.

I think everybody sees thru them. The problem is the mainstream media is on their side and theyre the ones that tout these 2 so much. Id almost wager that there will be a backlash about this in public opinion.

Jackson and Sharpton have made a career out of being black! If they were white, theyd be night managers at 7/11. As a result, they do more to harm race relations in this country than help them.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • m00npie
    edited April 2007
    I'm emailing both of them and letting them know that they've lost me and my family's business!

Updated list, not sure about GM so hold the mail...

Staples, American Express & Proctor & Gamble - Source Time Magazine online
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2007
    Sometime's I'm not. I will deal with anyone that addresses me in a derogatory manner no matter who they are.

However, if just talking in general, knowing that I'm terribly outnumbered & that my voicing my opinion won't do a damn bit of good except to make me an outsider, I just let it go & limit my dealings with said people.
    tonyb wrote: »
    Somehow Cathy,you don't seem to be the " silent " Type.:)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
This discussion has been closed.