Brewers win NL central

cstpeter
cstpeter Posts: 387
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Brewers win central with 95 wins.

Sheets wins Cy Young at 21-7, 2.89 ERA, 256K, 30 BB.

Red Sox v. Brewers World Series.
Von Schweikert VR4-jr
Valve Audio Predator
Denon DVD-2900
PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Level IV Mods
Pro-Ject Xpression w/Blue Point No. 2
Graham Slee Special Edition 2
PS Audio UPC-200
Post edited by cstpeter on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited April 2007
    He's a witch!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    Burn him!!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2007
    Whatever it is that you're smoking, please pass some my way. I'd like to kick back one night and envision my Orioles winning it all this season! :D
    No excuses!
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2007
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    Repeat after me - 162 games, 162 games.... :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    So confused what month is it???????
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2007
    While the Brewers may win the NL Central, as its entirely possible, your estimates on Sheets I am going to predict are going to be a little off.

I'm going to say that the AL team in the WS will come from the Central. And the wildcard certainly will not be coming from the West in the AL.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    And the wildcard certainly will not be coming from the West in the AL.

I think the only bullet-proof prediction one could make is that the AL wild card will come from the
    East.

That being said...

GO BRAVOS!!!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2007
    I think the only bullet-proof prediction one could make is that the AL wild card will come from the
    East.

That being said...

GO BRAVOS!!!!

I disagree. My money is on the wild card coming from the AL Central. Between the Indians, Twins, White Sox, and Tigers, they have a very, VERY good division.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    And I agree with you completely... I actually think it's the better division. All the more reason I think they'll spend their fair share of time beating each other up.
    The AL East has Boston, New York and Toronto. The rest is cannon fodder.

Just one more reason why I absolutely despise the Wild Card format.
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2007
    Which is a great point. But, I compare them to the AL West of 2001 in which the the wild card team won, IIRC, 101 games. The rest of the league was good as well, yet that division still produced the wild card.

Anyways, we are both right in our own little ways I suppose. Only time will tell.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited April 2007
    cstpeter wrote: »

The pirates are 3-0 but you won't hear me saying something like that anytime soon:eek: . There's all this talk in pittsburgh that this might finally be the year(they have been under .500 for I think 15 years) for the pirates. It seems they are forgetting there is another 159 games to play. I'm looking forward to adding one more year of being under 500, maybe they can go for the record(if they haven't already beaten it).

Lets go pens.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2007
    Go Blue Jays.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Agreed Shizel...
    but with the AL West only having four teams, don't they play outside their division more often?
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2007
    tommyboy wrote: »
    The pirates are 3-0 but you won't hear me saying something like that anytime soon:eek: . There's all this talk in pittsburgh that this might finally be the year(they have been under .500 for I think 15 years) for the pirates. It seems they are forgetting there is another 159 games to play. I'm looking forward to adding one more year of being under 500, maybe they can go for the record(if they haven't already beaten it).

Lets go pens.

Pirates break .500 this year! Pens go to Semi Finals!
    Carl

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited April 2007
    I disagree. My money is on the wild card coming from the AL Central. Between the Indians, Twins, White Sox, and Tigers, they have a very, VERY good division.

Didn't you forget somebody??? HELLO?! The Royals?

Oh ya, they are minor leagues... Carry on.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Shizelbs
    edited April 2007
    I could be wrong, but I believe they play the same amount of intra-division games as everyone else. They just play each team a whole lot more. I know the M's played Oakland at least 17, if not 19 times last year.
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Didn't you forget somebody??? HELLO?! The Royals?

Oh ya, they are minor leagues... Carry on.

Remind me how much they wasted on Gil Meche again?
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2007
    ...and the Orioles take on the Yanks this weekend in the Bronx. Just hope our bats come to life! We sucked in Minnesota!
    No excuses!
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    ...and the Orioles take on the Yanks this weekend in the Bronx. Just hope our bats come to life! We sucked in Minnesota!

You also suck in Baltimore :)
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Yeah... I though Mazzone was supposed to lead that rotation to Fiddler's Green:p
  • cstpeter
    edited April 2007
    tommyboy wrote: »

Lets go pens.

I hear ya, but I must say there's a big difference between the Pirates and Brewers at present. Pirates don't have enough pitching or talent right now.

As I type this the Cubs are killing my 95-win team. Damn. Ok 94 wins.
    Von Schweikert VR4-jr
    Valve Audio Predator
    Denon DVD-2900
    PS Audio UPC-200
  • cstpeter
    edited April 2007
    While the Brewers may win the NL Central, as its entirely possible, your estimates on Sheets I am going to predict are going to be a little off.

What do you suggest? I agree 21-7 is stretching it. But so is 95 wins.

Last time Sheets was healthy (a big if, no doubt) was 2004. Taking away his horrible W-L record due to no run support, his stats were: 237 IP, 2.70 ERA, 264 K, 32 BB, .983 WHIP. Those numbers are crazy dominant. Again, if he stays healthy, I predict a similar or better year for my boy. God I hope so.
    Von Schweikert VR4-jr
    Valve Audio Predator
    Denon DVD-2900
    PS Audio UPC-200
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited April 2007
    Phillies!!! BABY, Phillies!!! You can take that to the bank.:rolleyes:
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited April 2007
    petrym wrote: »
    Go Cubs! :D

Second that. I'll be at the Cubs home opener on Monday, courtesy of a vendor -- about 20 rows directly behind home plate.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • schwarcw
    edited April 2007
    I hear ya, but I must say there's a big difference between the Pirates and Brewers at present. Pirates don't have enough pitching or talent right now.

As I type this the Cubs are killing my 95-win team. Damn. Ok 94 wins.

I think the Pirates have plenty of talent, most are very young. The players never play to their potential while here in the 'Burgh. There are plenty of ex-Pirates who are stars on other teams. Forget about Bonds 'cause he don't count, but I think it was two years ago that both starting pitchers in the 7th game of the World Series were ex Pirates.
    Carl

• cstpeter
    edited April 2007
    They do have talent, you're right. But not this year.

I think you're referring to the 2006 NLCS: Perez v. Suppan (now a Brewer!).
    Von Schweikert VR4-jr
    Valve Audio Predator
    Denon DVD-2900
    PS Audio UPC-200
  • schwarcw
    edited April 2007
    They do have talent, you're right. But not this year.

I think you're referring to the 2006 NLCS: Perez v. Suppan (now a Brewer!).

Yup! That was the game!

I have no illusions of the Pirates being contenders LOL! I think they will go over .500.
    Carl

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2007
    wodom1 wrote: »
    Second that. I'll be at the Cubs home opener on Monday, courtesy of a vendor -- about 20 rows directly behind home plate.
    You better bundle up brother. My wife and I used to attend a game every year in April until I got fed up with freezing my a$$ off. I went to a Bears game last year in October that was a lot warmer than those April games at the friendly confines. Wind off the lake is a beotch. We've got tickets to 2 games this year. Have a good time! Hope Zambrano gets the W this time.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007

Sheets wins Cy Young at 21-7, 2.89 ERA, 256K, 30 BB.

Red Sox v. Brewers World Series.

I don't know about the WS, but their pitching is fantastic this year and if they're not a contender it would be a disappointment. Kind of strange since we were going to be elated with a .500 team last year...

There's a totally different feel going to the games now. I guess that what happens when your fans actually get some expectations. So glad we nabbed Suppan.