Warranty?

Options
PolkFan1
PolkFan1 Posts: 130
edited April 2007 in Troubleshooting
How can I find out if my speakers are still under warranty? I bought them about 2 months ago...Rti8's.
Post edited by PolkFan1 on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2007
    Options
    PolkFan1 wrote: »
    How can I find out if my speakers are still under warranty? I bought them about 2 months ago...Rti8's.

Here it is...copied straight from the web site. Note the bold section. My guess is you have no warranty.
    Product Warranties

Polk Audio home loudspeakers have a 5-year parts and labor warranty. The amplifiers used in our "powered speakers" (such as Powered Subwoofers) have a 3-year warranty. All outdoor speakers, such as Atrium Series, have a 2-year warranty. db Series mobile speakers have a limited 1-year warranty. Signature Series (SR) and Polk/MOMO Series mobile speakers are warranted for 3 years; Polk/MOMO mobile amplifiers are warranted for 1 year. The XRt12 Reference XM Tuner and I-Sonic Entertainment system have a limited 1-year warranty.

To ensure a valid warranty, Polk products must be purchased at an Authorized Polk Audio Dealer. (If you're not sure a dealer is "authorized," call Polk Audio at 1-800-377-7655, and ask us.) eBay is not an authorized dealer! The warranty is not transferable, that means it applies only to the original purchaser. If you purchase your speakers from a private individual, that product is considered "used" and has NO factory warranty, no matter what the seller implies.

The warranty is VOID if the serial number of the speaker has been removed or defaced. These warranty terms apply only to products purchased in Canada, the United States of America, its possessions, and US and NATO armed forces exchanges and audio clubs. The Warranty terms and conditions applicable to Products purchased in other countries are available from the Polk Audio Authorized Distributor in such countries.

For the precise and legal terms of the warranty on a given product, refer to the owner’s manual. An Acrobat Reader file of the owner’s manual can be found on each product’s web page. If you have any questions about your warranty coverage, or you think you need service, call Polk Customer Service at 1-800-377-7655. We're here to help you get the most from your new speakers!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson