You think drugs are bad....

2»

Comments

• dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited April 2007
    That reminds me of a 'Behind the Music' episode, Motley Crue if I remember right. They were injecting themselves with whiskey. Injecting. WtF. And Led Zeppelin probably thought they had rock excess wrapped up after the Shark Tale.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2007
    Sick Sick Sick then again Sad Sad Sad :(

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Calling it a disease is a bunch of **** and a slap in the face to every person who has cleaned their life up. I know all about addiction and dependence having a close family member who went through it. The last thing he'd do is excuse it as a disease, but hey, this debate has been had on this forum a couple years ago and I have no desire to get back into it again. :mad:

Keith Richards is still an idiot.

It's in the medical books as a disease and I have first hand experience not from close family members but from MYSELF, sorry there Kimosabe YOU DON'T KNOW ALL ABOUT IT cause you haven't lived it. So you can close your mind and call it an excuse or whatever. I for one wanted to quit for years and couldn't until I got extreme help. I know others who want to quit and CAN'T. I have cleaned up and don't feel a slap in the face because it is called a disease where do you get off speaking for a person who has cleaned up their life and then call it a slap in the face? Sorry Demi I feel your mind is closed on this one.:)

I agree that Keith does idiotic things.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    Disease infers that you naturally tripped, landed your nose over a rolled up dollar bill, and inhaled a line of pixie dust.

I'm well aware of the medical definition of the word, I'm just telling you that diease reads as an excuse by most people, whereas addiction infers the user assumes a little more responsibility for getting themselves hooked on whatever your poision happened to be.

A human being finds drugs, the drugs don't find the human beings. Just like a loaded gun can't discharge itself. Someone has to pull the trigger.

...and the eff I don't know all about it. Try living with an effin' alcoholic sometime and then tell me what that **** does to the people who are on the receiving end of some other **** choices. My uncle is a recovering alcoholic and his choices effed over his family. If you're an alcoholic I'm sure you know how bad that **** screws over the ones you love.

My reaction to the reality my family lived is different than yours, where you get off calling me closed minded when I had to be around it is beyond me.

Adults can leave alcoholics, kids can't. Think about that before you call people closed minded.

I'm done with this thread before I say something to get me banned for good.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2007
    I wasn't all that shocked to hear what he did. I guess it takes a little more to shock me.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    [I'm done with this thread before I say something to get me banned for good.

No problem we agree to disagree then, Okay?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited April 2007
    Sorry Demi, but I have to agree with Joe. You have no idea what it's like to have the disease. Sure, living with someone that does gives you a view from that side, but it's not the same. Drink and drugs are but a symptom of the disease that manifests itself in a multitude of forms.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2007
    Now, Mr. Richards is saying it's not true. He said it to a reporter, probably wanted to eff with him.
    Carl

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Now, Mr. Richards is saying it's not true. He said it to a reporter, probably wanted to eff with him.

heard that on the radio yesterday as well.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited April 2007
    How he has managed to live this long, I will never know.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2007
    I think it's called "Chemical Preservation."
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    petrym wrote: »
    I think it's called "Chemical Preservation."

My grandmother lived to be 94. She was preserved or pickled. Every day for breakfast she would have a four ounce glass of white Muscatel wine and a shot of anisette in a mug of espresso, the same at lunch and the same at dinner. Chemical Preservation works to a certain degree I guess. LOL