You think drugs are bad....

strider
strider Posts: 2,568
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just when I thought I couldn't be surprised by anything Keith Richards did.....

Keith Richards: `I Snorted My Father'
By Associated Press
2 hours ago

LONDON - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

___
Wristwatch--->Crisco
Post edited by strider on

Comments

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2007
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    Um...
    I'm suddenly very, very cold.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    Maybe I'm just crazy but that doesn't sound so strange to me.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2007
    Ya you are crazy.
  • mwh9
    mwh9 Posts: 51
    edited April 2007
    Every once in a while you have to try something new, Keith is just running out of new things to try.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2007
    SOB!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    why not? he's done everything else :p
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited April 2007
    I was really disappointed when I fell off the list

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    I saw that earlier today, what a sick pup!!! I wonder if he sneezed his dad all over the wall?
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    mwh9 wrote: »
    Every once in a while you have to try something new, Keith is just running out of new things to try.

Yeah all his veins have collapsed so he needs to work the other points of entry. Pretty soon he'll have dope suppositories!:eek: :D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2007
    He is one sick MF.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited April 2007
    heard this on the radio today... WEIRD!!!!!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2007
    This is why you don't do drugs kids... no matter what context, doing your Dad is never good...
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
    Well now ive heard everything!. That is so sick.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited April 2007
    Publicity stunt, folks.

He's got a movie to promote.."Pirates of the Caribbean, The World's End"(or something like that).

What a better way than that???
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    Eh, he's too stupid for it to be for publicity. The guy is a major candy head, but this may or may not be true.

I think PoC:3 gets by on name recognition alone anyways.

Either way, 10 points to him for even coming up with something this effed up....:eek:
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    I tried to snort my dad once, but he called the cops.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited April 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Eh, he's too stupid for it to be for publicity. The guy is a major candy head, but this may or may not be true.

I think PoC:3 gets by on name recognition alone anyways.

Either way, 10 points to him for even coming up with something this effed up....:eek:

He MAY be too stupid, but his or the studio's publicist isn't. I still know SEVERAL people that don't know that he's playing Cpt. Jack Sparrow's father.

BTW, in reality, Keith Richards isn't an idiot, by any means. He's just a drug abuser and a very wealthy one, too.

Has anyone else noticed that Keith looks better now, than he did 35 years ago??
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2007
    I don't think trying drugs and getting hooked makes you a stupid person since we all have made mistakes, but I do think doing drugs for almost your entire life until you're 63 years old kind of makes you an idiot by it's very definition.

I just doubt it's a publicity stunt anymore than him falling out of a coconut tree and almost killing himself was a publicity stunt. It's a miracle this guy is still alive.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    Did you see in Blender where his projected year of death was 1987?:p
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2007
    Did you see in Blender where his projected year of death was 1987?:p

Yeah, that was funny stuff. I think even that was being generous.

The real amusing thing about this whole thing is that if it is true, it means he did it in the last 5 years....

...guess we finally have an answer to the question of whether hard partying rock stars would ever settle down with age. :eek:
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2007
    So who do you think has had a rougher go of it...

Keith Richards or Shane McGowan?
  • davidk0512
    davidk0512 Posts: 157
    edited April 2007
    I heard about it yesterday on the radio, all I could think was...
    You have got to be kidding...

I heard this morning on the same radio station that this was in reality a joke that was started a few years ago by Mick Jagger, obviously after his father passed away.
    David
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2007
    So who do you think has had a rougher go of it...

Keith Richards or Shane McGowan?

Last known whereabouts....Aphex Twin videos...

aphexcometodaddy.jpg
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2007
    As much as I may enjoy rock music...I quit paying attention to anything so called "rock stars" do in their personal lives a long time ago. If they are interesting because of intelligent behavior or genuine substance...that is one thing. But anything that has to do with bizzare, outrageous, publicity, politics, etc...I could care less. I've never been a Stones or Richards fan anyway...so knock yourself out Keith...snort away. :rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2007
    Richards Denies Snorting His Dad's Ashes
    By Associated Press
    1 hour ago

In this March 12, 2007, file photo, Keith Richards ...
    LONDON - Keith Richards was joking when he claimed to have snorted his father's ashes along with cocaine, a spokesman said Wednesday.

"It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke," said Bernard Doherty of LD Communications, which represents the Rolling Stones.

Doherty declined to say any more about why Richards made the statement in an interview with NME, a pop music magazine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," the 63-year-old guitarist was quoted as saying.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

___

On the Net:

Rolling Stones:

http://www.rollingstones.com/home.php

NME:

http://www.nme.com/

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

printable version email article
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    ND13 wrote: »
    Publicity stunt, folks.

He's got a movie to promote.."Pirates of the Caribbean, The World's End"(or something like that).

What a better way than that???

He won't need make-up if he is playing a living dead fella.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    but I do think doing drugs for almost your entire life until you're 63 years old kind of makes you an idiot by it's very definition.

Demi, some guys get the disease so bad that they cant' stop. I've known quite a few really good guys who were so addicted that they just couldn't stop. They try and try and always end up back in that hell. I can think of one guy in particular who got 90 days sober at the age of 63 and died in his sleep. I thinks he was spared by God any more of that living hell !

The problem is that the human body becomes so dependant on the drug to live after having it for so many years that when it is taken away at a late age it cries out for the drug so it can keep ticking. That's not a mental thing, it becomes a physiological pathology.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    i think he did in fact snort his fathers ashes.. now is just backtracking . the dude is FU'd UP if you ask me. 40+ years of doing every kind of drug known to man, how can that not screw you up?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2007
    Demi, some guys get the disease so bad that they cant' stop. I've known quite a few really good guys who were so addicted that they just couldn't stop. They try and try and always end up back in that hell. I can think of one guy in particular who got 90 days sober at the age of 63 and died in his sleep. I thinks he was spared by God any more of that living hell !

The problem is that the human body becomes so dependant on the drug to live after having it for so many years that when it is taken away at a late age it cries out for the drug so it can keep ticking. That's not a mental thing, it becomes a physiological pathology.

Calling it a disease is a bunch of **** and a slap in the face to every person who has cleaned their life up. I know all about addiction and dependence having a close family member who went through it. The last thing he'd do is excuse it as a disease, but hey, this debate has been had on this forum a couple years ago and I have no desire to get back into it again. :mad:

Keith Richards is still an idiot.