FS: DENON POA-4400 Monoblock Amplifiers

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited April 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
DENON POA-4400 Monoblock Amplifiers - 8/10 - Black - *SOLD* on Audiogon

I've been running these for a few weeks, hinting at selling in a couple of threads, and finally turned them off. Monoblocks are just cool :) It's a solid pair but it was time to get back to the BBQ.

They aren't perfect, couple small scratches on the body, imperfections on one edge, of one faceplate. I've touched them up and they are more than ready to brag about....just a big black cube, with DENON on the front, means business. They are immaculate internally, not a spec of dust which made dressing them up a snap. All connections have been treated with CAIG products.

I don't like to comment in regards to sonic qualities because its all subjective and my gear isn't your gear.

What I do know is that this series is a pretty unheralded line from Denon(2200/4400/6600) and was when they actually cared enough about 2CH to make something decent. There isn't a huge amount of data on this line of amplifiers...but the spec's are as follows:

150wpc@8x1
250wpc@4x1

I'm told by Jim @ Denon that they are peak rated 500wpc@2ohms. I've seen 1ohm spec's but only in passing, nothing on paper and he didn't mention it. The guts are solid and the circuit design is fairly straightforward, robust and simple....it wouldn't suprise me, but I won't claim it.

It has two sets of speakers binding posts which allows true end to end bi-wiring OR enough **** to power two pairs of speakers, on each monoblock. They utilize A/B switching on the front for convenience.

No, this doesn't mean you can use them to individually bi-amp, as it's single input only and the binders are in parallel. It's rated wpc whether one or both pairs of binders are used.

You have a choice of input via RCA or XLR(Balanced).

Anyways, I would normally include shipping but since these are monoblocks, I can't eat all that. They WILL be packaged to withstand a nuclear holocaust and the packaging is on the level of attic storage.

Either way, thanks for reading, get some monoblocks and Happy Listening.

5760044AOPD
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Kick ****.

That Denon line of amps are HUGE underrated.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I recall that many a pair of large SDA's were demoed on those amps back in the day.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2007
    Options
    solid build,packs a punch.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Those are nice.

Looks like they have oil filters.:rolleyes: :D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    edited April 2007
    Options
    they do still care about two channel you just have to pay for it. it starts with their pma-2000ivr integrated on up into their s series products $5400 for 50 watt integrated!
    these are good power amps.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Doro.....you're nothing short of cruel man. I've spent waaaaaay too much this past month. But I'm drooling right now. A nice cheap HT would start with your Rotel Pre/Pro, these Mono's and complete it with some Marantz MA500's I have on a shelf.

I'm thinking...thinking really hard!!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Thanks for the comments gang, you rule.

MLS - The big, encapsulated toroid type oil filters :)

Stereo Luver - If you have any questions or comments, just drop me a line. That would certainly be an homage to Pacific Rim power.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Buy everything from this man! God, I need functional amps too......Too rich for me right now though....God, those would look good above my Sunfire though.....
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited April 2007
    Options
    They do look sweet, and would be a perfect match for some of the upper tier RTis. Can you imagine 4 of them bi-amping a pair of SRTs, with a 5th on the SRT center? :eek:
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I would hope you have some shelf space :)
  • Systems
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Will do Doro...right now I'm struggling with the choice between these and another pair of Transcendent 509's. The 509's are tube and the same power rating. BUT..........I haven't owned the Denon's and wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The Transcendent gear is very nice, no doubt. If you already have a pair, try something new. Either way, I'm sure you'll find something cool to play around with.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited April 2007
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    I would hope you have some shelf space :)
    How wide are the pair, side-by-side, as in the first pic?
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Mike - They are individually 12x15x7(WxDxH)....24" wide.
  • Systems
    edited April 2007
    Options
    PM'd...ummm...emailed.....damn I can't stand this....LOL
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Enough with the Denon jerk off session, someone close escrow on these already.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Systems
    edited April 2007
    Options
    But its so fun Russ...LOL. Why so concerned bud? Are these killing you or what?

JK...I gotta have em'...I hate myself sometimes. If I were still married I could hear it now...**" WTF are you doing?..you have tons of "crap" and I need ANOTHER new car/truck"** (BIOTCH) Hellfire..she even wrecked a truck just so she could get a new one because her's was only 9 months old. Beauty only goes as deep as a wallet sometimes...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Email received....
  • Systems
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The wheels are turning....................and I got a little traction now. LOL
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I'm about to keel over....Somebody HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Chuck - Relax man, you're starting to make me nervous about dealing with you :)
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Well, I haven't heard from Stereo Luver(Chuck) in almost a week, so these are back up on the block. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Systems
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Sorry Doro...but a heart attack sidelined me for a little while. This one hurt like hell too. Give me a little time to get back on my feet and I'll do the deal. However, if someone comes along with the coins.....well you know.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Holy s$%t dude!

I'd say that's a pretty good reason to be sidelined. Get better broham.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    Options
    That is a fantastic, albeit frightening, reason for not coming through on an FM deal.

Good luck with recovery, Stereo! Sounds like this is a fairly frequent thing for you. . . not to make light, but reminds me of Da' Bears skits from SNL past.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Best wishes
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Systems
    edited April 2007
    Options
    This was number 2. The one in '96 didn't hurt near this much. Funny thing is..I never felt it coming on like before. I just felt sick, upset tummy, a small discomfort in my lower back......leads to massive headache, throwing up, slight pain/ cramp in my left chest area.....then the mack truck that had me on the floor doubled over in pain trying to breath. 3 stints later I feel like new again. Lock up your wives and daughters....I'm back!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • engtaz
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Good to hear
    engtaz

• dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Good lord. I'm sure glad I didn't say anything mean about you :D Glad to hear that you're ok!

Mark
  • engtaz
    edited April 2007
    Options
    doro,

Does this mean doing business with you is dangerous. Just kidding

engtaz
    engtaz