CC sucks part II

2»

Comments

• PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2007
    That's what we need, an electronics store employee union. Their plight is unimagineable. I overheard a starving Ethiopian the other day and just before he died I heard him say "At least I don't work at Circuit City!!" :rolleyes:

EDIT: added the appropriate sarcastic smilie
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Yes this sucks, but everyone of you who bought from the internet instead of a B&M store is contributing to this. Just remember that.

That may be true brother but if that is so blatantly obvious then shouldn't CC have a very good website that is competitive with their competition? I think they already do so the problem isn't what they are doing it is how they are doing it. Maybe they overextended themselves and have toooooo many stores, to much inventory, to much overhead to justify their proposed bottom line.

Paying higher prices or for lesser quality merchandise just to keep a store afloat isn't in my blood. If I can get a better product that CC doesn't sell for less money on the internet I'm doing that in good conscience. It's not just good quality and price that help make my decision, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE is the kicker for me.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:
    That's what we need, an electronics store employee union. Their plight is unimagineable. I overheard a starving Ethiopian the other day and just before he died I heard him say "At least I don't work at Circuit City!!"

Yep unionize the electronics store so they can go the same route as the auto industry. Unions will drive the prices so high that ALL the electronics stores will have to close their doors cause people will flock in droves to foreign made, less expensive, same or better quaility products. This is a tough situation and I feel for those good employees who lost their jobs to a greedy company who doesn't know how to get the bottom line they wish to achieve.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited March 2007
    No union in Winn Dixie and Publix.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
    edit: I think he actually retired last summer, have to check

W. Alan McCollough makes around $5M a year*. If they fire him, they can save $50M over 10 years.

*total comp inc. stock options

W. Alan McCollough
    Chief Executive Officer
    Circuit City Stores Inc.

2005 Compensation
    Salary $975,000
    Bonus $1,053,000
    Long-Term Incentive Payoffs $0
    Restricted Stock Awards $3,330,000
    Other Compensation $112,049
    Value of Stock Option Grants* $0
    Total 2005 Compensation Plus Stock Option Grants

$5,470,049
    Compensation from Prior Stock Option Grants**
    Value of Options Exercised in 2005 $3,052,902
    Value of Exercisable Options $20,773,329
    Value of Unexercisable Options $0
  • PolkThug
    edited March 2007
    Okay, here's the new guy, who was previously with BB.

Philip J Schoonover
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    That may be true brother but if that is so blatantly obvious then shouldn't CC have a very good website that is competitive with their competition? I think they already do so the problem isn't what they are doing it is how they are doing it. Maybe they overextended themselves and have toooooo many stores, to much inventory, to much overhead to justify their proposed bottom line.

Paying higher prices or for lesser quality merchandise just to keep a store afloat isn't in my blood. If I can get a better product that CC doesn't sell for less money on the internet I'm doing that in good conscience. It's not just good quality and price that help make my decision, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE is the kicker for me.

CC Does have a website: circuitcity.com. You can order stuff there and everything! :) The also have an ebay store under the user name trading_circuit.

Now think about this: If CC sold their stuff cheaper through their own website, what would happen to the store?
    engtaz wrote:
    No union in Winn Dixie and Publix.

engtaz

Again, different industry. They can do what they want.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2007
    Going back to their webesite. I saw an item on their website, it was a graphics card. I went to the store to buy it. The sales rep told me if I wanted the GC at that price I would have to purchase it online. So their I am, on a computer AT THEIR STORE, buying online. I thought that was hilarious. I could have just stayed home to do that. Whe he told me I had to purchase it online, I asked why? Is it a different store I am buying from? He said no but he couldnt answer why I had to do it. So now if I see something I just have to have from CC I buy it online and pick it up from the store. Cuts the sales rep out completely. I think this is rediculos.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    jakelm wrote:
    Going back to their webesite. I saw an item on their website, it was a graphics card. I went to the store to buy it. The sales rep told me if I wanted the GC at that price I would have to purchase it online. So their I am, on a computer AT THEIR STORE, buying online. I thought that was hilarious. I could have just stayed home to do that. Whe he told me I had to purchase it online, I asked why? Is it a different store I am buying from? He said no but he couldnt answer why I had to do it. So now if I see something I just have to have from CC I buy it online and pick it up from the store. I think this is rediculos.

Yes, it could be from an entirely different supply chain (only TV's ordered through their website are delivered from store inventory) however the salesman was a gapped tooth mouthbreather and could have overrode the system had he had a brain.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Yes, it could be from an entirely different supply chain (only TV's ordered through their website are delivered from store inventory) however the salesman was a gapped tooth mouthbreather and could have overrode the system had he had a brain.

CC is CC right? Does it matter what supplier it comes from? The sale still goes to CC?

I picked the GC up from the store's inventory.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2007
    jakelm wrote:
    CC is CC right? Does it matter what supplier it comes from? The sale still goes to CC?

I picked the GC up from the store's inventory.

That's why he said if the guy had half a brain he could have done it for you. I've had salespeople do that exact thing for me before.

The world needs ditchdiggers....
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2007
    jakelm wrote:
    Going back to their webesite. I saw an item on their website, it was a graphics card. I went to the store to buy it. The sales rep told me if I wanted the GC at that price I would have to purchase it online. So their I am, on a computer AT THEIR STORE, buying online. I thought that was hilarious.

Same, exact thing happened to me with a HK receiver... It was ridiculous. My wife couldn't stop laughing.
    And FWIW, the receiver came from the store's inventory....
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • PolkThug
    edited March 2007
    When I worked there, I would just have a manager change the price to match the CC web price, it took about 30 extra seconds to do. Sounds like they are just being lazy.