CC sucks part II

PolkThug
PolkThug Posts: 7,532
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, just talked to my friend that still works/worked at my old store. They basically fired the most loyal employees. He had been with CC almost 8 years and got ONE month severance.

They made all the people they were firing come in at 8:15am. When he saw who was there, he thought it was going to be a positive meeting because it was all people that had been at the store a long time. Wrong.

There were people at other stores with 10+ years at CC and they all got their walking papers.

:mad:
Post edited by PolkThug on

Comments

• krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2007
    It's just a matter of time before they go out of business...

i NEVER see anyone there...I've been going there to look at HDtvs because I have all the room I want to look at the tvs i am considering

sucks for your friend, though...may be for the best too
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2007
    I have a CC and a BB right across the street from each other.

CC = 10 cars
    BB = 50 cars
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    What is the age range of these people? Could it be that these people were making the most money? IE a subtle form of age discrimination.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jakelm
    edited March 2007
    cfrizz wrote:
    What is the age range of these people? Could it be that these people were making the most money? IE a subtle form of age discrimination.

Looks like in my town the age is between 18 and 25. I guess that is the age where you dont need to make alot of money.

They sure dont hustle for it. I can walk around that store for hours without being helped.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2007
    Well.... you can't polish a ****. CC has nothing to offer but poor service, poor business practices, a sub-par electronic selection, and waves of waves of flourescent lighting that makes my normally beautiful and radiant complexion look yellow and ill.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • jakelm
    edited March 2007
    At least BB has SACD's and a ton of movies.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2007
    jakelm wrote:
    I have a CC and a BB right across the street from each other.

CC = 10 cars
    BB = 50 cars

same here..
    except my CC = 5 cars
    BB = 40 cars

you crunch the numbers :eek:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • jakelm
    edited March 2007
    Of corse most of those cars are probably employees.....lol
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    Maybe the average CC customer teleports from place to place. A true testament to the technological marvels made possible by the good folks at Circuit City.

pffft Best Buy fanboys with their automobiles.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • danger boy
    edited March 2007
    jakelm wrote:
    Of corse most of those cars are probably employees.....lol

errr.. former employees now. :rolleyes:
  • danger boy
    edited March 2007
    CC started going downhill when they stopped carrying the RTi line of Polk Audio speakers a few years ago.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
    danger boy wrote:
    CC started going downhill when they stopped carrying the RTi line of Polk Audio speakers a few years ago.

Yep, when I started there they even had Lsi15's. When the RTi's went and the upper Hitachi's went, I went.
  • jakelm
    edited March 2007
    Thank God they still have Sony and Infinity........or else I would never go....
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• danger boy
    edited March 2007
    jakelm wrote:

and Bose too.. where else can I get my white Bose fix on?? :p :rolleyes:
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited March 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    Well, just talked to my friend that still works/worked at my old store. They basically fired the most loyal employees. He had been with CC almost 8 years and got ONE month severance.

They made all the people they were firing come in at 8:15am. When he saw who was there, he thought it was going to be a positive meeting because it was all people that had been at the store a long time. Wrong.

There were people at other stores with 10+ years at CC and they all got their walking papers.

Its a brave new world. Internet price comparison revolution renders good and loyal employees an expendable expense. and I say this with no cynicism.
    check yourselves, are you not doing more and more of your shopping online?
    I hope your friend bounces back quickly.
  • danger boy
    edited March 2007
    PolkThug wrote:

the sad thing about this huge layoff, is the CEO/CFO of CC will probably get a huge bonus at the end of the year. :mad:
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited March 2007
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51036

We already have a thread about this, they fired the people who made the most money...which generally were the people who worked there longest.

They have done this before, just a few years ago. When they went from commision to hourly they cut most of the salespeople's wages from $15-20/hr to $10-12. They fired a chunk and a good chunk of the rest quit.

Jared
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited March 2007
    Well.... you can't polish a ****. QUOTE]

Waaaaaaaaaa...!!
    You can if you can get past the smell..!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited March 2007
    and waves of waves of flourescent lighting that makes my normally beautiful and radiant complexion look yellow and ill.

your a guy right ?!!
    put some bass in that voice ...!!

If not , then carry on....

It`s just I don`t hear too many dudes speak of thier "radiant skin" that often...;)

I think the managers at CC look at the local BB circular to see what to put on sale each week..

Both stores always have the same crap for sale at the same price ...for almost the same amount of $$
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • sbpolk
    sbpolk Posts: 644
    edited March 2007
    jakelm wrote:

Mmmmmm.... nope. Harmon Audio pulled out of there a few months back, taking with it Harmon Kardon and Infiniti.... Neither brand I am particularly fond of, but nonetheless.

My bestfriend, a roadshop manager for five years got his walking papers yesterday.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    There was a big headline in the Delaware County Times (PA) today about the layoffs. It is simply them cutting all the good employees that have worked their way up to decent salaries. They were offered a pay cut, if they turned it down they were let go.

Crappy business!!! Crappy service!!! Crappy company. EFF them!!! They don't even know how to get their bottom line right.
  • sbpolk
    edited March 2007
    They were offered a pay cut, if they turned it down they were let go.

My friend was offered no reduction in pay. Basically told he could reaplly for the job at an entry level position. He would go from $16/hr plus bonuses, he made about $50k a year, to 7.25 per hour. Made alot of sense. His wife is expecting, and he lost health insurance. Cobra will cost him $800 per month. Nice huh? I feel for him, he was very highly regarded as an installer, and actually ran a very well respected roadshop.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2007
    I wonder if Chorney or Dunham got the ax today at CC (KC market).
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited March 2007
    .... thi is not very nice ...
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited March 2007
    sbpolk wrote:
    My friend was offered no reduction in pay. Basically told he could reaplly for the job at an entry level position. He would go from $16/hr plus bonuses, he made about $50k a year, to 7.25 per hour. Made alot of sense. His wife is expecting, and he lost health insurance. Cobra will cost him $800 per month. Nice huh? I feel for him, he was very highly regarded as an installer, and actually ran a very well respected roadshop.
    Where does he live? Our Maryland office just opened a position that might be a fit.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2007
    beardog03 wrote:
    your a guy right ?!!
    put some bass in that voice ...!!
    If not , then carry on....
    It`s just I don`t hear too many dudes speak of thier "radiant skin" that often...;)

I charge hoboes wooden nickels just to touch it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put the f*ckin' lotion in the basket before Bill gives me the hose:p
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    No, it's not very nice and I will admit that the only CC that I've ever seen that turns a robust business is the local one to me. Know why? No Best Buy for 30+ miles. Now a Best Buy is moving in across the highway and I know the CC will be toast.

That said, this was a move to keep the stores that have the layoffs/reapply to stay open until they can fix things further up the chain. It was either this, close those stores and lose all of the employees, or go bankrupt and shut down the company.

Yes this sucks, but everyone of you who bought from the internet instead of a B&M store is contributing to this. Just remember that.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • sbpolk
    edited March 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Yes this sucks, but everyone of you who bought from the internet instead of a B&M store is contributing to this. Just remember that.

Guilty as charged....
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited March 2007
    But grocery stores are doing the same thing and thats not the Internet.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    Different business, especially since unions are typically involved in Grocery stores.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin