Ebay Sniping?

2»

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    heiney9 wrote:
    That's all fine and dandy, but if someone wants to steal your identity they will do it whether you use a computer program or not. It's actually 1000 times easier to go thru your mail/garbage or pick up a receipt at a store, etc. to steal your identity than a simple sniping program. We are all vulnerable at all times and in every situation. But different strokes for different folks. :)

True, I guess I just view it as 1 more unneccessary risk to take. All my personal stuff goes through my shredder and I always take my receipts from the store.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited March 2007
    In the end, I still agree with Russ, if there is something i REALLY want, I sit there till the last seconds and bid on it myself. If I am at work I find a reason to sit by my computer. If I absolutely can't do it I have someone in my immediate family do it.

I absolutely trust no one else or any software to use my password/s to bid on something like that.

I am far too young to risk any kind of indentity theft/fraud. From what I hear it takes many years to get your credit and indentity back if it is ever the same again....

I've always done it myself too and enjoy the challenge but this week I have an appointment and want to bid on something at the same time so the sniping service to the rescue. It's not like I'm going to give them my real name, address, or phone # and I'll be paying them with a money order if I win the bid. 1% of $1000 is only $10. I thought it would be alot more than that but I guess they are a high volume, low overhead business just like ebay.