Researching Guns

13»

Comments

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2007
    dude, are you actually going to purchase one of these son of a ****? if so, forget about looks and go with something you're comfortable with. if you ever needed to use it for defense (not likely) then you won't be thinking about if the perpetraitor digs your piece. you will be just praying everything goes right and must trust your instincts while also using your better judgement. a natural feel of your firearm takes away a tid bit of distraction. i personally need to rid myself of my glock 36 .45 auto. it felt good in my hands at first in the gunshop, but after firing a few months, i just cannot get over how much i don't like the thing. not so much the guns fault, as it was meant to be undersized for concealed carry. but still, it does not fit the bizill. a shotty is no exception.

i'm in love with the LOOKS of the benelli's. damn am i in love. but i need to purchase more upon the advice i would give you over the looks and go with comfort and a natural feeling.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2007
    As long as the barrel fits in my mouth, I'm happy.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2007
    yes, if one must use it to meet his/her own demise, nearly any shotty will do. some over-unders may not fit in your mouth, though. it will be very hard to fail at this attempt, even if you pick one that originally did not feel 'natural' to you or one you choose based purely upon looks.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited April 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    As long as the barrel fits in my mouth, I'm happy.

Think happy thoughts my friend....happy thoughts

We would miss those crazy doro sales.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2007
    Msalla - I just do that for fun at parties. Unfortunately, I'm asked to leave most of the time.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2007
    Well, I went shooting again this last Friday. This time I got to shoot my friend's over & under 12 gauge. Finally, I've shot a O/U. It's a Franchi that he bought in 1958, so I'm not sure exactly how good of a feel it gave me of today's O/U's.

Anyhoo, it kicked a LOT more than any of the semi-autos I've shot have, which was to be expected. That's not a big deal, though I would have to change my shooting 'style' a bit if I were to go with a O/U. I began to get a blister on my right thumb from sliding on the stock when I pulled the trigger, I guess, and the stock slapped my cheek a few times, too. Guess I could work on my mount a bit.

Overall, though, I enjoyed it. The length of pull on his particular gun wasn't nearly long enough, but it worked out ok. I ended up shooting a 59.

I guess that's pretty good progress. I shot a 40 the first time out, then a 47, and now a 59. Regardless, each time has been a TON of fun.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    So, when are you going to buy one? :D
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    Sounds like it's time to make a purchase. (in my best CSI voice)
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    I looove shooting my dad's ithaca semi-auto, but like Davidk said, the pumps are perfect for home protection. That pump action would most definitely encourage a quick soiling of said intruder's pants, followed by a hasty retreat.

Home protection is also dependent on the type of shot you use. For home protection, stay well away from bird shot. 1 buck or 00buck would be your best "stop them in their tracks" loads (at least as far as I am aware anyway.)

Either beats a rifle or handgun, as you've got a wider shot and less chance of penetration through the house 2 doors down from you...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2007
    Ha, thanks, Demi. I'm working on it, I'm working on it.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520