i need to vent...cussing involved. rater R.

2»

Comments

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited March 2007
    ohskigod wrote:
    the one guy that was on the right side of the screan, that just disappeared, that was just flat out wrong and cowardice. the other guy, who made the phone call, was just paralyzed with fear. eventually, he garnered the ability to at least grab his phone and make a call.

fear makes you do funny things.

Bingo, you said it almost perfectly! Fear makes people do funny things, that is the damn truth!

A lot of people can talk BS of what they would of done, until the situation actually evolves and they freeze. I've seen this multiple times being in Iraq, and as a police officer(MA) in the military.

This is flat out wrong, this guy will hang for that for sure!

Mike
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    Bingo, you said it almost perfectly! Fear makes people do funny things, that is the damn truth!

A lot of people can talk BS of what they would of done, until the situation actually evolves and they freeze. I've seen this multiple times being in Iraq, and as a police officer(MA) in the military.

Mike

true, but there are some that walk the walk. obviously no one in that room.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited March 2007
    Would you have done anything different if it was a small man or even a large man just doing his job, or is all the anger over the fact that it was a women? My feelling a wrong is a wrong no matter who or what it is.

Unfortunatly individuals tend to not want to get in involved because of fear of law suits etc, or being hurt.

I have stepped into incidents like this on several occasions both as a police officer and as a private citizen, One time the individual actually pulled a gun on me but I was able to disarm him. I was very lucky.

It is a new age where people lose prospective and have no self control usually drunk, High or just angry..

It is a very sick world anymore.
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    Would you have done anything different if it was a small man or even a large man just doing his job, or is all the anger over the fact that it was a women? My feelling a wrong is a wrong no matter who or what it is.
    HONESTLY, if it were a man, i might pull dude off, but perhaps not get involved. but a woman? that's what causes me to snap!

EDIT: if it were a guy who couldn't defend himself and the person kept beating him, i'd step in for sure. just like when i watched that pizza pub beat down that made it on the news. everyone stood there and didn't even help the guy.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2007
    danger boy wrote:
    I hope he does jail time.. he'll lose his job for sure. but a couple years in jail would do him some good. Since he's a cop, i think he'll never see any jail time.. and just get a slap on the wrist for it.

This story has been pretty big here. The Police Department is already taking steps to fire him and they are charging him with Felony assault. He'll be doing some jail time, which he rightly deserves.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    GOOD! keep us posted. thanks.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2007
    Here's one update:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/310098,CST-NWS-beat23.article

Did 2nd cop try to silence bartender?
    Source: Grand jury considering obstruction charge against officer who allegedly helped Abbate threaten, try to bribe woman

March 23, 2007
    BY FRANK MAIN AND ERIC HERMAN Staff Reporters

A grand jury is investigating whether a Chicago Police officer was involved in trying to cover up off-duty officer Anthony G. Abbate's alleged beating of a female bartender, sources said Thursday.

Abbate was arrested Tuesday on an aggravated battery charge in the videotaped beating of Karolina Obrycka at Jesse's Shortstop Inn at 5425 W. Belmont while Abbate was off duty Feb. 19.

Meanwhile, more details emerged about the sequence of events leading to the felony charge against Abbate.

Hank Williams Jr.'s country classic "All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down)" was on the jukebox as the bearded 250-pound cop went behind the bar with a stool before he punched and kicked the 115-pound Obrycka.

'He threw me on the floor'
    A surveillance tape in the bar captured Abbate going on a rampage after Obrycka refused to serve him another drink because she thought he was intoxicated.

Other patrons in the bar watched passively and one of them seemed to make a call on his cell phone. Abbate left the bar immediately after the beating, officials say.

Police spokeswoman Monique Bond said a 911 call was placed at 9:26 p.m. that night and police were dispatched at 9:33 p.m.

The videotape shows four officers enter the bar and speak to Obrycka. One of the officers sits at the bar and munches on bar snacks as another officer interviews her.

"I started to push him away because he's not allowed behind the bar," she says on the video. "And he started to beat me. He threw me on the floor and beat me."

Obrycka indicated that she would provide police with the video. One officer took a report, while others gathered information from bar patrons. An ambulance arrived, but Obrycka refused treatment, police said.

'No one was blindsided'
    Police reviewed the videotape Feb. 22, and the state's attorney's office saw the tape Feb. 23, Bond said.

Asked why police did not make an arrest then, Bond said Abbate checked himself in to a substance-abuse center and that department regulations prevent officers from learning the identity of anyone checked in to such a center.

On March 14, police charged Abbate with misdemeanor battery, apparently after he left the center.

Some sources have criticized police, claiming they did not inform prosecutors about the misdemeanor charge until after the fact. But Bond defended the department, saying "they were consulted every step of the way. No one was blindsided."

On Tuesday, WFLD-Channel 32 became the first TV news station to air the videotape of the beating. The same day, the Cook County state's attorney's office upgraded the charge against Abbate to a felony, and he was arrested at his Northwest Side home. He was freed Wednesday after posting 10 percent of $70,000 bail.

fmain@suntimes.com

eherman@suntimes.com
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    thanks wodom.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2007
    BIZILL wrote:
    unless it was posted in the bar "no guns or weapons permitted on the premisis." i would not have used a gun in this instance.

Your assuming you use the gun to shoot them. Usually the sight of a gun makes them think twice about continuing their course of action. In this case, as in twice in the past, I would of used the nice heavy H&K USP (no lightweight miniature guns for me!) to whap the sh$t out of him from behind! I'm with you on the no-hero stuff, but someone knocking the crap out of an innocent person just isn't right. In this case a double-shock with a taser would of been the appropriate response!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited March 2007
    around here that guy might have got one shot in, but would have had half the bar on his **** before he threw a second one...

I take pleasure in stomping mud ducks like that...

cop or not...means absolutly nothing to me

That guy that just sat and watched should have a mud hole stomped in his **** for not having the walnuts to at least try to do something
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2007
    Alcohol is evil, pure and simple.
    People are evil, pure and simple, not the alcohol.

Glad to see this guy getting what's due to him.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,973
    edited March 2007
    Bizill, yeah I saw that too. On one of the news programs over here, they showed an interview with the girl afterwards. She's a damn fox! Regardless of whether or not she was a fox or not, she's still a woman. Why the *^%$ didn't the guys watching do something about it? Freakin' wussies. I'm not a big guy, maybe 205 wet, but I would not spend more than a fraction of a second thinking about stepping in and beating the living **** out of the ****. My god, all she did was told him that he wouldn't be served. That's the bar's right. If she had served him, and then he got in the car and killed someone, then the bar and her would be in a heap of trouble with lawsuits too, right?
    Regardless of whether or not he was a cop, had a gun....DOESN'T MATTER! I've done it before and hopefully I won't have to do it again....you disarm the drunk and then throw the gun to a bystander who can either threaten the ****, or at the very least get the gun out of the area. In my eyes, the only thing in the world that justifies EVER hitting a woman is if she intentionally hits you HARD and deliberate in the jewels for NO reason. [that happened to me once when I was in elementary school by some 175lb dike that at that time was in high school. She did it just for fun. It took me two weeks to find her, and that was the ONLY time I have ever touched a girl. I was ten years old, and I still feel bad, even though in my mind it was justified]
    How in the hell was this girl supposed to defend herself? Why did the folks watching.......how in the hell could they just stand there and watch? It was a bar right? Even if the guys watching were scared to do anything, they could have just grabbed a full bottle of whisky and just hurled one right after the other right at the guy's head. I mean they were just 5 feet away from what was going on. ANY heavy object would have worked with that ****.
    I personally hope this guy spends 20 years in the Federal Pound me in the **** Prison. What a douchbag! I bet he is the pride of his hometown, and I'm damn glad he's not from mine, cause if he was, I'd be going to prison for assaulting a police officer really, really, REALLY bad.
    OK, I'm done venting now
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,973
    edited March 2007
    treitz3 wrote:
    My god, all she did was told him that he wouldn't be served. That's the bar's right. If she had served him, and then he got in the car and killed someone, then the bar and her would be in a heap of trouble with lawsuits too, right?
    Let me clarify. He was already drunk when she refused service.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited March 2007
    In Missouri it is a Felony to be in possession of a firearm and/or ammunition and alcohol. including being intoxicated.
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited March 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:

Mike
    True enough. I have personally witnessed it happen where people literally freeze into position. i remember once when I was a little boy around 10-11 maybe. I lived a block or so from some railroad tracks and I was going home and I seen this little girl on the tracks and a train coming, and she was scared stiff and wasnt moving even though she had plenty of time to get out of the way, she couldndt move. I ran towards the tracks as fast as I could but I knew there was no way I could make it in time. And sure enough I was probally 75 feet away when the train took her away.

I had nightmares over that for years. And had lots of thought like if I had of only walked home a little faster that day I would have been there sooner and been able to save her you know. Perhaps that why I felt oddly guilty a couple of weeks ago when the gal was murdered at work and I wasnt there to help her. I know I cant help everyone but there is one thing that im sure of when the time comes to, I will. No thinking required its a matter of right and wrong is all. How could you live with yourself otherewise? REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • mrmusicman
    mrmusicman Posts: 303
    edited March 2007
    would you want to tangle with a cop? and face those charges in court? Ummmm not me. not worth it.

that's why bars have bouncers... it's their job to take care of A-holes

This is one of the biggest problems with society,no one wants to get involved,they let somebody else take care of it,not their problem :rolleyes: I can't believe you even posted this after watching the video.Even if the bartender was a guy someone should have helped out.
    Outlaw 990 Processor
    Outlaw 755 Amp
    Denon 2900 dvd-sacd
    Dishnetwork HD-Dvr
    55" Sony LCD RPTV
    Lsi 9-fronts
    Lsic-center
    Rt55i- surrounds
    Velodyne cht-10 sub

2007 Dodge Quad cab
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891
    JL Audio 300/V2