i need to vent...cussing involved. rater R.

BIZILL
BIZILL Posts: 5,432
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
just caught this on fox news today.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260288,00.html

click on the video and it shows the off-duty cop pummelling a tiny female bartender allegedly because he did not get served. i really don't care about the details, but watching this video made me SCREAM at my **** television. why do none of the other 'MEN' in the room stop this fat ****? if i were there, i swear to god, i would have crippled this ****. i'm not just talk either. how did this **** ever get to be a cop?

sorry for the language. just caught this on fox news and i got extremely riled up.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
ONKYO TX-SR805
CENTER: CSI5
MAINS: RTI8'S
SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
bobman1235 wrote:
I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
Post edited by BIZILL on

Comments

• BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    13 minutes later and i'm still mad. i don't watch the news too much anymore because all i do is get angry. this video got me so mad that i couldn't even spell the thread title correctly. something about a man beating on a woman that just causes an explosion in my head. especially something like this one. dude keeps hitting her on the ground. punching her. weak-**** punches, but to a tiny lady, not so weak.

this got me more angry than that video where the female officer pulls big dude over in a vehicle and then he just beats her down and breaks her. why am i never there in these situations to stop this nonsense?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2007
    would you want to tangle with a cop? and face those charges in court? Ummmm not me. not worth it.

that's why bars have bouncers... it's their job to take care of A-holes
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    i don't think anyone knew he was a cop. he was in civilian clothing. even still, seeing ANY man striking a woman that way...non-stop i would stop without worrying about the consequences. it's not like it was a quick ****-slap. it was an ongoing punching bout.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2007
    some people just can't handle their liquor i guess.

yeah, it's tough to watch no doubt.. and someone should have done something sooner. But you never know how a 250 lbs drunk man is going to react. he could have killed her or anyone else that tried to stop him.

I hope he does jail time.. he'll lose his job for sure. but a couple years in jail would do him some good. Since he's a cop, i think he'll never see any jail time.. and just get a slap on the wrist for it.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited March 2007
    Yes its a shame that sort of thing happens. Whats is really sad is that it was someone that was supposed to uphold the law not break it. But they are people too and are capable of the same things other people are, perhaps even more prone to violent behavior considering the the people and situations they deal with on a daily basis.

As far as stopping it goes yes i would have also. There is no way I could idly stand by while some woman is getting the crap beat out of her.

There was a murder where I work at a few weeks ago. A gal got her throat cut and stabbed several times. It was odd in a way, I guess because I felt really bad because I wasnt there to save her life.

Even though it wasnt on my shift, I still felt guilty in a strange sort of way because I know for a fact that had I been there the outcome would have been different.

One gal that I talked to after this had happened when I told her how I felt. said well if you had been there you could have got hurt too, So what? That would have never entered my mind for a second, even if I had of gotten stabbed she would still be alive today.

It wouldndt be the first time. Ive been stabbed, beat on, ran over twice, shot at, bitten by dogs and otherwise generally abused. Big deal. Even if you are afraid you have to put your fear aside and deal with the situation at hand and do the right thing. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2007
    Having met Bill once,I'm sure that you would have made short order of that guy,,it's a shame that nobody came to her rescue. I'm just glad that no one was seriously injured or killed.There is something about hitting a woman that goes against everything that I was taught,, she is someones daughter,and having 3 daughters,I know what I would do if anyone ever hit them,,being in the south,,alot worse happens for alot less,,enough of my rant.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited March 2007
    I thought about that Bill, I really did. I asked myself if I would have done something. Answer is yeah, I would have. If I knew he was a cop, I still would have, but with acknowledgement of the shitstorm I would get into, but I still couldnt watch someone like that getting pummelled. her life was genuinly in danger, and the cool thing would have been, even without a camera, she would have the bruising and injuries that would have backed up my actions.

of course, you would have to worry if he is carrying or not, hence, the chair or blunt object to the back of his head would have most likly been my approach. He owuld have never seen me coming, especially since he was so focussed on beating that poor woman, he wasnt even looking at his surroundings, easy to tell from the video.

If I didnt know he was a cop? Probably would have the same game plan :D While I would not have it in me to watch this poor girl get pumelled, I understand that others are so paralyzed with fear, they just cant act. you can see one guy on the phone at least caling what I assume was the authorites, I'll give that guy points.

Bill, watching a 250 lb man pummel anyone would probably not paralyze you with a natural sence of fear, but for most people it does. cant get mad at it, its just human nature
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    Don't worry, he won't be a police officer for much longer.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2007
    That looks a lot like what I did to Mark at CES.

Or what I was TOLD I did, rather......

Alcohol is evil, pure and simple.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2007
    true dat!!!! :D

threw his career right down the crapper. its not like he can use the "I was threatened" line. what was that chick, like a buck twenty top? what an idiot
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    That looks a lot like what I did to Mark at CES.

Or what I was TOLD I did, rather......

Alcohol is evil, pure and simple.

Cheers,
    Russ

You slapped me, I punched you.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    Wow, just saw the video. That guys going to have a rough go in prison. You go at a female half your size for 30 seconds and she can stand up and scream at you afterwords? He was every kind of a cowardly panzy.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    Having met Bill once

which bill? not me. i'm not the biggest guy in the world. but no kidding, i see a man hitting a woman like that and my brain just snaps. but in my behalf, i'd say i'm very strong for my size. either way, a barstool or bottle to this guy's head would have stopped him, per lou's suggestion. and judging by his soft (to a man) punches, i'd take him down no problem. still, there were more than a few men in that video who could have jumped his ****.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    snow, you and i think alike. kudos. mark and russ, i'm sure if you witnessed this whilst @ CES, i'm sure you would have stepped in.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited March 2007
    When cops go bad the general population will deal with them.
    He just needs to be entered into the system and be put into the general pop.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2007
    What a bunch of effin pu$$ies!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: How can anyone just stand there!?!?!?! Cowards on national television. I hope every one they know recognizes them. As for the cop...he's through.:mad:
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    some mentioned legal ramifications of stepping in to stop dude, eff it. in my book, he is no cop. now, without the video, it's just another case of cop's words vs. average joe's and jane's. i've learned first hand that a cop's testimony will win over that of two citizens. i've been found guilty of a stupid traffic violation that did not take place the way the officer comprehended. i had a witness go with me to court and testify. i still lost.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    Skynut wrote:
    When cops go bad the general population will deal with them.
    He just needs to be entered into the system and be put into the general pop.
    yeah, somewhere i heard a rumor inmates don't take too kindly to ex-officer inmates.:D

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • wingnut4772
    edited March 2007
    BIZILL wrote:
    yeah, somewhere i heard a rumor inmates don't take too kindly to ex-officer inmates.:D
    They keep them separated.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• wingnut4772
    edited March 2007
    Cop or not..that was a common sense right or wrong situation. Just a bunch of scared, sorry excuses for men.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2007
    Federal pound me in the **** prison. Have fun buddy. Just disgusting on many levels.
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    BTW wing, no offense. i should have stated, especially "BAD" ex-officers are loved in prison.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2007
    Nice language...LOL....George Carlin would be proud. Just try and include ALL the words you can't say TV...Radio...Church...LOL.

I have to agree...I've gotten between a guy beating the **** out of his girl before. One time it wasn't pretty at all...but he stopped beating her **** and focused on me. I don't know who got the best of who? It was broken up before REAL damage was done. Go figure....everybody stopped us...but nobody stopped that **** from slapping his girl around. He learned...as I told him beforehand...."an **** whippin' goes 2 ways...you can give one...or you can take one""
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    Nice language...LOL....George Carlin would be proud. Just try and include ALL the words you can't say TV...Radio...Church...LOL.

I have to agree...I've gotten between a guy beating the **** out of his girl before. One time it wasn't pretty at all...but he stopped beating her **** and focused on me. I don't know who got the best of who? It was broken up before REAL damage was done. Go figure....everybody stopped us...but nobody stopped that **** from slapping his girl around. He learned...as I told him beforehand...."an **** whippin' goes 2 ways...you can give one...or you can take one""

good deal. point is, it stopped a man from hitting a woman. i would have donated my body to this bartender woman. in the heat of the moment, you don't have much time to think. i don't, anyway. even if i landed myself in the hospital, i would have stopped this 'thug'.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2007
    I can see wanting to take the beating to stop the woman from taking it. Me, my position re: blunt object from behind isnt for avoiding the beating, its for avoiding the knife/gun he might have (even if he aint a cop) I'm paranoid of that, ESPECIALLY if I am in a bar.

Hey, why risk the body if you dont have to? I'm a problem solver

Problem = woman getting beaten, thats gotta stop fast
    Solution = Bonk guy in head while he aint lookin

problem solved.

On the way to help her, there was tons of stuff to use, beer bottles, or even better, large liquor bottles (I'm a fan of the squared off bottle, vis a vis Jack Daniels, a bonk on the corner of that bottle, fight's over ;) ) Hell, a rear choke will do in a pinch. He's ocupied with beating a defenseless woman, why not exploit it?

eh, if face to face was the ONLY option, I would have done it too, just saying I dont risk myself if I dont have too.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited March 2007
    oddly enough, never saw the end of that video, she just got right up, does the guy hit like a schoolgirl? or is that bartender the toughest chick you ever laid eyes on?...LOL

those blows didnt look devestating, but they still looked pretty hard, she got thrown pretty good too.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2007
    Having moved from IA to IL a few years ago, all I can say is that the people in IL are sheep! Abuse of police, law enforcement power runs rampant, and most people just accept it. For this one case that thankfully became public, there are probably several more that were covered up. As for the other people in the bar not stepping up, it seems to be the norm in the Chicago area. It's kind of like in the UK, were you punish the victims for defending themselves, and let the criminals get off easy.

Now in IA, this would of never continued, as the attitude towards the laws would of protected those that intervined, as long as their actions were reasonable. As an IA CCW holder, introducing this scumbag to Mr Heckler & Mr Koch would of given me great pleasure and been justifiable.

As for the Chicago off-duty PO having a gun, I've seen them shoot! At the range they are always asking me for shooting advice. If a Chicago police officer is shooting at you, standing still is your best defense. There's a 70% chance they won't hit you! Two weeks ago the officer beside me at the range put 1 round out of 22 on the target at 25 yds. His budget allowed for him to expend 25 rounds of practice ammo per month.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    ohskigod wrote:
    I can see wanting to take the beating to stop the woman from taking it. Me, my position re: blunt object from behind isnt for avoiding the beating, its for avoiding the knife/gun he might have (even if he aint a cop) I'm paranoid of that, ESPECIALLY if I am in a bar.

Hey, why risk the body if you dont have to? I'm a problem solver

Problem = woman getting beaten, thats gotta stop fast
    Solution = Bonk guy in head while he aint lookin

problem solved.

On the way to help her, there was tons of stuff to use, berr bottles, or even better, large liquor bottles (I'm a fan of the squared off bottle, vis a vis Jack Daniels, a bonk on the corner of that bottle, fight's over ;) )

eh, if face to face was the ONLY option, I would have done it too, just saying I dont risk myself if I dont have too.

i wouldn't 'plan' to get hurt. agreed. use something else. i'll bet that squared off bottle could easily split a head without the bottle breaking itself.

had this been domestic violence between a couple, i'd still step in, but rather reluctantly. this was a simple case of an innocent stranger getting handed a beat-down. rules change. there are none. and correct, he might have been packing. almost a guarantee. i wouldn't have had time to think it through. i wouldn't have sat back and pulled out my cell phone to make a call. i would have just flew over the bar and got 'er done.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • BIZILL
    edited March 2007
    dkg999 wrote:
    As an IA CCW holder, introducing this scumbag to Mr Heckler & Mr Koch would of given me great pleasure and been justifiable.
    unless it was posted in the bar "no guns or weapons permitted on the premisis." i would not have used a gun in this instance.

the point of this thread is not to try to convince you all i'm a super-hero. just that when i see this type of thing on film or in person, i just snap. maybe dude would have killed me. who knows in a bar fight. point is, i would never just sit back and do nothing.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2007
    the one guy that was on the right side of the screan, that just disappeared, that was just flat out wrong and cowardice. the other guy, who made the phone call, was just paralyzed with fear. eventually, he garnered the ability to at least grab his phone and make a call.

fear makes you do funny things.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -