dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Life sucks, that's all.
Post edited by dudeinaroom on

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited March 2007
    Remember all the days that really suck and seam like it could not get better but then it did. Just a way to keep us humble. HA HA and I am real humble.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2007
    Life is what you make it.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2007
    when life gives me a lemon,, I try to make lemonade :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Excellent George. Pure positive attitude. And God knows we get enough of them served up in our lifetime so you better make the best of it. Life does NOT suck.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2007
    Life sucks, that's all.

I guess you are going through some tough times to make you say that....even though at this time you might not think there's anything positive, look around. You'll find something that reminds you that there's alway light at the end of the tunnel. Things will get better.

Good luck.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2007
    Life CAN suck..but it gets better...I hope.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited March 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote:

YOU don't suck. As PeterNG pointed out to us all, some time ago - Life is Suck.

You are a handsome man, and a good person. I want to have a picnic with you, and drink fine wines out of cardboard boxes, and eat rare, esoteric fruits and cheeses. I want to frolic in a park with you. You are SO hip and cool, in a retro sort of way.

Cheers,
    Russ

the search feature is a treasure:D
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2007
    When I get really down I take a drive through some bad parts of chester or Philly. That reminds me it could get worse. Then I force myself to ACT happy. Real happy usually follows. You owe it to yourself and those around you to be happy. Sometimes it hard to do.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited March 2007
    Life sucks, that's all.

I'd feel the same way IF I lived in Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Pakistan, etc., etc., etc.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited March 2007
    I'm feeling a little bummed out myself. My daughter came home from college (The University of the South -- aka Sewanee University) for Spring Break. She is a senior this year. She has applied to about 10 or so law schools and has been accepted at about 7 of them so far. Anyway, her and my wife left yesterday morning for Indiana and Ohio to visit Indiana University and University of Ohio / Cincinnati. They will be back sometime Wednesday.

So, I decide to take some vacation. I was off Friday and am taking Mon, Tue, and Wed. off. I thought great. I'll have the house to myself. I can mess around with my HT setup to my heart's content. Plus, my daughter's car needs some work done, so I'm gonna work on that starting Monday. I don't know about the rest of you'all, but I can get so much more done around the house when no one else is home.

Well guess what. I woke up yesterday morning with the worst head cold. I felt terrible all day yesterday. Had very little energy. I feel a liitle better this morning. Oh, well, it will get better.

Robert
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2007
    "When life gives you lemons, find someone who's live gave them vodka and have a party"
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2007
    Life sucks, that's all.

It's better than the alternative.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2007
    For me...LIFE IS GREAT! Sorry yours isn't.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited March 2007
    Life, as with all things, goes in cycles....

When it`s all good, you ride the downhill screaming and smiling
    when it`s not you put, your head down an walk back up that hill....

Go look at your system..
    Put in some good music..
    and remember back when life really sucked before you got hwere you are now..

It could be worse..

always

make it better.....
    do what puts a smile on your face...right now
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    I'm looking forward to the day I wake up dead.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    :D LOL. Mark you are a sick puppy!:D

It can always be worse, and as Troy says it's better than the alternative. Cause once that happens you ain't coming back to **** about it ever again!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited March 2007
    When life gives me a lemon, I usually squeeze a little into my melted butter. It just makes my lobster so much tastier.;)
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited March 2007
    Every time I squeeze a lemon, I always get some in my eye. I guess it's not that bad. I've just been job searching for about 3 Months, and there is nothing. I haven't been working since the end of Jan. and $530 a month for unemployment isn't going to go to far, just getting stressed, and don't know where to turn. The wife and I have been getting mad at each other to easily(which is very weird, we get along awesome). Anybody know of an electrician in need of an apprentice in MI.

Thanks for the words all, you guys rock,
    Ted
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2007
    No matter how the job searching goes, hold onto that relationship you have with your wife.

A great marriage is a sacred thing; don't let any storm tear it apart, no matter how strong the winds are.

I'll be praying for y'all...and that you find a job soon.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,830
    edited March 2007
    Every time I squeeze a lemon, I always get some in my eye. I guess it's not that bad. I've just been job searching for about 3 Months, and there is nothing. I haven't been working since the end of Jan. and $530 a month for unemployment isn't going to go to far, just getting stressed, and don't know where to turn. The wife and I have been getting mad at each other to easily(which is very weird, we get along awesome). Anybody know of an electrician in need of an apprentice in MI.

Ted

I could probably help you out, Ted, but you'd have to move to Lawn Guyland.

AFAIK, jr. mechanics here get upwards of $13/hr to start. Peanuts compared to a Union job, but it's a start. We also have the LIRR, which also offers
    excellent pay and benefits. Not really a consideration if you have to commute from Michigan, though ;) . Good luck to you anyway.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited March 2007

Ted

I feel your pain. I was laid off in September 2001, due to the 9/11 attacks, from a job I had moved 850 miles to take. I was there 2 months. I went through all my unemployment, my parents helped me, and I was ready to give up. In 13 months I had 72 job interviews and several "you're the guy we want" offers, but as the old saying goes "always a bridesmaid, but never a bride. After a few months I had to move the 850 miles back to my parents home and found the situation that you're finding now...no jobs anywhere near Arkansas. Finally, a job popped out of nowhere. I was really weary, but I quickly got back into the groove. Now, 4 and half years later I've moved on to another job with much more responsibility and made more last year than ever. I have a loving wife, who was my girlfriend through all the thin and the reason I managed to hold on for all that time.

FYI, you should know the construction industry is cyclical. My dad has owned a construction company for 40 years and he's had a few lean years, but he's always found a way to make. I think you'll find the same with electrical work. Have you tried putting ads in the local paper in the Services section? That's what he's done a few times to bring in work. You might try a maintenance job with a larger company like a hospital. Our maintenance workers who have electrical experience are valued very highly.

The bottom line is that it will get better. We're all here to throw positive things out to you and help if we can.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited March 2007
    Life sucks, that's all.

It could always be worse! Someone said it earlier, you would take back what you said if you lived over in the middle east. The things people take for granted...

Take care,

Mike
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited March 2007
    It gets better.

No job ? Could be worse. You could have two jobs. :rolleyes:

In which case, it could be worse. You could have no job.

In which case, it could be worse. You could have two jobs.

See how it works ? :)

Good.

It ALWAYS gets better.

When life hands me lemons, this is what I do:

cat bomb.gif

:eek:
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Life is nothing short of awesome!!!
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2007
    Dude,

First off, I get sick and tired of all these people that come in here, post how life is so awesome, and you have nothing to complain about in regards to other's in the world... while that may be true in the "Big Scheme" of things, the fact of the matter is, it sucks for you right now. Until about 2 years ago, I would probably have chimed in with similar responses of "Cheer up" "It isn't all bad" and "You gotta make lemonade..."

The fact of the matter is, life does suck at times. I was reading an article in a magazine today regarding depression and men... and how it really is a big issue/real problem these days. I lost my job from the Government almost 2 years ago, one that I loved and it was snatched from my hands. I spent 6 months interviewing just like you, and nothing. Hundred's of apps, ton's of interviews and nothing that was right for me. It became very depressing. I never even really put my finger on it until today, when I was reading that article... it was pure and simple depressing.

I feel you, and I've been there. It does suck. It sucks huge hairy balls, and there is nothing like it in the world, feeling like you aren't adequate to even get a decent paying job to pay your bills. No man wants to feel that way. It goes against everything in our blood.

I still am not happy in my work, but I took a job to pay the bills. It's a process, a journey really. There's a great book title, "The Pathfinder." I'm working my way thru it right now. I highly recommend it, well worth the $20 I dropped on it. Give it a shot. Maybe it'll help out too.

And in the meantime, don't block those out of your life that count. Use them to bounce idea's off of, to get feedback from. They can be valuable assets that can help you thru the depressing times. I know I blocked most of them out, internalized my depression and it ate me alive. I'm slowly trying to release it thru talking with friends and my wife. The stress of not being where you want in life, and unemployment will eat away at a healthy relationship. Only with constant communication will you survive.

Keep your chin up, and know that we are here for you buddy!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Life is awesome!!! I can sit here and tell you about how I lost everything in my life three times, EVERYTHING!!! through no fault of my own. I can tell you how the policies of the Social Security Administration caused me to have to go through every pension, 401K, savings, stocks hundreds of thousands of dollars I saved for my retirement and my family when I am gone, etc to survive until they could make a decision that I was truely disabled. I could whine about how my disablility keeps me from feeling like a man sometimes because I can't work or because I have to live off a small stipend even though I was making well into six figures most of my life, and that is just the tip of the iceburg!!!!

Life is awesome. . . I love and cherish every moment of it even when it isn't going the way I want it too, so you can either look at your glass half-full like I do or you can **** and complain and be a victim. I prefer to believe deep in my heart that there really is a reason for everything, even the devastating things. I've been through the devastating things and came out the other side and found out that LIFE IS AWESOME!!!

Life is awesome but there are many bumps in the road. Your happiness is your responsibility not based on something or someone else.

PS: Life is awesome! it beats the alternative.
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited March 2007
    Life is an epic journey. Each chapter brings something new and often unexpected. Some find that exciting and invigorating. To others it may be scary. I belong to school of it beats the alternative. A positive attitude will go a long way - just ask a cancer patient.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.