As of today...

MikeC78
MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Officially credit card debt free!:D

Just thought I'd celebrate a little, I've haven't been in this position since I was 18! The most ironic part is that I'm currently jobless at the moment!:eek:

Mike:)
Post edited by MikeC78 on

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Congrats Mike!!! Hopefully you will be able to stay that way!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    www.audioadvisor.com

www.musicdirect.com

Those should get you started.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MikeC78
    edited March 2007
    cfrizz wrote:
    Cograts Mike!!! Hopefully you will be able to stay that way!

That will be about the only problem!:o I already shredded 4 CC's.

Thanks Cathy,

Mike
  • MikeC78
    edited March 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    www.audioadvisor.com

www.musicdirect.com

Those should get you started.

:mad: Damn you all to hell!!:p :D
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2007
    Congratualtions bud, I'm about 17 months away from the same status. My last CC will paid off. It'll be like getting a major promotion! Oh, and did I mention I'm getting a major promotion next month? Yeah baby. Long time waiting for this one.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2007
    Congratulations. Quite the accomplishment, so what'ca gonna get to celebrate? (new SVS out in May...)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • MikeC78
    edited March 2007
    McLoki wrote:
    Congratulations. Quite the accomplishment, so what'ca gonna get to celebrate? (new SVS out in May...)

Michael

:o You again...

;)
  • cfrizz
    edited March 2007
    Just keep one for emergencies & until you get used to & liking being debt free DON'T CARRY IT IN YOUR WALLET! Once you get used to not having this humungous bill following you around month after month after year after year, you will have realized you are truly free from living in debt. Then you can put the cc back in your wallet.:)
    MikeC78 wrote:
    That will be about the only problem!:o I already shredded 4 CC's.

Thanks Cathy,

Mike
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2007
    Don't worry; soon you'll be able to load them again:

-Repair holes in living room's drywall: $1,600
    -Paint kitchen and bedrooms: $800
    -Unclog bathrooms drains: $225
    -Re-wire outlets: $80
    -Repair deck: $250
    -Clean carpets: $300

-Hosting Chicagofest 07: PRICELESS!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • MikeC78
    edited March 2007
    ^cancelled!!:mad:

Mike:p
  • MikeC78
    edited March 2007
    cfrizz wrote:
    Just keep one for emergencies & until you get used to & liking being debt free DON'T CARRY IT IN YOUR WALLET! Once you get used to not having this humungous bill following you around month after month after year after year, you will have realized you are truly free from living in debt. Then you can put the cc back in your wallet.:)

Good advise! The problem is getting me away from the internet.:o
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    Officially credit card debt free!:D

Just thought I'd celebrate a little, I've haven't been in this position since I was 18! The most ironic part is that I'm currently jobless at the moment!:eek:

Mike:)

Feels good doesn't it:) Paid off our card last month, will never let it get out of hand again!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2007
    Sartori wrote:
    will never let it get out of hand again!!
    Stated about as often as "This is my last pair of speakers"
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • cfrizz
    edited March 2007
    It can be done. I have NEVER had uncontrolled cc debt. I have always paid the balance off in full every month. If I can't afford it, I don't get it. Or I pay for it in full, with say money from my tax return. It's simply a matter of self control.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2007
    Well done old boy! The wife and I have one more CC to go, then we're off the hook too; just 15 more years on the mortgage.

Oops, college approaches for two... first one next fall.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited March 2007
    It's a great feeling to be free of credit card debt.

Only 4 more months, and the Mt. Everest of CC debt that someone thoughfully left behind will be gone.

Life is good ! :)
    Sal Palooza
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited March 2007
    I'm going to find a dark corner now and cry myself to sleep...
    Damn you to hell, Mastercard...damn you to hell.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited March 2007
    That is really great news Mike :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2007
    You almost have to maintain at least 1 cc anymore if you want to rent a car, reserve a hotel, etc. Just as Cathy said, pay off the balance every month, and save it for emergencies.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2