Audio/Culinary Fun.

2»

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    Oh well, I got the red bell peppers, minced garlic, crushed red pepper. I missed the organ though, I knew it was some sort of organ and not the standard everyday beef lol.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited March 2007
    I missed the organ though.....

Me too. It has been days since we had kidneys on the stove. I plain forgot what they looked like. :rolleyes: :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Me too. It has been days since we had kidneys on the stove. I plain forgot what they looked like. :rolleyes: :D

You forgot the [sarcasm][/sarcasm].......

Seriously tho, i watch my dad eat liver all the time with his friends..tripe is the other strange thing he eats...I wouldn't have even thought of kidney as something that people eat....and never heard it talked about.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    They are delicious, ya just gotta know how to cook them and oh yeah you better get them fresh or else the whole house smells like wee wee!:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007

Seriously tho, i watch my dad eat liver all the time with his friends.....I wouldn't have even thought of kidney as something that people eat....and never heard it talked about.
    The Brits practically live on the stuff. There are a lot of dishes that use innerds that are very very tasty. I've written quite a few recipies in my day and there are a few with innerds. Tripe for instance.

BTW I eat liver raw to rare i.e. burnt on the outside raw in the middle.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    The Brits practically live on the stuff. There are a lot of dishes that use innerds that are very very tasty. I written quite a few recipies in my day and there are a few with innerds. Tripe for instance.

BTW I eat liver raw to rare.

rofl i edited my post just as you were writing that....look what i added in
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    rofl i edited my post just as you were writing that....look what i added in

Gotcha, tripe is good stuff when cooked properly. I know two good ways to make it, one is pepper pot soup two is slowly simmer it in crushed tomatoes and other ingrediants. It goes great over pasta or on New Years Day we have tripe sandwiches on real hard crusty Italian rolls. I make it three maybe four times a year.
  • SCompRacer
    edited March 2007

I figured this :rolleyes: would do. I don't type so fast.

Well Joe, there were times in my younger days I had participated in hunting rituals with hearts out of fresh kills so cooked kidneys shouldn't bother me. Ever have blood sausage? Pops used to make that on the weeks we didn't have liver and onions.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    Gotcha, tripe is good stuff when cooked properly. I know two good ways to make it, one is pepper pot soup two is slowly simmer it in crushed tomatoes and other ingrediants. It goes great over pasta or on New Years Day we have tripe sandwiches on real hard crusty Italian rolls. I make it three maybe four times a year.

My dad eats it in crushed tomatoes and other stuff.....interesting looking to say the least.....
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    SCompRacer wrote:
    I figured this :rolleyes: would do. I don't type so fast.

Well Joe, there were times in my younger days I had participated in hunting rituals with hearts out of fresh kills so cooked kidneys shouldn't bother me. Ever have blood sausage? Pops used to make that on the weeks we didn't have liver and onions.

Yep I love it. I gotta tell ya Rich there isn't much out there that I haven't eaten, I'm willing to bet that there is three things that people could come up with that I haven't eaten. My mother used to love to cook for me and my dad cause all you heard at dinner time from us was mmmmmmmm, lips smacking, mmmmmmm. . . from my brothers and sister your would hear eewww what's this eeeewwwww what's that? Pig feets in tomatoe sauce is my absolute fav.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    My dad eats it in crushed tomatoes and other stuff.....interesting looking to say the least.....

If it's cooked correctly it gets so tender that you can spread it on bread like butter. uuuummmmmmmm I think I'm going to raid the fridge.
  • SCompRacer
    edited March 2007
    Pig feets in tomatoe sauce is my absolute fav .

Pig hocks and sauerkraut with boiled taters was another one of dads favs. My mom used to cream everything too. Cream corn, cream peas...my wife said I was gonna die sooner than later if I kept eating like that...LOL
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Pig hocks and sauerkraut with boiled taters was another one of dads favs. My mom used to cream everything too. Cream corn, cream peas...my wife said I was gonna die sooner than later if I kept eating like that...LOL
    Yummm but the hocks had to be smoked.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    Blood sausage, white pudding/sausage, beef tongue sandwiches and liverwurst are about the only ones I enjoy. Too bad the younger generations are satisfied with McNuggets.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Polk65 wrote:
    Blood sausage, white pudding/sausage, beef tongue sandwiches and liverwurst are about the only ones I enjoy. Too bad the younger generations are satisfied with McNuggets.

Yeah and believe it or not McNuggets are worse for you than eating all that stuff on occasion.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2007
    I was thinking is was some Delaware Carp:eek:
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    I was thinking is was some Delaware Carp:eek:

Delaware Carp? You may as well just eat a mouth full of mud & bones.:eek: :p
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2007
    Well summer is on us and with all this talk of music and food I may feel a club polk Philly area cookout brewing (after all my overtime is done/ haven't had a day off since november)
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    That description just make me ill. Remind me to not accept an invitation to eat at your house.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    That description just make me ill. Remind me to not accept an invitation to eat at your house.

LOL Mike's house or mine??? :eek: :D
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2007
    Joe,

Big guy, I am not really feeling it on this kidney/liver one, Anthony and I will handle the cooking at the Fest. Northern sausage, Southern Country Boil and all the fixin's. Mama's tater salad, men have disappeared over it.

mmm....mmmmmmm..........good, as they say in South, Damm, taste so good it'll make your tongue slap your brains out. We are coming up on 6 months to go.

As far as JATP get cookin.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Joe,

Big guy, I am not really feeling it on this kidney/liver one, Anthony and I will handle the cooking at the Fest. Northern sausage, Southern Country Boil and all the fixin's. Mama's tater salad, men have disappeared over it.

mmm....mmmmmmm..........good, as they say in South, Damm, taste so good it'll make your tongue slap your brains out. We are coming up on 6 months to go.

As far as JATP get cookin.

RT1

That's funny! I cook a heck of a lot more than innerds Bro. . .
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    LOL Mike's house or mine??? :eek: :D

Definetly yours.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.