Audio/Culinary Fun.

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Okay, to quote Kramer while speaking to Jerry & George, "WHO WANTS TO HAVE SOME FUN???"

Sunday is the day that I mix my first love and passion, music and equipment, with my second love and passion, cooking and eating (that is obvious if you've ever met me). I usually cook up something extavagent and complicated on this special day while listening to music in the backround . . . loudly.

I had a hankering for something a little more simple today like sausage, onions, & peppers. I love this dish. NO-ONE not even me can duplicate my mother's version of this dish but I come close. So I went to the market and was looking to buy some fresh peppers and onions and sausage when I came across a food item that I love but hadn't consumed in a while.

I cooked it and boy is it fantastic.

Now the game. . . if you can guess what the dish pictured below is composed of I will give you the following prize:

1. Correct guess on the brown stuff: Jazz at the Pawnshop CD Volume 1 (it must be exact).

2. Correct guess on number one above plus a correct guess on the variety of the green stuff: Jazz at the Pawnshop CD Volumes 1 & 2.

3. Correct guess on numbers one & two above plus a correct guess on the variety of the red stuff: Jazz at the Pawnshop CD Volumes 1, 2 & 3.

The white stuff is obviously onions but I will throw in an extra treat if you can guess what kind of onions.

I'll keep this going until 10:00 PM Eastern Savings Time unless of course someone gets it right. . . well come to think of it I'll just keep it going to 10 just for **** and giggles.

First come first serve.

Wise cracks are encouraged!

EDIT: you are allowed multiple guesses.
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited March 2007
    Asiago sausage, red & green bell peppers, roasted red peppers, vadalia onions, Griswold frying pan (the best by the way) cooked on a Kenmore electric range.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Asiago sausage, red & green bell peppers, roasted red peppers, vadalia onions, Griswold frying pan (the best by the way) cooked on a Kenmore electric range.

Right from the mouth of an accomplished chef. . . WRONG!!! Well you got the range right.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited March 2007

First come first serve.

Damn, there won't be any left by the time I get there!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited March 2007
    Wise cracks are encouraged!

Good, because I'm not even going to say what the highlighted thing looks like !

Dish.JPG

Other than that, it looks gd good !!

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited March 2007
    1 - Those are calve's nuts, aka "mountain oysters".
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    Brown stuff is pig's brains, green stuff is okra?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    DaveMuell wrote:
    1 - Those are calve's nuts, aka "mountain oysters".

If they are mountain oysters they wouldn't be from a calf......from a bull!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited March 2007
    If they are mountain oysters they wouldn't be from a calf......from a bull!

They are technically from a calf before he "becomes a bull"...

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/RockyMtnOyster.htm
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    Wikipedia says bull, and wikipedia doesn't lie!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_oysters
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    I always thought Rocky Mountain Oysters were Deer nuts. . . they taste good too.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Yum it is all done. . . I feel like that old Alka Seltzer commercial, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing."
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    So it's not Mountain oysters?
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2007
    The brown stuff is crimini mushrooms.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2007
    Artichoke hearts

Red bell peppers

with a little spinach...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    So it's not Mountain oysters?

No hints cheater!!! LOL:p
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Come on don't let it die, some of you guys were getting close. I would love to give the JATP set away.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    Well wait, are you gonna tell us if someone guesses it as the night goes on, or are you gonna say at 10 pm who got it?

I'm gonna add red bell pepers to my brains and okra

Also looks like a ton of either crushed red pepper or minced garlic...or both.

And vidalia onion.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited March 2007
    Say, Joe, I never asked. What part of Italy are your folks from? A mountainous region perhaps?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited March 2007
    Mushrooms, green peppers, basil leaves, red peppers, small white onions.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Well wait, are you gonna tell us if someone guesses it as the night goes on, or are you gonna say at 10 pm who got it?

I'm gonna add red bell pepers to my brains and okra

Also looks like a ton of either crushed red pepper or minced garlic...or both.

And vidalia onion.

10PM no matter what. I'm really interested to see a variety of ideas here. Who knows maybe I'll try some of these. LOL:D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    10PM no matter what. I'm really interested to see a variety of ideas here. Who knows maybe I'll try some of these. LOL:D

My dad says brains and livers are good.........but you sure as hell aren't gonna get me trying either.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Say, Joe, I never asked. What part of Italy are your folks from? A mountainous region perhaps?

It's not hard to guess where my family hails from with this temper that I have as MrNightly put it so accurately, "as short as his TT needle." LOL

Sicily and Calabria. . . Southern Italy.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    My dad says brains and livers are good.........but you sure as hell aren't gonna get me trying either.

Dude you have an open mind with everthing else open up that mouth a little and let some other flavors in.:eek:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    Dude you have an open mind with everthing else open up that mouth a little and let some other flavors in.:eek:

I did make it as far as to "feel" the liver......it had a strange furry feel to the inside and looked very rubbery....apparently its good in red sauce.

My mom's side of the family is from sicily 100% and most of my dads side(100% his mom, 75% his dad) are from there as well.

I hope to visit some day.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2007
    It's not hard to guess where my family hails from with this temper that I have as MrNightly put it so accurately, "as short as his TT needle." LOL

Sicily and Calabria. . . Southern Italy.

An accurate it was :D

As long as it's channeled properly right, no permanent damage done...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Okay its 10:00 and the thread officially died at 8:16 PM with MrNighty's reply.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    Okay its 10:00 and the thread officially died at 8:16 PM with MrNighty's reply.

Sooooo.....what exactly did you eat?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2007
    Andouille sausage was my guess, but it doesn't look red enough. ****'s and Red Bell?

Whatever it is, I want a plate!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    It was beef kidney boiled with herbs and spices then fried with, pablano peppers, red bell pepper, plain old everyday Spainish onions and minced garlic with a bam of oregano and crushed red pepperonchinos. Yum and they didn't even smell of urine.

In the pot next to it (unseen in the pics) I had simmering a 4 lb beef tongue with onions, pablanos, thyme, coriander, black pepper corns. It is the best tasting "pot roast" that you will ever taste. My wife who is very squeeemish tasted it and said it was better than any roast beef she ever had and proceed to chow down.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Now I gotta come up with a new game to put the JATP CDs in the mix again. A Kharma is too easy.