For when you feel REALLY dumb:

jdhdiggs
jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
Post edited by jdhdiggs on

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited March 2007
    Too bad that guy didn't realize he was probably speaking with someone in India - maybe thats why Verizon's support line didn't "get it".
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2007
    What a bunch of moron's at Verizon.

Andrea - "I've never heard of .002dollars..."

Stupid people!!!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited March 2007
    Damn, and I have Verizon also.:o

Good thing I don't travel to Canada.:)

Mike
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2007
    I'd say there's a 90% chance that Verizon knew exactly what the guy was saying, and were just playing dumb, hoping he'd give up.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I'd say there's a 90% chance that Verizon knew exactly what the guy was saying, and were just playing dumb, hoping he'd give up.

I dunno... I think there is a severe lack of common sense in this world today. Obviously the guys and girl who helped him were very young and had no ability to reason. Reflects our educational system in todays society. Every compare a 6th grader's math from 1900 to a 6th grader's math from today? It's really embarrassing actually how smart we used to be and how much we've slid in the past 100 years.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• jdhdiggs
    edited March 2007
    Of course you stick that 1900's 6th grader in front of a computer for an hour and he might have figured out how to turn it on. A modern 6th grader will have downloaded 2 gigs of **** by then.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    I dunno... I think there is a severe lack of common sense in this world today. Obviously the guys and girl who helped him were very young and had no ability to reason. Reflects our educational system in todays society. Every compare a 6th grader's math from 1900 to a 6th grader's math from today? It's really embarrassing actually how smart we used to be and how much we've slid in the past 100 years.

And yet science and technology keep improving. You'd think we'd all be banging our stupid heads against walls by now. :rolleyes:
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited March 2007
    He would have been fine if he had just stuck with her after she did the math.
    ".002 cents times 35,**** = 71.xx dollars".

"No...that's 71 cents. How in the $#@! did you go from cents to dollars? You told me cents, and ended up with dollars!! You can't just start with cents and end up with dollars without a conversion!!"

If he would have hammered that home, he would have been better off. To be honest though, I would have seriously lost my temper and started shouting obscenities long before that converstation had ended.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2007
    Then he could have added, is it Kilobits or kilobytes? Of course this would have worked in the opposite direction.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

NO..because 5 out of 6 people here at work thought Verizon was right....lol..

I tried telling them. Where did the dollar come from? It was cents we are talking about.....alwas in cents....there was no dollar every mentioned. So why bring up dollars? Everything was in cents....lol.... 71 cents not dollars.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited March 2007
    I have had many miscommunications with Sprint. At one point, I actually had a manager's voice start to quiver and just gave me what I wanted. I am not normally a complete **** with them, but when they call me soliciting offers for lesser plans than what I have I finally lost it. I am on the Do Not Call list, why are you calling me? Their response was "to inform our customers of our services" I have had your service for 5 years......I am pretty damn aware of everything you offer, and have most of it already. There is no need to inform me of anything. I reported them to the feds after I found out that they were counting those minutes in my anytime usage. Out of control. If they are doing this to you, you can call them and have them block your number from that dept....They just don't tell you till after they have used 100 of your minutes and you call them in anger.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2007
    jakelm wrote:
    NO..because 5 out of 6 people here at work thought Verizon was right....lol..

I tried telling them. Where did the dollar come from? It was cents we are talking about.....alwas in cents....there was no dollar every mentioned. So why bring up dollars? Everything was in cents....lol.... 71 cents not dollars.

But that means 30% got it, so that's good... :D
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited March 2007
    hskjldghaluegwclq827l3bkvuawytylqb. Sorry, just regaining my brain power. After the first minute of the recording my wife and I were like wtf? are they that dumb?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    We've had bad CS at Sprint before Sprint Wireless even existed.....hmmm, going on 10+ years :) I love my company. None of that conversation suprises me, telecom is all the same.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited March 2007
    Kudos to that guy for keeping his cool.

Pretty smart of him, too, to get the gal to say on record that she didn't mind him posting an audio recording of the conversation on his website.
    Sal Palooza
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
    Wow that was brutal. Standards must be pretty low for Verizon CS.
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited March 2007
    Sweet Jesus that's ridiculous... How bloody stupid can they get? I understood the guys point right off the bad and I'm no mathematician either...
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2007
    Wow. That is...absolutely...nothing short of...amazing. I mean...wow. That's unbelievable. I recognize some people hate math, and I also recognize there's a lot of cashiers who can't make change...but my word...that many people...in relatively high positions of a respected company...being that dense...

I'm flabbergasted. And ROFL!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520