Day 2 of the new pool...

Comments

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2007
    YES, dual-purpose. heating/conservation.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited March 2007
    I want a pool, looks like I'm going to have to rob a bank. Nice pool man.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    I want a bank.:D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2007
    Congrats Steve! It looks beautiful! I hope it gives you many good memories.
    Carl

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited March 2007
    I want a bank.:D
    Only if I can rob it and we will split the money:D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2007
    Looks great Steve. Enjoy!!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2007
    Thanks all
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2007
    We'll probably put our solar cover on in a couple of weeks, and the pool should be ready by mid April, as long as it's warm enough by then to swim.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2007
    That looks nice. But my pool still has snow on it and it's like 33*F today.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2007
    I didn't know we had a colony on Mars already.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2007
    rember to check the combined clorine, the calasen hardness. i work at a pool and if you have any wuestons shoot me a pm.
    do you use sand filter or a charcol or other? do you use clorine or bromine?
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    Steve,

Do you get "Pool School" with a new pool from the builder, some great info on how to work controls, water testing, brushing, etc.

Fun first 3 months lots of acid // lots of brushing. You got work ahead of you.

BTW did I ever state that they needed to drain my pool to work on the finish again "Acid Wash" to help with a stain that happen while filling? So I seen my pool be filed twice, well 2.5 times I dropped 2.5 feet or so to bring hardness back in line once. They are fun, nice to look at, but can be work also.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    Thank you all, tonight I'll make an .avi video of the waterfall---just for Officer Wingnut!

Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    Good times ahead! Congrats.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Steve,
    Do you get "Pool School" with a new pool from the builder, some great info on how to work controls, water testing, brushing, etc. Fun first 3 months lots of acid // lots of brushing. You got work ahead of you.

They do, but this isn't my first pool--it is my first in-ground. I used to take care of pools as a young teen also, although things have changed alot and maintenance is much easier today.

I've been battling high PH from day 1 because of the new plaster, but I've got it controlled at least, takes about 1 1/2 pints of muriatic acid daily, but everyday it's closer to ideal. I used the last of the pool store provided chlorine, so I started using clorox this morning (BBB method). Clorox is so much easier/cheaper to handle, and doesn't increase TDS at all. I'm gonna do a full chemical analysis Saturday, now that the stabilizer is in and the water is crystal clear (plaster settled). I know I'll need to add additional calcium, and probably more CYA. They'll salt the pool and start-up the salt water chlorine generator in 30 days, then I can let that do the chlorinating.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • disneyjoe7
    edited March 2007
    Just FYI Steve, twice now Stabilizer has hurt me adding too much during the curing phase. I would keep it on the low side for now, two new pool I need to lowered pools to bring this item in line.

Other then that sounds like you where born too own a pool Enjoy.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    Ok, will do. Thanks for the advice. I figured the first year would be the most troublesome. The pool builder just had me add 3.5 lbs of stabilizer, and in a 12,000 gal pool that's about 30ppm. I'll leave it there for the next couple months. My SWCG will require CYA at around 60-80ppm, but I'll just boost the output to compensate for now. My pool gets alot of direct sunlight.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited March 2007
    Just be curious of any level which you are told to add in large amounts, other then acid. I have to correct myself of my earlier post my current pool needed to be drained do to lower hardness level not stabilizer. Stabilizer is still being learned about and that level keeps getting lower over the years, this is effecting commercial pools more then residential ones. Over a level they will shut down a public pool if stabilizer is too high. As the pool cures this levels will go up so I've learned to be on the lower side, pool stores may act like you need to add this and that. But all in all I believe they are selling product, not looking at the big picture.

Sorry about that many hours at work and not many hours of sleep.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    Many people get "pool stored" to death, not needing much of what the store is peddling. This is why I use the BBB method (Bleach, Borax, Baking soda) all commonly found in the grocery store and are EXACTLY the same thing the pool store is selling you at 3-4 times the price.

The only thing I buy from the pool store is stabilizer, and I don't need much. I buy my Muriatic acid and calcium increaser at Home depot.

The Poolforum is outstanding, their "Best guess chart" for CYA vs Chlorine is excellent. There's tons of real world and chemical testing that backs it's data. It gives you way more information than the "1-3ppm" free chlorine stuff you've heard for years. It increases chlorine based on the amount of CYA in the water to compensate.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2007
    STEVE, poolforum isn't letting me register. says administrator has disabled it. what the heck? i see you are online right now over there.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    They're having some problems lately, can you read stuff as a visitor?
  • disneyjoe7
    edited March 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    It increases chlorine based on the amount of CYA in the water to compensate.

Bad idea IMO, I would drop water level to bring back in line first, over making a pool Chlorine dependent requiring a higher chlorine level.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2007
    I gave these guys your address. They'll be over tomorrow.
    3_5_definitely_****_speedo_ii.jpg
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2007
    too funny, josh!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2007
    Wow, I killed this thread, didn't I?
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2007
    You sure did! You might want to move that to the Oh the joys........ thread.
  • C3 Audio
    C3 Audio Posts: 43
    edited March 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    Many people get "pool stored" to death, not needing much of what the store is peddling. This is why I use the BBB method (Bleach, Borax, Baking soda) all commonly found in the grocery store and are EXACTLY the same thing the pool store is selling you at 3-4 times the price.

The only thing I buy from the pool store is stabilizer, and I don't need much. I buy my Muriatic acid and calcium increaser at Home depot.

The Poolforum is outstanding, their "Best guess chart" for CYA vs Chlorine is excellent. There's tons of real world and chemical testing that backs it's data. It gives you way more information than the "1-3ppm" free chlorine stuff you've heard for years. It increases chlorine based on the amount of CYA in the water to compensate.

Steve,
    The pool looks great! I hope to add one somewhere down the road and it's good the hear that taking care of them is easier than in years past. The BBB method sounds good too.

Enjoy! :)
    Conrad Johnson PV14L
    Rotel RCD-1072 CDP
    Carver TFM-25
    Polk SDA 1C's with upgraded xovers
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2007
    Hi Steve,
    Maybe I missed it, but do you have a salt generator? I just installed one last year and it is awesome. My dad is a pool technician and put mine in, as well as a new pump recently. Best investment we made on the pool.
    Venom
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    venomclan wrote:
    Hi Steve,
    Maybe I missed it, but do you have a salt generator? I just installed one last year and it is awesome. My dad is a pool technician and put mine in, as well as a new pump recently. Best investment we made on the pool.
    Venom

Yes, but it won't get fired up until April, allowing the plaster to fully cure before they add the salt. Right now I'm chlorinating the conventional way.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    Josh wrote:
    I gave these guys your address. They'll be over tomorrow.
    3_5_definitely_****_speedo_ii.jpg

Isn't this the "Ambiguisly **** duo" from SNL?