Best way to eliminate alternator noise

2»

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,660
    edited March 2007
    Cody,
    I am using MonoPrice.com PREMIUM 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable. Power runs down the driver side and RCA's down the passenger side.

Thanks
    engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited March 2007
    First things first Cleaned the grounds , Id replace the cable with a good thick one. I use dielectric on all connections. I have older muscle cars and I have multiple grounds (very clean) scraped sanded etc, spark plugs wires can be a problem oem resitor type not any racing versions
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • CRTguys
    CRTguys Posts: 10
    edited April 2007
    what option do you guys suggest for a ground in a boat?

All my grounds in my boat go back to my batteries. Where else is a good spot to ground the amps?
  • Deadof_knight
    edited April 2007
    I have been and still into car audio with my boys, make sure you have a good ground 4 gauge ground to the frame cleaned to the bare metal and I have always used dielectric grease to keep connection fresh, I have alot of old cars and the frames connections are bad at the very best. I have heard and tried the all in one spot connection stuff, and grounding in multiple spots. They all work with good quality work. have the alternator checked and then check your plug wires what kinda condition are they in ? replace them or the alternator or at least get it checked.

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • Deadof_knight
    edited April 2007
    thats a floating ground in a boat but having a bus bar type item for the ground is helpful. Big 4 gauge cable gold connections vasoline or dielectric grease on all of those connections. grounded to the block if its inboard.