Man I hate school...

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Actually, thats about it...6 tests in a one week period when I'm only taking 4 classes sucks big time...
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2007
    I don't feel sorry for you, get your **** educated, suck it up, you're a Polk trooper.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    yea what Doro said
  • Kris Siegel
    Kris Siegel Posts: 309
    edited February 2007
    Hey, I drive 72 miles to work one way, drive back (another 72 miles). Then I have to drive to school, which is about 40 miles from my house. Depending on traffic and if I have to take different routes, on days I go to school I average about 180-200 miles. Thankfully I can work at home some days :)

I don't want to hear ANY complaning! heh
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited March 2007
    exalted512 wrote:
    Actually, thats about it...6 tests in a one week period when I'm only taking 4 classes sucks big time...
    -Cody

I used to say a lot of things like that in college because at that time, big tests, presentations, 7:00 am classes on a hangover was the toughest thing life was throwing at me...

10 years later and now I face...
    keeping the wife happy, big mortgage, keeping the wife happy, big taxes, keeping the wife happy, kids, keeping the wife happy, running my own business, keeping the wife happy, still paying my school loans, Weddings - 8, Funerals - 10, etc...

No doubt it sucks to have 6 tests in one week and don’t let anyone tell you different, but in 1, 5 or 10 years after school, I have feeling you will look back and say I never had it so good.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    No pity here either. Hard work now will pay off down the road. Trust me.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Be thankful you have it so easy. Now get your butt back to studying!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2007
    m00npie wrote:
    I used to say a lot of things like that in college because at that time, big tests, presentations, 7:00 am classes on a hangover was the toughest thing life was throwing at me...

10 years later and now I face...
    keeping the wife happy, big mortgage, keeping the wife happy, big taxes, keeping the wife happy, kids, keeping the wife happy, running my own business, keeping the wife happy, still paying my school loans, Weddings - 8, Funerals - 10, etc...

No doubt it sucks to have 6 tests in one week and don’t let anyone tell you different, but in 1, 5 or 10 years after school, I have feeling you will look back and say I never had it so good.

That about sums it up right there. I would much rather be in the back of a classroom right now, anonomously dealing with a latent drunkeness segueing into a midday hangover, swearing off alcohol until the next time I drink. Which would probably be around 3 this afternoon. Instead I'm at a job I can tolerate, making sufficient money, planning a wedding, going home to a house I own where I have a a few sets of Polks and electronics to make 'em sing. You know what, that's all good, too.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2007
    Sorry for the derail exalted. Hey guys, I really need your help. I have been looking to find the worlds smallest violon. do you guys know where I can find it?
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited March 2007
    exalted512 wrote:
    -Cody

Well, you could always quit and join the military?:p Hell, they will even pay for you to go to school when you get out.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    WIMP!!! 8 finals in 4 days and the final one was at 7AM on my 21st. No problem! You either paid attention and know the material or you're screwed. Either way, you shouldn't be stressed.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2007
    m00npie wrote:

+1

out of school in 2001. I think I started missing it a year or so ago. :(
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2007
    Last semester I had 4 finals on one day. Our school has a rule that if you have more than 3, you can get them changed. Unfortunately, one was at a community college around here so the rule didnt apply...Still did fairly good though.

I dont necessarily have it 'easy' I'm still working full time as well as being a full time student so I can pay for my college, living expenses, etc.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited March 2007
    Just had 6 exams last week (one per class) and I can't complain. Last term in my electrical engineering course, I had a question on the final that asked:

"The optimal frequency response for an audio amplifier should be"
    (a) Flat
    (b) Sine wave
    (c) 20Hz-20kHz
    (d) Neither (a), (b), or (c)

I almost fell on the floor laughing! Too easy.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited March 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    Well, you could always quit and join the military?:p Hell, they will even pay for you to go to school when you get out.
    Haha........Most of the people I know who have ran the other way had a real hard time in school, mostly getting used to not dropping the f bomb to their professors, but also the whole social atmosphere. A lot of colleges are kinda anti-military nowdays. I considered going to school, but I think that my A&P license will do me just fine.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2007
    Dude, college ain't easy. It's good preparation for the real world. Your deadlines and work won't get any easier. Just be glad you can go to school. There are alot of people out there who want to go but can't for one reason or another. I had to work two jobs while in school just to keep up with the tuition payments that my financial aid didn't cover.

It sucks having a bunch of tests in one week but you know what? At least they are done and out of the way. I use to love having all my tests in the first two days of mid-term or finals week because then I had 3 days off.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited March 2007
    tommyboy wrote:
    Sorry for the derail exalted. Hey guys, I really need your help. I have been looking to find the worlds smallest violon. do you guys know where I can find it?

:D That's great! My father-in-law does that with both hands and says "This is my rendition of 'My heart bleeds for you,' and at no extra cost, it's in stereo!" It's a little sarcastic, but pretty funny to see in person.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    Yeah whatever. Talk to me when your on Spring Break at South Padre gulping down whammies at Louie's Backyard hitting on some chick from Arizona State where later that night your boinking her in someone's condo or hotel room you don't even know. Yeah, I hated college too.
  • polka boy
    polka boy Posts: 13
    edited March 2007
    Gut it out. Remember to buy high end electronics the 1st year after you graduate and get a job. It's taken me 20 years to working/wife/kid/house/minivan/window treatments/to get back into the financial state that I can but audio gear.

Good luck. BSME UW
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited March 2007
    6 exams only affect you...................wait until that many deadlines at work affect your company's future or 100s or 1000s of people that depend on your ability to pull it off. School becomes sweet memories...........
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • janmike
    edited March 2007
    exalted512 wrote:
    Last semester I had 4 finals on one day. Our school has a rule that if you have more than 3, you can get them changed. Unfortunately, one was at a community college around here so the rule didnt apply...Still did fairly good though.

I dont necessarily have it 'easy' I'm still working full time as well as being a full time student so I can pay for my college, living expenses, etc.
    -Cody
    Cody, I went back to University full-time in my 30's to do 2 degrees back to back. 7 years. I held down 4 & 5 jobs (at the same time) and my work/school week was about 90 hours every week. Was I busy, you bet. Did I do well, sure did. GPA 4.0 for the first degree (Computer Science) and 3.75 (Commerce) for the second. Two things got me through. Desire and Time Management. Learn priorities Sir. Which is more important, your social life or school. I was dirt poor during University but the "nose to the grindstone" attitude paid off. Sorry, I do not mean to rag on you but school is easy. Real life is hard. I hope I do not sound like a parent, but if you think it is hard now you are in for a surprise. I am now in my 50's raising a 7 year old. And yes I do about a 60 hour work week and attend school and social functions for my son. The good thing is I still find time for audio. Good luck and keep at it.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2007
    polka boy wrote:
    Gut it out. Remember to buy high end electronics the 1st year after you graduate and get a job. It's taken me 20 years to working/wife/kid/house/minivan/window treatments/to get back into the financial state that I can but audio gear.

Good luck. BSME UW

No, he'll buy some hot rod of a car or get that ubiqoutous BMW/Acura/Audi and go and get his 9 to 5'er job. Everyone does. They all say they won't do it but they do. Every single one of them does it. It's the 'Mericun Dream!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited March 2007
    janmike wrote:
    No pity here either. Hard work now will pay off down the road. Trust me.

Yeah...that's when it all pays off all right.......40 hrs a week (or more) for the next 40yrs or so...whoopee, bet you can hardly wait! :eek:
    :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! So true. But at least you will have a job & some money to go with it!:eek: :D

dragon1952 wrote:
    Yeah...that's when it all pays off all right.......40 hrs a week (or more) for the next 40yrs or so...whoopee, bet you can hardly wait! :eek:
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • janmike
    edited March 2007
    dragon1952 wrote:
    It depends on the career you select. When you love what you do and make 6 digits it's called enjoyment. When you hate what you do and make $8/hr it's called career change. Education can sometimes HELP that selection process.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I was just poking a little fun from the 'retiree's perspective'. :cool: It's easy to hate school but then you look back later and it was a breeze compared to the present. I enjoyed what I was doing for maybe half the 30 some years I worked but still how many days do you wake up at 6AM (or earlier) and say 'Crap!'. You get to work and go 'Damn...didn't I just leave this place?' :confused: It's like the movie 'Groundhogs Day'. :rolleyes:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited March 2007
    I like school. I guess maybe because I am interested in what I am learning. Physics and Electrical Engineering (my majors) are fun to me.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2007
    I love school too. I was walking out of my calc class today, feeling very good because somehow calc is making sense to me (now i know you engineers are way beyond calc but i'm only a sophmore) and i realized that i loved going to school. Learning about something and actually knowing it and remembering it is such a great thing and it will seperate you from the annoying ignorant people when you are older. Education is freedom.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2007
    Which Calc are you in?
    Airplay355 wrote:
    Learning about something and actually knowing it and remembering it is such a great thing and it will seperate you from the annoying ignorant people when you are older. Education is freedom.
    Amen!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2007
    One for now. My degree (medical biology) only requires I take pre-calc but i might just keep taking math because I know if i take some time off and then try to do it again, I will have forgotten things and it will be much harder then if I just continue taking it.

So far I have an A...I'm just trying to keep it the entire semester.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2007
    Cool beans. It sounds like you really understand the importance of UNDERSTANDING the material instead of just making the grade. I highly recommend you focus on really learning it, from here on out. I got a B in Calc 1 & 2, but didn't really learn it that well. Now Calc 3's really kicking me. :(
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520