This really sucks...

Poee7R
Poee7R Posts: 904
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
So, it turns out im having to sell all my audio equipment to come up with money owed to the great and almighty IRS.

Tax time is a real ****, took me a while to find what i wanted, got it, enjoyed it... and now i get the pleasure of selling it.

I feel like crying. :(

Dave
Once again we meet at last.
Post edited by Poee7R on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2007
    dude, that really blows

what are you selling ?
    maybe someone can buy it from you and stash it until you get back together
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Poee7R
    edited February 2007
    I would love to offer all of it to CP, but im afraid i need to generate a bunch on these, and i dont want to insult anyone here because i wouldnt be able to offer a break in the pricing. I threw it on my local CL, im just hoping i dont have to venture to Ebay to sell.

Dave
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2007
    Good luck with your sale; hang on there.....you'll get a better system in no time ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2007
    understood...

just throwing out some suggestions

good luck with your sales....

it`ll come back around...
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2007
    Depending on the piece of gear, don't forget Audiogon. $6 listing and you can let it ride for 30 days.

Damn near everything can be replaced, don't sweat it, pay the bill and look towards new gear down the road.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited February 2007
    ^ what he said :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited February 2007
    Raleigh, NC craigslist just had a spike in hits :)
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Poee7R
    edited February 2007
    Yes i though about audiogon as well. I just dont have any feedback there and a few things are going to be hell to ship. Ah well, you're right, they make most of this stuff everyday. Just well... damn.

Dave
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    Sorry to hear that Dave, hang in there you will have it replaced in no time.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited February 2007
    :( I feel for you man, that sucks...

Just like dorokusai said, everything can be replaced. Good luck bro...

Mike
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited February 2007
    good luck man,

I looked at your ad, why not post them here, you might be suprised what will sell
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    not for nothing, but is it that big? give the IRS a call about a payment plan if you cant pay it all at one shot.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    ^^^ What he said.

And if the interest rates are too high for ya, the IRS gives you an option to put it all on a card with a lower interest rate.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,705
    edited February 2007
    In my opinion, you'd get more money here than on Craigslist. CL is all about people trying to find STEALS! I've had several things that sat and lumbered on Craigslist for weeks with nothing but lowball offers.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    I feel your pain. The taxman pain that is. I got hit hard this year. Fortunately, no equipment will be leaving the household. Any other options other than the audio equipment?
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited February 2007
    billbillw wrote:
    In my opinion, you'd get more money here than on Craigslist. CL is all about people trying to find STEALS! I've had several things that sat and lumbered on Craigslist for weeks with nothing but lowball offers.

I agree...that place can be VERY annoying...I tried selling a guitar on there for $225 and after a few deals fell through, I lowered the price to $200...a couple more deals fall through, and I lower it to $175 (I bought this guitar for $400 in 1999 AND had aftermarket pickups put in..and it includes a hardshell case)..definately worth $200..

Well I get one last email a few weeks ago from a guy who asks if it's still available..I said yes...

He replies with, "How low can you go?"

I told him no way I'm going lower than $175 and listed the reasons..

He comes back with, "but Joe Schmoe is offering a similar guitar for $150..."

I told him to buy that guitar then....whatever.. I was offering MUCH more for $175...they weren't that similar.

but ...I would rather keep it myself than give it away for free to those losers..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2007
    billbillw wrote:

X3. With the obvious exception of those generous folks from Nigeria. I got tired of hearin "but it's gonna cost me $3 in gas, plus $2 in tolls to get there." Boohoo. I wonder what would happen if I tried that at the grocery store...

Anywho, I'd rather buy something here, from someone that I e-know, for a price similar to what I'd see on CL, or even Audiogon, then from epay. Especially if it were helping someone out through a rough time.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2007
    beardog03 wrote:
    dude, that really blows

what are you selling ?
    maybe someone can buy it from you and stash it until you get back together

Seriously let us know what you have, you never know, someone may want it. it won't hurt !
  • Poee7R
    edited February 2007
    Well as they say its all in the details.

I'm aware of the options i have as far as payments, but there is an issue.

My wife is from Australia, she has been here for almost 6 years now, we have been married almost 5. I promised her along time ago we could move to her side of the world for a while. And that promise is taking place this year, september to be exact.

Our plan is to be debt free for the move. So as i said, yes we do have options, but to try and get this done the right way, our only option would be to get everything we owe squared away before the move.

And i guess its just speeding up the process really, as the only thing i would really WANT to bring are the 2.3tl's.

But at the end of the day you have to do what you have to do.

Dave

Just a quick edit. Im looking at roughly $28k to ole uncle sam this year. If it werent so much and me being in the situation im in i wouldnt dare sell any of it.
  • Poee7R
    edited February 2007
    Bah F-it i just deleted the post on CL. Im leaving for the weekend to go sell my motorcycle. But when i come back monday ill sit down and figure out the least i can get on some of my stuff and throw it on here in the Flea Market.

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Btw for a quick laugh, this is the first response i recieved from my ad there.

"Hi,

Where can I get some of the crack your smoking? Must
    be really strong to warp your mind like that.

Good luck with that."

Gotta love people. ;)

Dave
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2007
    Sorry man. I say F them, its your money. But, you know where that attitude would get you.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2007
    WOW. 28000 clams! Holy smokes. Good luck to you.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited February 2007
    Good luck with the move. It actually might not be a bad idea to sell the non-essentials to your system before the move. Otherwise, you'd need a lot of 220 -> 110 converters.

Still, at least you know what you need to re-acquire to make you happy. Some of us haven't figured that out yet. ;)

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited February 2007
    Good luck with the move. It actually might not be a bad idea to sell the non-essentials to your system before the move. Otherwise, you'd need a lot of 220 -> 110 converters.
    regards

Dave

Yes, that's true. The current down there flows counter-clockwise, instead of clockwise. Sets up reverse counter-EMF.

You might want to consider spending some bucks on a tax lawyer; for a $28 grand tax bill, it'd be worth the investment, I believe.
    Sal Palooza