A Fine Sunday in Chicago!

2»

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    danger boy wrote:
    this hobby adds 20 yrs to your life.. those guys are all only 22 or 23 yrs old. :p

WAAAAAAAAAAAA Hey what's my excuse I had been out for almost 20 years but these last eight months had me looking like those guys except for Victor!!!LOL and Brett thank God!:p :eek: :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    Reminds me of when I was a kid.....
    Smoke filled room...round table with a bottle of wine in the middle....
    a deck of cards,lots of cussing and in the corner..........
    A record was spinning...usually Dean Martin,Bing Crosby,or Frank.
    I thought to myself...how boreing,RAN OUTSIDE,to play football.

Wonder if out kids today look at us the same way.:)

Nope, I had my ten year old son in the media room last night listening to the first LP of the Jazz at the Pawnshop double set and he was tapping his feet and jitter bugging and he really enjoyed it. I'm making him both a vinyl junkie and audiophile. . .the kid will be addicted in no time.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited February 2007
    Hey Rich, don't you think a black 9100 would look nice with all your other black gear & the black rack? (OK Norm...pay up!) J/K

Yeah, but he would have to take that Blue sticker off before I would even consider a trade.;) :D
    Also...You guys are all some old ****'s! I thought I was getting aged at 28??

Some of us have racked up miles but we ain’t dead yet and get around pretty good. Funny thing is our 30 year old daughter has some grey hair while her mother and I don’t. I mention that to her from time to time....:D

You ever get up this way, let Victor or me know if you want to stop by. I’ve only had one request to stop a demo; just when Stephane Grappelli’s violin was touching my heart and soul. I’d even have beer here if someone wants it.
    this hobby adds 20 yrs to your life.. those guys are all only 22 or 23 yrs old.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Now if that ain’t a perfect sig quote.
    Reminds me of when I was a kid.....
    Smoke filled room...round table with a bottle of wine in the middle

At my folks place it was a quart or two of beer. I drink more wine than beer now and no more hard stuff. I was addicted to Black Label straight in the management days.
    RE: Post 18, really cool Rich.

Thanks for the kind words Joe. I still have my dust bug too. I made an angled bracket for it that slides into the hinge bracket on the back of the table.

While not shown in post 18, here visiting is a Nitty Gritty that belongs to Carl. It is here for some minor repair. The pump/reservoir is removed in these pics. It even has the CD cleaner option. My records were pretty clean, but no doubt, the vacumn rules. I don't even have to pay royalties to him for the records I clean with it.:p :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited February 2007
    ^ Thanks for the invite also, I'd definetly let you guys know when I get up that way.

\/ Since you said it, I did it!:D

Damn, I'm already 48yrs old!!:eek:

Mike
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Carl, did he charge you $1 to turn the massage function on in the recliner too?:D

LOL! No massage needed! And I would gladly pay by the hour to sit in that chair and listen to some fine tunes!

Carl
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited February 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    Also...You guys are all some old ****'s! ;)

You got that right! I am the oldest of the bunch. A lot of miles on my ears!

Carl
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    LOL! No massage needed! And I would gladly pay by the hour to sit in that chair and listen to some fine tunes!

Carl

It is hard to get Norm out of it too. Wait till he gets that Runco on the wall above the rack. He will never leave that room!;) :D

Dibs on the pic if you do....
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited February 2007
    Carl, I just realized that in the short time you had at my place and all
    the different tunes we played, we didn't listen to any 2 channel SACD :eek:

That's where my system really shines! Guess you'll have to come back ;)
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:

Carl

The bass would provide the massage, no?:p
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words Joe. I still have my dust bug too. I made an angled bracket for it that slides into the hinge bracket on the back of the table.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about!!!
    SCompRacer wrote:
    While not shown in post 18, here visiting is a Nitty Gritty that belongs to Carl. It is here for some minor repair. The pump/reservoir is removed in these pics. It even has the CD cleaner option. My records were pretty clean, but no doubt, the vacumn rules. I don't even have to pay royalties to him for the records I clean with it.:p :D

Cool, I have an old NItty Gritty 1.5fi that I think I am going to cleanup, tuneup, and sellup.
  • schwarcw
    edited February 2007
    Carl, I just realized that in the short time you had at my place and all
    the different tunes we played, we didn't listen to any 2 channel SACD :eek:

That's where my system really shines! Guess you'll have to come back ;)

Well Norm, that means I'm going to come back!:D Hopefully, in the Spring or Summer. I'll bring some ice vests! LOL!
    Carl

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    It's good to put a face to some of you geeks...errrrr I mean guys that I haven't seen a pic of or met yet. Love the gear shots too....drooling here.

Another perfect example of what this forum is all about, good folks enjoying good tunes on good gear, bravo!

BTW, put me in the root beer camp......more good stuff.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    Another perfect example of what this forum is all about, good folks enjoying good tunes on good gear, bravo!

Hi Jesse! I been threatening Mike that I'm going to drop in on him the next time I take my family and visit my sister in law down in DC. I'd love to visit you but I'm not sure I can stay awake till 4:00 AM ;) I'm a night owl, but not that late my friend.:D

Carl
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    edited February 2007
    Thanks Jesse! Maybe we can share a root beer later this year. I do appreciate all the help and direction you have provided me when I was building previous systems until I figured out what I wanted.

The guys have a reason to come back and listen as I have completed the next stage of planned upgrades. I picked up a used InnerSound ESL amp for the panels. InnerSound's ESL amplifier can deliver more than 2000 volt-amps per channel into an ESL. That means it will act like a conventional amp rated at more than 1000 watts per channel. Until I get another one, I bypassed the active crossover in my old InnerSound XA200 and am just using the amp portion in it to power the woofers. The designer said it actually does around 250WPC @4 Ohms.
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007
    Carl, if you're dropping in on Mike, you'd better come here too. We're only 20 or so minutes apart. We can all do dinner or whatever and not to worry about your bed time, you can leave whenever you want or there's always the guest room.

Rich, I look forward to that root beer and perhaps getting my ears on your wicked set up.

BTW, which one of you made the "prank call" today? :D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:

Them training classes I am taking must be working if you didn't pick up on a midwestern accent.:D
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007
    LOL........I couldn't tell who it was really, so yeah, they are working.:) I called Victor thinking it may have been him, but nope. We had a nice chat anyway. Reckon I owe you a call.

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    Carl, if you're dropping in on Mike, you'd better come here too. We're only 20 or so minutes apart. We can all do dinner or whatever and not to worry about your bed time, you can leave whenever you want or there's always the guest room.

Rich, I look forward to that root beer and perhaps getting my ears on your wicked set up.

Not to worry Jesse, I will be around in late Spring early Summer. My sister in law lives in Georgetown. I'm trying to get my US Senator (Arlen Spector) to ge me and my daughter a White House tour.

I'll bring some moldy cheese and maybe some foie gras. We'll break out the meerschaum pipes, some Borkum Riff, maybe some Louis Roederer, Cristal Brut 1990. Keith Allen is bringing the crackers.

Make sure you bring a change of short to Rich's or Norms. My next time out, I'm going to visit Victor and his Innersounds.

Carl
    Carl

• F1nut
    edited February 2007
    I'll bring some moldy cheese and maybe some foie gras. We'll break out the meerschaum pipes, some Borkum Riff, maybe some Louis Roederer, Cristal Brut 1990. Keith Allen is bringing the crackers.

My kinda party, see ya'll soon.

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Borkum Riff,
    Carl

Wow Carl that stuff was popular when I was in my teens. . . you must be and old dude!!!:p
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:

That's pretty funny Jess. Mouldy Cheese, I guess eating that make you a blue blood!

Unfortunetely I remember Brokum Riff.. . .Hell I used to roll it in top rolling papers and smoke it like a cig.
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007
    I use to prefer brands such as Panama Red and Mohican Gold. :D

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    I use to prefer brands such as Panama Red and Mohican Gold. :D

No stems, no seeds

That you don't need

Acapulco gold is . . . whooooshshhshshhh . . . badass weed!!!

Remember that one?
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007
    LOL....I plead memory loss.

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    edited February 2007
    Wow Carl that stuff was popular when I was in my teens. . . you must be and old dude!!!:p

I was smoking it while listening to Ronnie and the Daytona's singing "Sandy". This was the Winter after the Searcher's released "Love Potion Number Nine"

"I took my troubles down to Madame Rue.
    You know that gypsy with the gold capped tooth
    She's got a pad down on 34th and Vine,
    Selling little bottles of Love Potion #9.

I told her that I was a flop with chicks.
    I've been disgraced since 1956.
    She looked at my palm and she made a magic sign.
    She said what you need is Love Potion number 9.

She bent down and turned around and gave me a wink.
    She said I'm gonna make it up right here in the sink.
    It smelled like turpentine, and looked like Indian ink.
    I held my nose, I closed my eyes, I took a drink!

I didn't know if it was day or night.
    I started kissing everything in sight.
    But when I kissed a cop down on 34th and Vine.
    He broke my little bottle of Love Potion number 9."
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    LOL....I plead memory loss.

Acapulco gold is known to cause that, ask Tommy Chong.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    I was smoking it while listening to Ronnie and the Daytona's singing "Sandy". This was the Winter after the Searcher's released "Love Potion Number Nine"

"I took my troubles down to Madame Rue.
    You know that gypsy with the gold capped tooth
    She's got a pad down on 34th and Vine,
    Selling little bottles of Love Potion #9.

I told her that I was a flop with chicks.
    I've been disgraced since 1956.
    She looked at my palm and she made a magic sign.
    She said what you need is Love Potion number 9.

She bent down and turned around and gave me a wink.
    She said I'm gonna make it up right here in the sink.
    It smelled like turpentine, and looked like Indian ink.
    I held my nose, I closed my eyes, I took a drink!

I didn't know if it was day or night.
    I started kissing everything in sight.
    But when I kissed a cop down on 34th and Vine.
    He broke my little bottle of Love Potion number 9."

That is great stuff!!! You don't get it like that no mo!!!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    My next time out, I'm going to visit Victor and his Innersounds.

Carl
    You are welcome here anytime :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10