Ionic Breeze Air Purifier Thingy

2»

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    No, I only had one eye closed.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited February 2007
    Anyone ever use or currently still use tho Ionic breeze air purifiers?

I am currently have a hard time dealing with the air quality where I live and wondering how well these work? Also, do they remove alot of the dust particles from the air? I currently have 3 computers running at all times in my little apartment, as well as my home theater and numerous other electronics that I think are contributing to the poor air quality.

I live in a basement apartment with nothing but 1 tiny little window which is not optional to open.

What do you guys suggest?

And don't suggest for me to move, cause it's not an option at the moment.:p

I have been in the indoor air quality industry for over 16 years. The Ionic machine dose not work. They have been sued over the claims they have made. Buy a hepa style room air cleaner. They are the only type of units that work.
    I don't sell residential, but look at a company called Trion. I got my sister inlaw a Console 25 that worked well (toll free# 800-884-0002). Many others are out there. Search on line.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    347k9cg.jpg
    Dirty starting to make noise operating.

4039ngj.jpg

2hq54jq.jpg

4h9bwit.jpg
    First wipe round one.

2vjos1x.jpg
    Wipe 2 second round.

4g3t2lg.jpg
    Wipes I used today.

2pre9vn.jpg
    All nice & clean.

2pt1end.jpg
    Cleaning instructions.

2u8j6g6.jpg
    Unit itself I got cat to stay for 3 seconds for this shot ;) I used him for scale. Also note to the right is it home the circle in carpet.

2rdvy84.jpg
    Dust that can collect on outside of unit. Please not I don't have this near window or door way but more in the center of room. Room size is 25x12' with 10' ceilings.

I would buy again, so I asked this. If the Ionic Breeze is such a bad thing why hasn't the PC courts, the money hungry lawyers, the consumer groups ready too save all of us. Shut it DOWN, SUCKED LIVE out of Sharper Image. Anyone realize The Ionic Breeze as been a top selling for them for years now.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    I don't have an ionic breeze. but I do have a couple air ionizers bought off ebay. They do the exact same thing and cost 1/10th of the price.

I don't think its so great for filtering the air, however, they are good for removing odors. I use one in the room where I keep the dogs during the day and you can definitely tell a difference. They are also really good for removing odors from items. I just place the unit in front of the item and leave it on for a few hours.

If you want to try one, just get a cheap one off ebay and see if you like it.
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited February 2007
    Yeah and if you ran a HEPA for the same amount of time you'd collect about 25 times as much crap, but without the ozone.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • MSALLA
    edited February 2007
    If you put a particle counter in the room you would notice little decrease in levels. It dose remove some dirt. The only problem is once those plates get a coating of dirt on them thats as much dirt as it will hold. Also, it will not trap microscopic particles. Hepa will catch as small as .3 microns. That dirt you see on those plates and that rag are 10 microns and up. You want a room air cleanr to remove germs not just dust.
    But, if your happy with it, stick with it. They do sell the hell out of them. No lawyers have chased any suites because no one has been hurt buy the product so they have no big mony settelments to chase.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited February 2007
    Actually, there is a class action lawsuit that's started, but it'll probably go no where. If you carefully read the claims they make about the product, they're pretty sketchy, so you can't claim they're misleading. "Removes particles from the air!!!" Yes, it does. Just not many of them.

BTW, most the health impacts are <2.5 microns, but you still see effects up to 10 microns. Anything bigger and your lungs clear it just fine.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    I guess my problem to address now is finding the right size unit, the room I am trying to clean is under 1000 sq. ft.(990)
  • disneyjoe7
    edited February 2007
    MSALLA wrote:
    It dose remove some dirt. The only problem is once those plates get a coating of dirt on them thats as much dirt as it will hold.

Maybe that's why I need to clean plates every 8 - 10 weeks. It either makes a little noise or shuts off turning on a red light.

But, if your happy with it, stick with it. They do sell the hell out of them. No lawyers have chased any suites because no one has been hurt buy the product so they have no big mony settelments to chase.

I wonder if at least some of their sales aren't past Hepa filter people who got fed-up with the cost or trouble finding a filter years later. The cost of running one also 35w plus a hour adds up little by little. Another benefit of Ionic cleaners no noise, so if you don't like noise not a problem. If you're like me and like the fan noise now :rolleyes: the white noise noise maker as batteries in it so during a power failure in the middle of the night still making noise. The fan Hepa filter would shut off and I would wake up because the noise is not there, with the noise maker battery backup I can sleep like a baby Power on or Power off. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MSALLA
    edited February 2007
    Ya, I'm a noise guy too. We have a little fan we run at night. If it's not on, I can't sleep.
    Replacement filters can be a problem. Your better off buying from a long time company. Honywell is a good company but they only make small units. Good for like 200sqft. rooms.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • larryb52
    larryb52 Posts: 38
    edited February 2007
    I like the ion form Sharper Image *& I have asthma. I called the Asthma foundation & they find that they all have good & bad points but they will not recommend one over the other. I have had both just prefer the Ion collector as you go broke & nuts with filters & cost on the Hepa brands...FWIW look at Oreck they have a unit as well...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    Hmm... my entertainment center collects dust after a few weeks too, it must be cleaning the air!!! :rollseyes: Throw a fan in a corner of your house with a piece of cloth behind it,a nd watch how fast it gets dirty. Does that mean it's "cleaning your air"? Uhhh, no.

Also, off-topic, but Bagged, why are you running 3 PCs full-time? That seems blatantly unnecessary. I hope you're giving your parents some money for their electric bill.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited February 2007
    Bob, I feel anything that collects dust and or dirt is something I'm not breathing in myself is a plus. So if the Fan with cloth behind works for you then it's ok with me.

As far as the entertainment collecting dust sorry not a filter needs some kind of fan or air movement to qualify. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer