Where is Joey V?

MikeC78
MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Anyone know whatever happened to Joey?? Haven't seen him post on the forum in a long time, must be busy in med school?

Mike
Post edited by MikeC78 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    Lost in a sea of generic patch cords.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    :D LOL!!

I did find it quit amusing that he had a high dollar Plinius amp, and some high dollar tube pre sitting on some generic Ikea table. :)

I guess the priorities to some are different than others...

Mike
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007
    I've seen him posting on Audiogon, mostly about how good his ML's are and how much something costs. :rolleyes:

I do believe he thought of himself as too good for here even when there are a lot of folks here with much better gear and way more experience than he has. No loss in my book.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    I've seen him posting on Audiogon, mostly about how good his ML's are and how much something costs. :rolleyes:

I do believe he thought of himself as too good for here even when there are a lot of folks here with much better gear and way more experience than he has. No loss in my book.

;););)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,549
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:

I like your cheap shots Jesse.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Well, I guess now I won't have to log onto the ML forum again and look for ya! :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    :) There you are, I finally found you and have nothing to say.:D
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2007
    Been scrambling eggs on that Plinius for breakfast? :D
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    :) There you are, I finally found you and have nothing to say.:D
    Mike,

I was gone because:
    1. Too busy with school (surg).
    2. Really had nothing to say in Club Polk, kinda like a little break. But I did stop by once a week or so and see what was going on.

Still looking forward to the meet and all. Thanks for thinking of me though... ;) .

Joey
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    audiobliss wrote:
    Been scrambling eggs on that Plinius for breakfast? :D

Nah.. the Plinius is great, no upgrade itch yet.

Regarding the cables, I've been looking at Acoustic Zen Holograms due to their coolness.

Regarding the DAC, I've decided on the Cary 306SACD or the 306/200 cdp which has digital inputs (essentially a DAC) for my FLACs. Too bad the 306/200 costs 50% of the 306SACD on 'gon used... damn. But instead of getting a DAC and then a cdp, might as well get the whole thing in one spread.

Joey:D
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2007
    Joey_V wrote:
    Nah.. the Plinius is great, no upgrade itch yet.
    That's good!! :p
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007
    Joey_V wrote:
    I like your cheap shots Jessie.

Joie, No cheap shots, all are out in the open for anyone to read. For example.....
    Too bad the 306/200 costs 50% of the 306SACD on 'gon used... damn.

Cry me a river.

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2007
    Joey_V wrote:
    Regarding the cables, I've been looking at Acoustic Zen Holograms due to their coolness.
    Joey:D

I would of thought how the cable sounds would matter more.

RT1
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    Joie, No cheap shots, all are out in the open for anyone to read. For example.....

Cry me a river.
    Boo hoo...

Whatever Jesse, just have fun policing the Polk forum. It's what you do best. Get the last word and spread your knowledge. Hoorah for you.

I dont know what your beef is with me, but whatever it is, I suppose you cant stand me. That's fine, because in all reality, I cant stand you. And it's not just me, it's dozens other on this forum. So go on ahead and do that thing you do. It's great and I'm sure you love being behind your keyboard doing it.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    I would of thought how the cable sounds would matter more.

RT1

That's true, and they get good reviews. So, if I try it and dont like it, back to audiogon it goes. No big deal.
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007
    Well Joie, since you've taken the gloves off, you're a sniveling little putz with a total lack of common sense that will suit you well in your future career.

As for your comment about dozens of others. I'm blunt, no secret about it. Life is too short to worry about pleasing everyone, therefore I don't care.

XOXO

Edit:
    For the record, Joie. I didn't say I was the knowledgeable one as there are folks here with far more knowledge about audio than I. Although, they have been suggesting the same things to you as I have.

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2007
    If I were Joey, I'd be more concerned about Sean showing up with a bottle of chloroform and a jar of Vaseline, actually. ;)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • tonyb
    edited February 2007
    Joey is ok.Just don't understand him sometimes.Spends a truck load of dough putting together some nice gear but uses rat shack quality cables.Then gets his knickers in a twist when someone suggests to upgrade his cables.Now mentions he's looking at cables that cost more than some's entire system.
    Love ya Joey but you drive me nuts sometimes.:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pblanc
    pblanc Posts: 261
    edited February 2007
    Hot Damn! There ain't nothing better than a good flame contest!!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2007
    Saddle up,,lock and load,,,
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • tonyb
    edited February 2007
    Yeah,try and find one that DOESN'T involve Jesse.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,567
    edited February 2007
    You guys need a snickers to bring you together....

And when you get to that point, you can rip open your shirts and do something manly.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    Joey is ok.Just don't understand him sometimes.Spends a truck load of dough putting together some nice gear but uses rat shack quality cables.Then gets his knickers in a twist when someone suggests to upgrade his cables.Now mentions he's looking at cables that cost more than some's entire system.
    Love ya Joey but you drive me nuts sometimes.:D
    Tony my man,

Got to start somewhere. I was thinking of Signal, but I've always admired the Nordost and AZ cables... got to try them out sometime or another, might as well do it while I got the time. Wires are last, as I always said, but I'm looking at my options now moreso that before. I want to get the DAC/CDP out of the way first.

Love ya right back neighbor!
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    Well Joie, since you've taken the gloves off, you're a sniveling little **** with a total lack of common sense that will suit you well in your future career.

As for your comment about dozens of others. I'm blunt, no secret about it. Life is too short to worry about pleasing everyone, therefore I don't care.

Not to worry Jesse, if that's all you got, that's great. You're the big man on campus, I love it. Dont worry, I never made myself out to be the guy who has the answers or the guy with the 30+ years of audio experience. I could care less.

I'm the guy with 4 years of experience, and am indeed fresh meat compared to some of you guys. Sure, I get overzealous with audio gear but that's what makes this hobby so great, you can do whatever you want and get whichever gear you want. I remember you got a little ruffled cuz I posted prices on my gear and so I stopped, but you're still angry.

WOW... just cuz I didnt buy cables and a cdp ahead of time, I'm a ****? Does this make sense to anyone else?

Regarding my gear, sure it's not what you like or what you would spend your cash on... but who cares? Apparently you do if you are holding a grudge against a guy you havent met or even know remotely anythign about. And you go as far as insulting my career? That's awesome, Jesse! That's what you call "gloves off"? Great entertainment man!

And yeah, it's great being blunt and a jackass to half the people on this forum simply because you have experience and the post count to back it up right? You come up to any thread and you put in your one liner and you think you're doing a service to the Polk community?

YOu dont care what people think about you but you post a whole thread trying to clear up why you sold that tuner that Polk gave you. That makes sense.

No man... you're great!

It shouldnt even get to this, it's just gear, Jesse. Why harbor bad feelings for anyone on gear? It doesnt make sense to me. Whoop de doo... Joey didnt get a cdp or Joey is using FLAC or Joey frontloaded too much of his budget on the speakers, the amp, and the pre.. but his cables and source suck....

I understand if I overtly said something to you that pissed you off, that's fine, then I deserve whatever jackassness you can give me and I'll take it. But when you've got bad vibe for me based on gear and what I do with my money.... that doesnt make sense when you step back and evaluate it.

Then you insult my career.....? Awesome man.

Yay for you.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    :D LOL!!

I did find it quit amusing that he had a high dollar Plinius amp, and some high dollar tube pre sitting on some generic Ikea table. :)

I guess the priorities to some are different than others...

Mike

Got the rack my friend.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    pblanc wrote:
    Hot Damn! There ain't nothing better than a good flame contest!!

This isnt a flame contest. It's just another thread where Jesse tries to put his 2 cents in.

Edit:
    Misspelled Jesse's name by accident.
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    Joey_V wrote:
    Got the rack my friend.

:o I forgot about that new rack, my bad...

How do you like it now that you mentioned? I remember the whole thread, and really liked that one I think you settled on?

Mike
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    :(

I didn't know Joey was a sensitive subject around here?
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    :o I forgot about that new rack, my bad...

How do you like it now that you mentioned? I remember the whole thread, and really liked that one I think you settled on?

Mike

I like it quite a bit more than the Ikea table, that's for sure! LOL!

I got it as a Christmas gift, so I'm very happy with it.

I'm moving out sometime after this year so I hope to find a place with a decent living room and moving my gear there. The rack in the middle of the speakers is one of the things I'm looking forward to seeing. Kinda want a TV on the wall too though... it gets kinda lonely if it's all speakers, I realized this a few months back.

I hope you're doing fine man... I know you're back and all. Thanks for the service btw, if I never mentioned it before. You're a great guy.

As for the gear, like you read, I'm planning on getting the Cary SACD player here sometime soon... but I need to make sure I want my money going to that and not something else I might need.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    :(

I didn't know Joey was a sensitive subject around here?

Dont worry man... only to Jesse.

Troy, Russman, Anthony (amulford), and 99% of the Polk majority... they're all cool.

Jesse gets overzealous sometimes, and apparently, I'm his target for the week/month.

Dont worry Mike, it's all entertainment. ;)