Diagrams

Options
riglehart
riglehart Posts: 276
edited February 2007 in Vintage Speakers
What do you all think of posting some diagrams like this. I can do them and would expect some critiqueing. Do I have my Horiz/Vert terminology correct?

Seems like there are a lot of questions regarding Bi-amping and the associated AI-1. It is confusing for people (like me) when you have only owned simple set ups your whole life.

I can make a diagram for dual monoblocks, 4 amps, etc... I'm using MS Publisher and saving them as jpg. I could have really used something like this a year ago.

(Edit: Let me know how these look. When I open them after posting, my default viewer is IE and they look pretty crappy.)
(Edit2: Any ideas on how to post these and not loose resolution? What I'm uploading looks great.)
Jolida Tube
Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
Standard equip not worth bragging about.
Post edited by riglehart on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Looks good!
    Carl

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,003
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Rob, please read the following. The diagrams are incorrect.

Vertical bi-amp uses one stereo power amp for each loudspeaker. One channel on the top end and one amp channel on the bass. Horizontal bi-amping uses one stereo amplifier for both left and right bass speaker connections and the second power amplifier for the left and right treble and midrange connections.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• riglehart
    riglehart Posts: 276
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I think I see what you are saying. This could get complicated (lots of diagrams depending on speaker binding post options).
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
    Standard equip not worth bragging about.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I'm not getting the complete diagram. The sides are cut off.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited February 2007
    Options
    There are about 10 zillion web pages devoted to biamping, many of which have diagrams of the various schemes. Google it.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!