Amateur? or Professional?

Comments

• joeaudio26
    joeaudio26 Posts: 97
    edited February 2007
    Joelsbass wrote:
    Should we really be placing stock in the opinion of someone who thinks buying JBL qualifies as 'stepping up in the world'? Now JBL's not a bad company but if you're going to 'step up' at least throw out some names like Tru Tech, Us Amps, Adire, Rainbow, Focal, DLS, and the like...

Ya don't get to criticize another mans work until you've done your own Joe. Show us installs done by you and maybe we'll start to view your opinion as somewhat valid.

And FYI your reply on the other sites thread really makes you sound like an ****, is that how you want to represent yourself?

You trying to start beef with me son?....
    I'm madder than an legless Ethiopian, watching a doughnut rolling down the hill..:
    JBL happens to make good high end stuff. I don't know what you've been smoking.... :rolleyes:
    Whatsoever thy handfindeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is nor work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2007
    joeaudio26 wrote:
    Are you trying to say something ''Negitive'' about Will Castro?...:mad: ...:D

I dont have to. Somebody putting a picture of him in their sig says plenty on its on. :D
    I'm madder than an legless Ethiopian, watching a doughnut rolling down the hill..

I have to admit, thats pretty damn funny right there.
    JBL happens to make good high end stuff. I don't know what you've been smoking

And thats even funnier.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2007
    joeaudio26 wrote:
    You trying to start beef with me son?....
    I'm madder than an legless Ethiopian, watching a doughnut rolling down the hill..:
    JBL happens to make good high end stuff. I don't know what you've been smoking.... :rolleyes:

Check the join date 'son'. this was my first account on this website. I've probably been learning about car audio longer than you've been driving.

I can tell that you haven't been in this that long from the fact that you still think JBL is the ****. Don't get me wrong, they make a decent quality product but they are still a far cry from 'high end stuff'. When you can quote specs from Rainbow, Tru Tech, Adire, US Amps, Focal and others of their ilk, Companies who have developed their own technologies, then I might listen to your view of someone else's install. You've got a lot left to learn and believe me, a little humility about it goes a long way with those of us who have a passion about car audio that goes far beyond a simple hobby.

Adire: developed the XBL^2 Motor technology which effective flattens the BL curve. This leads to a drastically reduced THD at the lower frequencies. Typically about 1/4 of the THD of most subs at 20hz.

Us Amps and Tru Tech also have excelent THD's Slew Rates and Dampening factors (many of the US Amps amplifiers have dampening factors greater than 1000)

Rainbow and Focal have been long recognized as two of the best component manufacturers on the face of this planet. Rainbow actually has a 2 way component system that retails just shy of $3,200 and has the quality to justify it. (here's the link if you don't believe me http://www.speedsound.com/product.asp?specific=jojmpmkne )

That said, if you want beef I can give you the whole damn cow...

Joelsbass
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2007
    crappy internet... sorry for the double post...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    I dont have to. Somebody putting a picture of him in their sig says plenty on its on. :D

Is this some kind of metaphor? :rolleyes:
    Whatsoever thy handfindeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is nor work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
  • joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    MTXMAN wrote:
    Check the join date 'son'. this was my first account on this website. I've probably been learning about car audio longer than you've been driving.

I can tell that you haven't been in this that long from the fact that you still think JBL is the . Don't get me wrong, they make a decent quality product but they are still a far cry from 'high end stuff'. When you can quote specs from Rainbow, Tru Tech, Adire, US Amps, Focal and others of their ilk, Companies who have developed their own technologies, then I might listen to your view of someone else's install. You've got a lot left to learn and believe me, a little humility about it goes a long way with those of us who have a passion about car audio that goes far beyond a simple hobby.

''WTF'' are you trying to say ! you claim to be the best? At what inserting foot in mouth. If you want beef, I'll shove the cow down your damn throat.

Join date/post # does not= knowledge in car audio dumbass..
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2007
    MTXMAN wrote:
    That said, if you want beef I can give you the whole damn cow...

MTXMAN is back!!! :D:D

Lay off it, joe. Accept defeat. Or suffer the effects of denial 'til dejection sends you off.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    audiobliss wrote:

MTXMAN is back!!! :D:D

Lay off it, joe. Accept defeat. Or suffer the effects of denial 'til dejection sends you off.

This is ab conversation, C you're way out of this audioblisster
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited February 2007
    joeaudio26 wrote:
    ''WTF'' are you trying to say ! you claim to be the best? At what inserting foot in mouth. If you want beef, I'll shove the cow down your damn throat.

I don't claim to be the best, there are many out there (and in these forums) who know more than I and I freely admit that fact and have learned a great deal from them. I just know more than you and have been at this longer than you. A little humility goes a long way toward actually learning something of value around here. Some of the greatest contributers this forum has ever seen have sadly moved on to other things, I remember when posts from PoweredByDodge were common place but it seems life has kept him from keeping it up. PBD and Jstas are two of the most knowledgeable members on this board and the vast majority of what I have learned has come from sitting at their feet listening to what they could tell me. From the look of things Exalted and Mac have stepped up lately and have been filling the Guru shoes quite nicely. Listen to what these guys have to say and drop the pretense and attitude and you will leave here wiser and more knowledgeable than you came.

From your posts so far you come across as another high school kid with a lot of attitude who thinks he knows a lot more than he actually does. I should know, I used to be the same way. There's a reason we have 2 ears and only one mouth, you should listen twice as much as you speak.

Oh yeah, next time you quote me ya mind not putting your text in my quote?
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited February 2007
    I see things are getting a little heated.........
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    Actually, high school was 8 years ago. I don't have an attitude I've never said or claimed to be the best.
    I enjoy listening to others, who been around the block more
    There are many on this forum who are wise beyond their years in audio.
    Thanks for the kind words and toning done you're oral cavity.....:D
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    joeaudio26 wrote:
    This is ab conversation, C you're way out of this audioblisster

You really need to pay more attention to who you insult, you've been gunning for some of the most respected and knowledgeable members of this forum... allow me to point some things out for ya...

audiobliss: 3yrs 2 months - 8,699 Posts
    exalted512 : 2yrs 11 months - 5,978 posts (and if i remember right this is his second SN here)
    MacLeod: 3yrs 2 months - 10,287 posts
    Jstas: 4yrs 2 months - 3,460 posts
    and myself: 3yrs 8 months - 1,214 posts since my original SN of MTXMan

Not to mention the Polk Installers Josh and Thom.

You want to throw down with anyone on that list and you're stepping into a battle of wits for which you are ill prepared.

Play nice however and we'll gladly share our knowledge and expertise with you.

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited February 2007
    I heard that some of TRU's amps actually work...

:D
  • joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    Joelsbass wrote:
    You really need to pay more attention to who you insult, you've been gunning for some of the most respected and knowledgeable members of this forum... allow me to point some things out for ya...

audiobliss: 3yrs 2 months - 8,699 Posts
    exalted512 : 2yrs 11 months - 5,978 posts (and if i remember right this is his second SN here)
    MacLeod: 3yrs 2 months - 10,287 posts
    Jstas: 4yrs 2 months - 3,460 posts
    and myself: 3yrs 8 months - 1,214 posts since my original SN of MTXMan

Not to mention the Polk Installers Josh and Thom.

You want to throw down with anyone on that list and you're stepping into a battle of wits for which you are ill prepared.

Play nice however and we'll gladly share our knowledge and expertise with you.

I'm sure those guys are an asset to the forum.
    Let me say this, some people join forums who have been doing car audio for Along time and know more than I and you.
    Lets say someone, who posted 500,000 times and knows nothing.

My point is post numbers don't equal knowledge in audio....
    All the guys who you listed, some I know, some I don't. I Read through and enjoy the expertise Advice is why we all joined right?
    so let's just sit back read and learn.....Most of all be nice....;)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    edited February 2007
    Im sorry Jolesbass

Relating Audiobliss's knowledge to his post count would be.... haha, I dont know.

Mike's a great guy, by far. Probally one of the nicest yall ever meet, but his 9,000 post definitely isnt a mind blowing knowledge base by any means either.

Other than that, your list is excellent.

And I know JoeAudio didnt just say the AB C your way out of it thing... what on earth.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited February 2007
    I personally pay attention to what a persons says, not a post count.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    And I know JoeAudio didnt just say the AB C your way out of it thing... what on earth.

musta grown up in the 80's lol

I've always preferred the 'This is a taco burrito conversations, Nachos!' :p
    Thom wrote:
    I heard that some of TRU's amps actually work...

LOL

I'm curious about something Thom, kinda off topic but heck i think we were already there lol... You've been to CES right? I've seen Alpine take best in show a lot with their REALLY unique installs, definitely some cool customization but how do their cars sound with those installs? are they setup for quality at all or just for flashy looks?

• MacLeod
    edited February 2007
    joeaudio26 wrote:
    audioblister

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!! Audioblister?!?! Thats effing hilarious!!

And bring back MTXMAN!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    what you prefer MTXMan to joelsbass?

Maybe I should start over again with my new SN standard CartesianLogic (also my Xbox360 gamertag lol)

• MacLeod
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, MTXMAN just looks like it had more attitude. I associate MTX with powerhouse **** whoopery.

Joelsbass makes you sound like a hippy. :D

• audiobliss
    edited February 2007
    Thanks, Sid. Your input is always appreciated. ;)
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2007
    Joelsbass wrote:
    I remember when posts from PoweredByDodge were common place but it seems life has kept him from keeping it up. PBD and Jstas are two of the most knowledgeable members on this board and the vast majority of what I have learned has come from sitting at their feet listening to what they could tell me. From the look of things Exalted and Mac have stepped up lately and have been filling the Guru shoes quite nicely.
    Hey, Ive been here longer than any other member that still frequents the car audio board:eek:
    -Cody
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    I knew you had an old SN, just couldn't remember it cody. Maybe we should all go back to our old monikers lol.

• VR3
    edited February 2007
    I have another name with about 2,300 post. Haha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2007
    I have another name with about 2,300 post. Haha
    When did that one start? January of 2003?:p
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Red230SX
    Red230SX Posts: 211
    edited February 2007
    When I do an install I get all my wiring in order, get out my rolls of electrical tape, my solder, soldering gun and heat shrink tubing. I start off by striping wires back 1/2" per wire and twisting the wires tightly. Then I put a piece of heat shrink tubing on one side of my harness and I lay wires together in an X pattern and then braid them together so I am left with a straight wire splice. I then thoroughly solder the connection, slide the heat shrink tubing over the solder joint and shrink it.

After I have all my connections soldered and shrunk to my liking I then carefully bundle all the wires neatly and wrap them with good vulcanizing electrical tape to form a OEM type harness.

This is the way I've always done it, my wiring jobs are always flawless I am VERY particular about wiring because I am not real keen on short circuits and fires.... I've been inside one of my cars that caught fire because of the previous smack off's bad wiring job.... Fortunatly I had an extinguisher handy.....

If your not going to do it right, why do it at all!
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    exalted512 wrote:
    When did that one start? January of 2003?:p
    -Cody

LMAO

that was all HT anyway :p

when'd you start spending more time on the dark side sid?

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2007
    Since he turned 16...and its not the dark side anymore...I always did like the other layout better...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    Yeah I liked the other layout as well...

Nah, I think I joined this site in May of 2002.

I been here a long freaking time. Jesus.

I don't venture here to often, just to take a cheap shot at Audiobliss every once in a blue moon. ;)