Amateur? or Professional?

joeaudio26
joeaudio26 Posts: 97
edited February 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
95Thunderbird-hack.jpg

This beautiful 95 thunderbird was brought to Rich's car tunes to have rear speakers and voice module added to the existing pioneer audio system.Whoever installed the system must of found a good deal on black tape! most of the wires behind the head unit were taped together with many layers of tape. The natural vibration over time will loosen the connections and lead to a failure of the system..
Whatsoever thy handfindeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is nor work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
Post edited by joeaudio26 on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    What is that? Nissan? Toyota? Mazda?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • vawakemonster
    vawakemonster Posts: 131
    edited February 2007
    I think its a ford thunderbird
    Dodge Dakota
    HU: Pioneer
    Amp: Profile AP600 & Phoenix gold r2.5:2
    Speakers: Boston SX 6.5 components
    Subwoofer: polk mm2104
  • joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    I think its a ford thunderbird

I'll guess FORD!....
    Whatsoever thy handfindeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is nor work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    audiobliss wrote:
    Ceiling%20Cat.gif
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2007
    joeaudio26 wrote:
    This beautiful 95 thunderbird...
    audiobliss wrote:
    youre making good grades in college???
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    OK just because you get paid to put a stereo in doesnt mean you are a professional........... I have seen industrial (union electricians ) use wire nuts hang the connection outside of the conduit throw the covers away and then actually say I do the electrical work around here not you ........underneath my breath damn right you are and you can tell.....thats why your boss called me in.....
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2007
    joeaudio26 wrote:
    The natural vibration over time will loosen the connections and lead to a failure of the system..

Bull feathers.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    ROFLMREO!!!! Man, I totally missed that.

I wondered why someone just out of the blue nailed it down as being a Thunderbird.....drrrr.

I might actually read the next post I get to.

NOT! :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2007
    I say it was "professionally" installed at a BB or CC.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited February 2007
    AWWWW....that makes me wanna cry! Why would anyone do that to a Thunderbird? Makes me miss my T-bird.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2007
    you sure do love critisizing other peoples work. where are the pics of your installs?

Chuck Norris uses hotsauce for eye drops
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited February 2007
    Josh wrote:
    you sure do love critisizing other peoples work. where are the pics of your installs?

the man's got a point. bundling wires together is a fairly common practice, most of the stock wiring is bundled like that by the manufacturer, helps keep it compact so everything fits better. I don't really see anything that looks all that off from that picture. and I have yet to see 'pretty' wiring in any install no matter how nice it looks from outside, it's still a bundle of wires behind the dash.
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • exalted512
    edited February 2007
    Joelsbass wrote:
    the man's got a point. bundling wires together is a fairly common practice, most of the stock wiring is bundled like that by the manufacturer, helps keep it compact so everything fits better. I don't really see anything that looks all that off from that picture. and I have yet to see 'pretty' wiring in any install no matter how nice it looks from outside, it's still a bundle of wires behind the dash.
    if my truck ever works again, all my wires will be neat everywhere...
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited February 2007
    Josh wrote:

Chuck Norris uses hotsauce for eye drops

You talking to me? I was only commenting on the rats nest of wiring with electrical tape. I hate electrical tape on wiring. It just causes a mess and I had a Thunderbird and I know what is in the dash. There is a heating vent duct that runs directly behind the head unit and it heats up the wires enough to melt the electrical tape glue. Mainly because it's so big that when the HU is installed, especially one as large as the one in the picture, it pins the wires right up against the duct or wedges them behind the climate controls. It gets soft and squishy and then gets everywhere. I actually had a wire get grounded out on the climate controls and it killed my dash lights until I figured out what was going on.

What is it with everyone getting on my case lately?

• exalted512
    edited February 2007
    could be wrong, but i think he was talking to the person who started the thread
    -Cody
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited February 2007
    X2 on the electrical tape. Been there, done that, and cleaned up the mess.

I find if I'll be installing the same equipment from car to successive car, I'll bundle and zap strap the unused wires so as not to cut them, and lately have taken to slipping heat shrink tubing over the wire bundle to get an easy to remove, insulated package that can be tucked out of sight behind the radio.

Most big box installers don't have the time or expend the effort to tidily stow excess wire...after all- time is money ;) .

Yet another reason to do your own installs.
  • exalted512
    edited February 2007

Most big box installers don't have the time or expend the effort to tidily stow excess wire...after all- time is money ;) .

Yet another reason to do your own installs.
    exactly. I use zip ties a lot on customers vehicles to where it looks better than whats posted, but its not exactly sparkling clean either.
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    What is it with everyone getting on my case lately?

Easy killer. Hes talking about Joeaudio. This is like the 15th thread on at least 2 different forums he's started about people's ghetto installs.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Whoa, wait. The reason I posted that is that joe seems to cross post between here and carsound.com a lot. I was just copy pasting a comment from there. Sorry about the confusion. Here's the thread I'm referencing:

http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum//showthread.php?t=64415
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2007
    Good grief Josh. Next thing you know, youll be talking about his momma next.

:D:p

• Jstas
    edited February 2007
    Well geez! Quote the monkey-**** next time! :p

BTW, I'm glad I'm not the only one irked by this guy's prickish attitude.

• Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    Should we really be placing stock in the opinion of someone who thinks buying JBL qualifies as 'stepping up in the world'? Now JBL's not a bad company but if you're going to 'step up' at least throw out some names like Tru Tech, Us Amps, Adire, Rainbow, Focal, DLS, and the like...

Ya don't get to criticize another mans work until you've done your own Joe. Show us installs done by you and maybe we'll start to view your opinion as somewhat valid.

And FYI your reply on the other sites thread really makes you sound like an ****, is that how you want to represent yourself?

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    Good grief Josh. Next thing you know, youll be talking about his momma next.

:D:p

I've been on a "your momma" kick lately, too. But let's not start that again. I remember someone going into hiding for about a year.
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2007
    Joelsbass wrote:
    Should we really be placing stock in the opinion of someone who thinks buying JBL qualifies as 'stepping up in the world'? Now JBL's not a bad company but if you're going to 'step up' at least throw out some names like Tru Tech, Us Amps, Adire, Rainbow, Focal, DLS, and the like...

Ya don't get to criticize another mans work until you've done your own Joe. Show us installs done by you and maybe we'll start to view your opinion as somewhat valid.

And FYI your reply on the other sites thread really makes you sound like an ****, is that how you want to represent yourself?

You shouldve seen it when he had a picture of Wil Castro from Unique Whips as his signature.

...........yo momma is so fat, when she jumps up in the air - she gets stuck.

• exalted512
    edited February 2007
    i like this one:
    Yo mama so fat she went to the movies and sat next to everyone
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    Yo mama so nasty she's got more funk than George Clinton!

if you got the reference you get a cookie :p

• Jstas
    edited February 2007
    Joelsbass wrote:
    Yo mama so nasty she's got more funk than George Clinton!

if you got the reference you get a cookie :p

GIMMIE MAH COOKIE!

DAMNIT!

• Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    *gives Jstas a cookie*

Hope you like peanut butter...

• joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    You shouldve seen it when he had a picture of Wil Castro from Unique Whips as his signature.

...........yo momma is so fat, when she jumps up in the air - she gets stuck.

Are you trying to say something ''Negitive'' about Will Castro?...:mad: ...:D