Sex vs. clothes: Women come out of the closet

Options

Comments

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    Rick do you ever see ME in the so called tasteful babe thread? NO! Why? because it isn't tasteful. A woman certainly didn't start that thread! No woman with any kind of self respect would wear clothes that barely cover. But you guys aren't interested in looking at those of us who do cover up but still look eleagant & tasteful.
    Interested in looking at and being with are two different things ...
    cfrizz wrote:
    Even when we do some uncovering, you still drool over some other younger woman. Or you just think of the sex you want to get from her wearing less.
    Drool ? ... No ... Look ? ... Sure ... Women do the same thing, they're just a little more discreet about it ...
    cfrizz wrote:
    Rick, if you are married, check out your wife's closet & see what she's got and what she looks really good in & think about the last time you told her that she looked hot in it & really meant it! If she can't gather your attention with a nice tasteful outfit then that says more about you not her.:p
    Regardless of how my wife looks to anyone else ... She'd be "hot" to me regardless of what she wore ... That's more about the fact that I know she's beautiful where it counts then anything else ... The other kind of "beauty" is only skin deep ...
  • atrustsd
    atrustsd Posts: 27
    edited February 2007
    Options
    2nd's is so bad in fact it can be pretty good. Takes away the guilt and more than happy to lend a helping hand.
  • pblanc
    pblanc Posts: 261
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Sex versus clothes? Nine times out of ten, I would go for sex over clothes. There are certain circumstances in which clothes might be preferable to sex, however. A few that come to mind: 1. Your inlaws are over for dinner 2. An important job interview 3. Most court appearances 4. Shopping for groceries at the Piggly Wiggly 4. Cross-country skiing in Minnesota in February.

Doubtless there are one or two others that escape my mind at the moment. Maybe someone could help me out here?
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited February 2007
    Options
    atrustsd wrote:
    2nd's is so bad in fact it can be pretty good. Takes away the guilt and more than happy to lend a helping hand.

What???????????
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    Options
    MSALLA wrote:
    What???????????

They've been posting nonsense replies all over the place. I'm betting a few more and we'll get some sort of advertisement.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • atrustsd
    edited February 2007
    Options
    MSALLA wrote:
    What???????????
    Shop first and than come back and pay the piper
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited February 2007
    Options
    look up all of atrustd posts and put them togehter, and maybe it'll make scene, I don't know just thinking out loud.

Oh Yeah, and I'd give up sex for a year for a pre/pro, a good center, and a set of surrounds oh yeah and a 3 channel amp, and an svs. Ok fine 5 years,just don't tell my wife, who doesn't care about clothes, it's sex,sex,sex and more sex, can I get a brake. I mean come on I'm not a machine I'll make her pass out, and 15 min later she ready for round 2,3,4... just pick a number.
  • atrustsd
    edited February 2007
    Options
    This is atrustsd no mal-intent here. I 'm fairly new here and I am just trying to get in my 25 post, than I can post in the for sale section.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote:
    They've been posting nonsense replies all over the place. I'm betting a few more and we'll get some sort of advertisement.
    atrustsd wrote:
    This is atrustsd no mal-intent here. I 'm fairly new here and I am just trying to get in my 25 post, than I can post in the for sale section.

I think you were right, bobman!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • atrustsd
    edited February 2007
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    I think you were right, bobman!!
    I don't know exactly what was meant by that reply but I am also not trying to sell anything either or advertise. I want to buy things. I did not make up the posting rules just trying to abide by them. I hope this clear up the matter.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited February 2007
    Options
  • PolkWannabie
    edited February 2007
    Options
  • MSALLA
    edited February 2007
    Options
    atrustsd wrote:

This dose not go over well here. Ask some questions. Get involved in conversations in the club house. But NEVER post useless ****! Thats not to be done.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • MSALLA
    edited February 2007
    Options
    look up all of atrustd posts and put them togehter, and maybe it'll make scene, I don't know just thinking out loud.

Oh Yeah, and I'd give up sex for a year for a pre/pro, a good center, and a set of surrounds oh yeah and a 3 channel amp, and an svs. Ok fine 5 years,just don't tell my wife, who doesn't care about clothes, it's sex,sex,sex and more sex, can I get a brake. I mean come on I'm not a machine I'll make her pass out, and 15 min later she ready for round 2,3,4... just pick a number.

Dude, WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?!?!?!
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • pblanc
    pblanc Posts: 261
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Will trade audio gear for wife. Send pics.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited February 2007
    Options
    pblanc wrote:
    Will trade audio gear for wife. Send pics.
    what kind of gear ya got?:D LMAOOOOO
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    Rick do you ever see ME in the so called tasteful babe thread? NO! Why? because it isn't tasteful. A woman certainly didn't start that thread! No woman with any kind of self respect would wear clothes that barely cover.

Hate to say this, but I think it's because you couldn't get paid to do it. Are you really telling me that you wouldn't do it for $50K for a 3 day shoot? I know several women who have been in those types of shoots (Some of which are in that thread ;) ) and they are extremely smart and have a lot of self respect. Granted: some of the women who do this are morons (See the show "Beauty and the Geek"), but the ones I know are smart and can use it to make a living or as a weapon to get a promotions. Now, I would mention that they don't go out wearing nearly nothing, but the clothes are typically more revealing than what you are prescribing.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2007
    Options
    James, the women you are talking about are a very small minority in the US, and represent a fantasy for the fashion industry & you guys.

A good chunk of the population of women can't fit into or afford these clothes.

Now maybe that is a sad state of affairs but that is the way it is.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MSALLA
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    James, the women you are talking about are a very small minority in the US, and represent a fantasy for the fashion industry & you guys.

A good chunk of the population of women can't fit into or afford these clothes.

Now maybe that is a sad state of affairs but that is the way it is.

I disagree. Most of the women I know in the 20 to 40 range like to keep in shape and eat healthy. It's has become the trend to belong to a health club. My wife is a size 3 and has had 4 kids. (I on the other hand could stand to shed some lbs.) Not all the women are super models, but most could hold their own on that thread.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Exactly, with the airbrushing and make-up most women can be comparable. Not in the same league in real life, but comparable in a photo.

But the point is women should be able to dress how they like. Saying that dressing provocativly is bad is very, uh, judgemental. Some dress provocatively for attention, others because they can actually pull it off. Some girl who is 40lbs overweight shouldn't be wearing the hip huggers and belly shirt, however, on who is in shape can pull it off without looking trashy.

Some women do dress this way for attention, others for money or power. Who are we to judge?

Attitude and physique have a lot to do with what clothes make someone ****/sexy/hot/classy/etc...

I have also found that most, if not all, of the women who criticize the provacative style of dress are ones that don't have "it" to pull off that style of clothing. For the poster who said beauty is just a light switch away? Well, it's more fun with the lights on! ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • PolkWannabie
    edited February 2007
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    I have also found that most, if not all, of the women who criticize the provacative style of dress are ones that don't have "it" to pull off that style of clothing.
    Ruh Roh ...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Blast from the past. Some funny stuff here. :D
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited November 2019
    Options
    This shouldn't be a mutually exclusive question. I would be happy to help with both. Just ask my wife. :-{)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Blast from the past. Some funny stuff here. :D

Gotta laugh! Love it when Cathy smacks em all down and puts all the guys back in their place!

And, wondering about the "tasteful babes" thread? Long gone I suppose! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    Options
    Oh, yeah. Gone for good. Damnit. One more example of a few ruining it for the masses. Bunch of BS if you ask me.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    Yep, gone due to a single social justice warrior who had just joined, raised a stink and promptly left as soon as the thread was removed. Shame on Polk for being suckered.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Funny thread for sure
    Randy/Maine
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited November 2019
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    And, wondering about the "tasteful babes" thread? Long gone I suppose! :smile:
    Here ya go....
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188596/the-new-and-improved-tasteful-hottie-thread-open-at-your-own-risk/p1
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    The guy that thinks most women are a size 3 is seriously out of touch....wow
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    K_M wrote: »
    The guy that thinks most women are a size 3 is seriously out of touch....wow

Or has uncompromisingly high standards...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson