Sex vs. clothes: Women come out of the closet

Options
MrNightly
MrNightly Posts: 3,370
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Sex vs clothes: women come out of the closet.
Tue Feb 6, 9:39 AM ET

NEW YORK, Feb 5 (Reuters Life!) - For most women, the choice between sex and a new wardrobe is simple -- they go for the clothes.

Women on average say they would be willing to give up sex for 15 months for a closet full of new apparel, with 2 percent ready to abstain from sex for three years in exchange for new duds, according to a new survey of about 1,000 women in 10 U.S. cities.
Sixty-one percent of women polled said it would be worse to lose their favorite article of clothing than give up sex for a month.

"Some people say clothes make the man, but the right clothes can even replace him," fashion designer, stylist and TV personality Carson Kressley from the reality TV show "**** Eye for the Straight Guy" said in a statement accompanying the poll.

The study also suggested that clothes often wear better than relationships.

The average woman between 18 and 54 years of age has hung on to her favorite article of clothing for 12 and a half years, a year longer than she's held on to her longest relationship.

Almost three-quarters of respondents, or 70 percent, also said they believed in love at first sight when it came to finding the perfect article of clothing, while only 54 percent of women were as confident in spotting the right man.

Nearly half of the women, or 48 percent, taking part in the survey by consumer products giant Unilever said their favorite article of clothing was more reliable than their man in giving them confidence and making them feel sexy.
Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Post edited by MrNightly on

Comments

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2007
    Options
    That's not really what they mean, is it ? ... What I think they mean is that with a closet full of new clothes they're likely to get a whole lot more "attention", or at least that's the perception.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I will give up sex for a month for a new set of speaks.....
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2007
    Options
    venomclan wrote:
    I will give up sex for a month for a new set of speaks.....

Erg.... Resisting... obvious.... come back..... ;)
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Refefer wrote:
    Erg.... Resisting... obvious.... come back..... ;)

LOL, fight it Ref, I believe in ya...
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2007
    Options
    :D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! That is a riot!:D :D:D

And Rick, it means exactly what is says. Your interpretation is wrong!:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    Options
    My wife wouldnt let me give up sex , when I say no just for fun she takes it anyway ....not a bad arrangement. Dont give up sex just give them more and get them to say yes to your purchase while she is dazed and confused!!!
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I'm doomed....:(

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2007
    Options
    WTG DOK! Now there's a man who must really be doing something right!!!!

Wes, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    :D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! That is a riot!:D :D:D

And Rick, it means exactly what is says. Your interpretation is wrong!:D
    Really ? ... You mean clothes that barely cover have merits other than to gather attention ? ... Witness the tasteful babe thread ... Women buy this stuff because "it makes them feel good" ? ... :confused:
  • Deadof_knight
    edited February 2007
    Options
    She is my soul mate or cell mate however it happens she will be right there..... My wife has sooo many clothes she doesnt look for much now when it comes to finding a muscle car in the field look out .Thats why we are building another 3 car garage........

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Women would love to have a man that could buy her all the clothes she wanted. He might even get lucky and have sex on his Birthday and Christmas:eek:
    Carl

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited February 2007
    Options
    She is my soul mate or cell mate however it happens she will be right there..... My wife has sooo many clothes she doesnt look for much now when it comes to finding a muscle car in the field look out .Thats why we are building another 3 car garage........

Does she have a sister?:D ;)

Carl
    Carl

• Deadof_knight
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Women like the clothes because it makes them feel sexy becuase of our reactions... to the nice clothes.........

Finding cars is great dont get me wrong I like working on things that go fast....most men dream of that but there are times when it gets to be lil too many projects.... Now I go listen too my 1.2's for a little while have a drink and life is ......well just life after that, instead of that huge pile of things too do.

she has one but she is married , thats always the case the good ones are taken........But believe you me she's nothing like my wife... She is normal clothes freak!!!!

• Deadof_knight
    edited February 2007
    Options
    1 3000 gt vr-4 bought out of a field for 700.00 and then bought a 4 bolt new motor for 1100.00
    1 73 challenger back burner right now
    69 mach 1 mustang with a soon to be bullet proof 351 stroked to something like 390 cu inch. (this one will get you in trouble saturday nights already)
    1 70 4-speed 350 cu inch nova Frankenstein motor man she is fun to twist up.
    2- 72 chevy trucks one short one long ( workhorses)
    86 Rx7 400hp 6 speed in the works cant wait to screw with the rice burners in town when its done. darn job is getting in the way though.
    recently bought a 85 chevy short bed truck 350 bucks my wife was like buy it now ! so there it sets

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Wow, you've got a few cars there I'd love to have! I wanna see some pics! Start a separate thread about your car projects, post pics, and gimme some more details!! :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Deadof_knight
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Will do I will have to get home to get some Digital pics. My wife tells me the 3000 will be stock but hey after market is a lil cheaper sooooo the stock car will lets say run a little faster than stock hahaha.....its all stock honey really !!!

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Well, the study proves that men and clothes share one commonality -- women love to wear both of them out.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Rick do you ever see ME in the so called tasteful babe thread? NO! Why? because it isn't tasteful. A woman certainly didn't start that thread! No woman with any kind of self respect would wear clothes that barely cover. But you guys aren't interested in looking at those of us who do cover up but still look eleagant & tasteful.

Even when we do some uncovering, you still drool over some other younger woman. Or you just think of the sex you want to get from her wearing less.

Rick, if you are married, check out your wife's closet & see what she's got and what she looks really good in & think about the last time you told her that she looked hot in it & really meant it! If she can't gather your attention with a nice tasteful outfit then that says more about you not her.:p
    Really ? ... You mean clothes that barely cover have merits other than to gather attention ? ... Witness the tasteful babe thread ... Women buy this stuff because "it makes them feel good" ? ... :confused:
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited February 2007
    Options
    (cfrizz wrote. But you guys aren't interested in looking at those of us who do cover up but still look eleagant & tasteful.

Even when we do some uncovering, you still drool over some other younger woman. Or you just think of the sex you want to get from her wearing less.) Personally speaking. a great personality for me is the one thing i need in a relationship. looks and beauty are a distant 3 or 4th. I would marry a good cook :D beauty is only a light switch away anyhow lol. as far as younger women go,women dont even start to look good till they hit 40 as far as im concerned. and if you have a good relationship your wife will always look good to you because she is the person you care about no matter how many grey hairs she gets or how many more lbs she had added over the years.she will always look desireable. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,277
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    No woman with any kind of self respect would wear clothes that barely cover.

She doesn't need to have self-respect; we've got all the respect she'll ever need (or want).

:rolleyes:
    cfrizz wrote:
    But you guys aren't interested in looking at those of us who do cover up but still look eleagant & tasteful.

I am ! :)

Nothing hotter than a pleasant woman in a black business pantsuit.
    Sal Palooza
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2007
    Options
    OMG! Snow! Why are you all the way in AK? Are you married? If so, do you have a brother?;) :):)
    snow wrote:
    (cfrizz wrote. But you guys aren't interested in looking at those of us who do cover up but still look eleagant & tasteful.

Even when we do some uncovering, you still drool over some other younger woman. Or you just think of the sex you want to get from her wearing less.)

Personally speaking. a great personality for me is the one thing i need in a relationship. looks and beauty are a distant 3 or 4th. I would marry a good cook :D beauty is only a light switch away anyhow lol. as far as younger women go,women dont even start to look good till they hit 40 as far as im concerned. and if you have a good relationship your wife will always look good to you because she is the person you care about no matter how many grey hairs she gets or how many more lbs she had added over the years.she will always look desireable. REGARDS SNOW
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    WTG DOK! Now there's a man who must really be doing something right!!!!

Wes, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I may not have a girl, but at least I have a sense of humor. That will get me a lot farther in the end.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Very true Wes. Guys with a sense of humor are very attractive.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Cathy are you hitting on all the guys here?

Interesting... ;)

Needing a little loving or something?

Just playing with ya...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• snow
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote. (Why are you all the way in AK? Are you married? If so, do you have a brother.) I am all the way in alaska because i love it here. No im not married. Yes i have 2 brothers. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2007
    Options
    :D Only the guys who are single, and who have been raised properly as far as their attitudes towards women goes!;) :p:D

And that DEFINATELY knocks you out of the picture consider your signature under your name!:D
    MrNightly wrote:
    Cathy are you hitting on all the guys here?

Interesting... ;)

Needing a little loving or something?

Just playing with ya...
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Touche

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    Rick do you ever see ME in the so called tasteful babe thread? NO! Why? because it isn't tasteful. A woman certainly didn't start that thread! No woman with any kind of self respect would wear clothes that barely cover. But you guys aren't interested in looking at those of us who do cover up but still look eleagant & tasteful.

Even when we do some uncovering, you still drool over some other younger woman. Or you just think of the sex you want to get from her wearing less.

Rick, if you are married, check out your wife's closet & see what she's got and what she looks really good in & think about the last time you told her that she looked hot in it & really meant it! If she can't gather your attention with a nice tasteful outfit then that says more about you not her.:p

NOT TRUE.........We look at ALL women:D . Every guy dose and if he says he dose not, he is fibbing. It's all how a women carries herself. You can't hide true beauty with clothes. NOTHING MATTERS, not age, hair color, nothing.
    If a women has an outgoing personality, thats even better. Personality makes up for almost everything. It will turn a 5 to a 10.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • snow
    edited February 2007
    Options
    If a women has an outgoing personality, thats even better. Personality makes up for almost everything. It will turn a 5 to a 10. True and a 10 with an attitude turns into a 2 real fast. REGARDS SNOW
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Your right. A bad attitude will make a super model look like a 2 or even a 0.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880