Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
You're legit now. :D
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    It was better than letting Grossman become "legit" that's for sure. That guy blows.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2007
    My congrats to the Colts and their fans.

I still thanks the Bear for a great season and playoff run, I hope Rex Grossman works really hard over the off season.

Two High Quality Coaches who know how to act with style.

RT1
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Wrecks Grossman needs to be cut.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2007
    The outcome of that had been decided by the end of the first qtr. As soon as Manning got on track it was done.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited February 2007
    Let's hope ole Rex builds his arm strength over the offseason so he can throw bullets instead of lollypops.

Still, he was the best the Bears had and finished ahead of that old phart Favre who sux even more these days with back to back seasons in the bottom 5 of the nfl.

I got real tired of hearing how dominant the Bears defense was all year because they weren't. The NFC is just weak these days. Give me the '85 defense against anyone.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Let's hope ole Rex builds his arm strength over the offseason so he can throw bullets instead of lollypops.

Still, he was the best the Bears had and finished ahead of that old phart Favre who sux even more these days with back to back seasons in the bottom 5 of the nfl.

I got real tired of hearing how dominant the Bears defense was all year because they weren't. The NFC is just weak these days. Give me the '85 defense against anyone.

You should brush up on those stats after you wipe the tears from your eyes. Nothing better than ripping a QB who wasn't in the game. Have fun down there in Chicaga!!!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    I'd take Favre with a crystal meth addiction, after suffering a mild stroke, over Grossman. holy sweet merciful JC does he suck to high heaven.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2007
    Grossman is a free agent. I highly doubt he'll be with da Bears next season. He was a big liability.

Congrats to the Colts. I, for one, was cheering for them.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Normanality
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    You should brush up on those stats after you wipe the tears from your eyes. Nothing better than ripping a QB who wasn't in the game. Have fun down there in Chicaga!!!

ROFL exactly! He wasn't in the game! With a QB rating of 72.7 for the year, he shouldn't have been in the game! ;)

I love armchair QB's :p:D
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    ROFL exactly! He wasn't in the game! With a QB rating of 72.7 for the year, he shouldn't have been in the game! ;)

I love armchair QB's :p:D

Yep, and he has one of these:

xxxi_ring.jpeg;)
  • Normanality
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Yep, and he has one of these:

xxxi_ring.jpeg;)

And your point is??? :confused:

We're talking 2007 NOT 1996 :rolleyes:

Believe me, I'm no Rexie fan, but I think Favre should have retired 2 years ago.

You can diss him all you want. Fact is, the entire team sucked tonight. A real defense should have been able to stop Manning with any real pressure. The offensive line played like pansies. Shows how weak the NFC has really become.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Of course you want Favre to retire. He's been OWNING the Bears his whole career. ;) Why bring it up? :confused:

You should place all your hate on this man:

Peyton+Super+Bowl+Trophy.jpg
  • Normanality
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Of course you want Favre to retire. He's been OWNING the Bears his whole career. ;) Why bring it up? :confused:

You should place all your hate on this man:

Peyton+Super+Bowl+Trophy.jpg

I want Favre to keep playing. That way, the Bears are assured to finish ahead of the Packers.

I like Manning. I like the Colts too! Well coached, good team. Hats off to them!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Congrats to the Colts, Bears and their fans. This was anybody's game until midway thru the 4th quarter. Rex did not play well. But neither did Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Fran Tarkenton or many others who history has shown were great quarterbacks. I have no emotional attachment to this game. I just think Bears fans will judge Rex too harshly. He's a young quarterback who will get better.

Manning did not play up to his potential either. Mistakes cost the Bears, but they were in the game even though statistically they were outplayed.
    Carl

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    The better team won this year. The Colts came together in the playoffs with the defense stepping up to do their part and the offense staying the course. I know it is a tired cliche but they won the SB because each part of the team carried their load and it was a team win. Manning didn't have to win it by himself, the defense didn't have to win it all. The O line was excellent and controlled the line of scrimage. Manning did his job, the recievers as well and the running backs took another step forward. Dungy and his staff was not outcoached. The kicking teams had their moments but came back in the end. Congrats to the Colts. They are a class act and a great team.

The Bears are a good team as well. Every other team in the NFC (or the AFC for that matter) would love to have been in their shoes. None of the other teams this year competed for the 2007 SuperBowl. They may have lost, but they were there.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2007
    How can you hate a 6 foot 5 man that weighs 230 pounds and has a rocket laser arm.

Overall I wanted the Colts to win, but had reasons to root for both.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2007
    What is that leg lift that Peyton does before every snap? It looks marginally retarded.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    brettw22 wrote:
    What is that leg lift that Peyton does before every snap? It looks marginally retarded.......

I'm not aware of a QB who runs shotgun that doesn't do it....It signals man in motion.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2007
    Interesting............guess I don't watch enough football to know.........thanks.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2007
    brettw22 wrote:

Don't worry, I wonder the same thing. There is just something stupid and unique about it that Peyton does.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    So much for that "window of opportunity" closing:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Grossman is a free agent. I highly doubt he'll be with da Bears next season. He was a big liability.

Congrats to the Colts. I, for one, was cheering for them.

First off take a look at the long history of what Chicago does with very mediocre QB's.............we keep 'em. So my guess is he's not going anywhere and will probably get a pay raise!!!:( .

Second we really don't have anyone to step-up and take over. Again another long Chicago tradition at the QB position. Greece would just be a temp fix and shouldn't be considered long term. Rex has potential but it will probably never be realized. He reminds me so much of Jim Harbaugh.....nice guy, some potential and a big excuse maker.

The Colts and especially Manning were the better team. Two very classy coaches and overall a fairly good game for the casual fan. Congrats to the Colts
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2007
    The Bears run defense let them down, as every third running play the colts ripped of 8 yards. Blaming Grossman is ridiculous, their passing game is way too limited, with nothing more than run deep patterns, except for Desmond Clark.

Flat out, Indy is a far better team. Congrats to Peyton though I don't think he deserved mvp, I'd give it to the Colts O-line, they were impressive.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    I thought the Bears D played well other than the pass to Wayne. They're problem was that the got tired and worn out. The first bears possession was a big run and a dink pass that did nothing to help the D and then going 3 and out for the next 2 and a half quarters didn't help.

Also, it did suck going into the super bowl that the NFC was the JV this year. I was suprised the game was as close as it was. That was the most lopsided 12 pt win I've seen.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited February 2007
    Congrats to the Colts. Very well balanced & coached. The Bears just never got going on either side of the ball. It isn't all Rex's fault - believe me when I say that I'm NOT a fan of Grossman (truth is I can't stand him). It takes a team to win a game and it takes a team to lose a game. The Colts are (obviously) the better team.

I ain't going to say "wait 'til next year" cause it's very hard to make a repeat appearance to the SB. Heck the '85 Bears couldn't do it. I got a feeling that Briggs will be lost to free agency too.

Here's a good question: How do think Edgerin James feels? IMO, that guy is one big loser here.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Halo wrote:
    Here's a good question: How do think Edgerin James feels? IMO, that guy is one big loser here.
    $7,500,000.00 per year probably eases the pain just a bit.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Halo wrote:
    How do think Edgerin James feels? IMO, that guy is one big loser here.

He's smiling while counting his money.

It's very tough to repeat. That's why the Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers should be admired for their accomplishments. Their fans are spoiled.

As painful as it is for Bears fans, think of the Buffalo Bills fans. They lost 4 consecutive Superbowls. I would think it might be better not to get to the Superbowl than to lose it.
    Carl

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited February 2007
    Scary thing is that the Arizona Cardinals might be one of those worst to first teams next year.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    They say that every year about the Cardinals. For whatever reason, about two or three months before the season begins, all the preseason rags and experts begin trumpeting them as a dark horse. And the Crudinals continue to stink up the desert.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2007
    That's because the Cardinals have the worst ownership in football. It's Beavis and Butthead with money.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3