prospective house

2»

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    350k won't even get you on my neighborhood, 500k+ would.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2007
    Well, I heard from the realtor last night... it's a little bit of a long story, but I just purchased me a house!

Gotta sign the contract today at lunch, and get this ball rolling.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    Awesome Noah. Get exact measurements so we can figure squeezing a PF or two in there. ;)
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited February 2007
    Yea, you can't buy ANYTHING in Tampa for that. The fixer-uppers are 80K+ here. The property tax, is nothing. Go ahead and try and find SOMEBODY, ANYBODY to insure you. No need to worry though, for $4k a year the state run insurance company (citizens; should probably be call comrads) will cover you, but NO flood. Yea, move to Florida...
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    Congrats and good luck Noah!
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    That's a $350,000 house in my area. No, I'm not kidding.

close to what we pay here as well, you can't even get a 1bed room apt for that price.
    Shoot we paid 3x that and we live in a 1000sqft home which is garden homes. Mind you in the last 3 yrs since we bought we can sell and make almost 30K.

If you like it, and will feel comfortable living in it , I say go for it. That price per month on mortgage would be cheap as all hell.

Sorry just read that you boguht it! congrats, it beats paying someone elses mortgage.

For some reason i caught the tail end of an Oprah show and this couple lived in NYC with a baby in 295sqft. INSANE you can stirr your Kraft dinner sitting on the can !
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    nadams wrote:
    Well, I heard from the realtor last night... it's a little bit of a long story, but I just purchased me a house!

Gotta sign the contract today at lunch, and get this ball rolling.

go get em kid, at that price, if there arent bullets flying by the house, then you good to go.

she needs a little TLC, but any house you buy will. Hell, even if the roof needs to be changed, doesnt look like that bad a job on that house at all (simple roofline)

43000. CHRIST....people pay that for a car!!!. with the housing slump, that house would still be well over 300000 up here. scratch that, its on a corner lot? 375000 plus easy.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited February 2007
    Congrats!! Welcome to the homeowner's club! ;)

BTW, nice price... When I was in San Diego a small three bedroom was 600K+!

Enjoy your new house!

Mike
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    Congrats now get to work on that rough gem.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited February 2007
    nadams wrote:
    Thanks for the ideas, guys. The heat is gas hot air, which is a big plus. Like I said, there is a lot of cosmetic work to be done... and every room in the original section of the house is paneled over the plaster, so that may come down (especially in the audio rooms!).

I'm thinking the SDA's are going to live in the living room :D

The main house roof is pretty good, the inspector I brough in said no issues there. But all the auxiliary roofs would need replaced in the next few years. No issues there, as the sq footage on those is minimal, and I can do that myself. I'm thinking that a few years down the road, that carport will be torn down and replaced with a full garage. I think I'll at least sheet the walls with something more than that plastic crap.

I still haven't heard from them about my offer, though, so I don't know that I have it, yet!

And, it may seem like 20 yo is young to be buying a house, but when I look at a $400 mortage payment, or a $400 rent payment, it's easy for me to see which I'd rather have. They have my mortgage estimated at right around $400, including taxes and insurance escrow. Taxes on this property are listed at $918/year

BE CAREFUL with old plaster. You may want to have it tested for asbestoses!
    You will want to do this as this is an older house!

Good luck with all your endevores,
    Steve
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • nadams
    edited February 2007
    Lemme tell ya, I'm really excited about all this. We're looking at closing by the end of April. I'm sure it'll come around sooner than it sounds!

I'll be doing the repairs myself, and the first thing I have to do (even before close) is run heating lines to the upstairs bedrooms. I have an easy way to run it, all I'll have to do is box in a small corner of the dining room and run it up there. I'll be using two separate flex lines, so it'll be easy to run.

And, above all else, it's a great excuse for people to buy me new tools!!!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    Welcome to the homeowners club. Nothing like having a place to call your own.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Congrats and good luck Noah! It's time for a tax break!
    Carl

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2007
    Congrats Noah. I know you will enjoy every minute of repair. It's yours.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:

little bit of a tax break, how much mortgage interest is there going to be on 43000? LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • nadams
    edited February 2007
    not to mention my loan will be at something like 5.5% fixed. But still, it helps :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:

Just a guess..but Noah probably will not be in a position to itemize.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    shack wrote:
    Just a guess..but Noah probably will not be in a position to itemize.

Agreed

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer