You Won't Find This On The New!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Too bad they won't broadcast these types of stories.
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited January 2007
    The press won't touch any positive stories about the war. they are very liberal bias.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    MSALLA wrote:
    The press won't touch any positive stories about the war. they are very liberal bias.
    How true, how true.:(
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    What a story. Man, that's something. Just warms the heart to read something like that.

Thanks for sharing!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    Thanks for posting that story.Try and get it to your local paper....yeah,I know,but try anyway.So will I.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2007
    I bet there are a lot more great stories like this one .Damn shame it gets little coverage.What sort of sick **** would shoot a little child.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • tonyb
    edited January 2007
    GV#27 wrote:
    I bet there are a lot more great stories like this one .Damn shame it gets little coverage.What sort of sick **** would shoot a little child.

Exactly bro....and our boys have to put up with the govs B.S. rules of engagement crap.Try reading them sometime to see what they have to go thru just to fire back.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Nice story Joe. I would watch the news nore often if hey put stories like that on.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Um.... isn't that a picture from a newspaper?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    GV#27 wrote:

same sort of sick **** that wants to kill us, little girls included.

said it before, and will say it again, so many people underestimate the evil were dealing with here. Believe me, I'm not the most overly religious guy on the planet (not even close ;) ), but I know evil exists, and radical islam epitomizes it to the core.

(by the way, this is a general statement, not any kind of dig GV, please dont take it as such)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

yeah, i'm sure it's in a mainsteam media paper with widespread circulation :rolleyes:

see this stuff all the time......oh...wait....no we dont.

what'd we expect, the whole picture about any situation from the media? thats just ludicrous...LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    ohskigod wrote:
    yeah, i'm sure it's in a mainsteam media paper with widespread circulation :rolleyes:

see this stuff all the time......oh...wait....no we dont.

what'd we expect, the whole picture about any situation from the media? thats just ludicrous...LOL

Shouuld we see this stuff all the time? War is ... bad. No matter how you slice it. This isn't Vietnam, the majority of Americans understand that the troops are great people who deserve our respect (at least I hope so), but is that a STORY? The real news is that people are dying. Human interest stories are just fluff to make you feel good. "Soldier returns home; loves family" isn't NEWS. It's GREAT, don't get me wrong. I wish they were all home with their families. But the real news is that Americans are dying in Iraq. Sorry if it upsets you.

I hate the news media as much as anyone, but them running fluff pieces wouldn't help anything.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    Bob:

Yes, war sucks. But the news could carry some stories about why we are still there and what are we doing as opposed to just having a roll call for the dead. I mean, the people are calling for us to pull out of Iraq seem to be the same people that want us to get involved in Sudan. Aren't those two situations basically the same thing? The good we could do in Sudan are the same good things we are doing in Iraq. Why not show it for what it is?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Fair enough. I just worry that if the news were all happy stories, people would get complacent about war. American soldiers are DYING, basically fighting someone else's fight. So it's nice to remember that we're there for a "good cause", and all the other nice stories, but I don't think it's a bad thing that most of it is negative, just because it's a real reminder of what these people are really risking, and how important it is to find a solution that gets them home.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I hate the news media as much as anyone, but them running fluff pieces wouldn't help anything.

FLUFF PIECES? :mad:

It may be war but we are also there to help the people of Iraq. That FLUFF PIECE story is about a soldier who is probably getting his **** shot at with a constant fear of dying. However he is still human and not just a soldier. The news media simply has it down to a body count. The only news is a number, not a person. There is no humanity in what they are reporting.

Many point to the constant body count as the ONLY factor in the war. When was the last time you read about anything being accomplished. To hear the media and most people...NOTHING is being accomplished. It is a totally futile effort. To report that anything good is happening is to admit that maybe there is a reason for the US to be there. Many of the soldiers who have been there feel they were needed there, some don't.

To see a story about a soldier who goes above and beyond what he is required to do in a wartime setting (regardless of how stupid some veiw him as) is not a FLUFF PIECE.

And yes it does piss me off to see it referred to that way!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Sorry shack. I seriously for once did not mean to offend anyone. And you're right, those type of stories give a level of humanity to the soldiers that you usually don't get, whihc is a good thing. If the news is going to have any effect, I want that effect to be that those soldiers can come home to those families, rather than being shot at. If the news is all happy and positive, sure, maybe the public will understand why our soldiers are there, but they will also maybe forget the amount of RISK there is, and at some point that risk is no longer justified.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2007
    I don't think anyone is suggesting we hide the risks involved. However, the media is doing a pretty good job of hiding the reasons we are there. Regardless of whether you think its "fluff", it can co-exist in a newspaper that has all the negative stories as well.

BUT, this is just a reflection of the media in general. People flip the channel when they hear a story on habitat for humanity. They're glued to their seats when delivering news of greed/corruption/murder etc etc. Blame the media, but we must blame the public as well.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    I want to hear BOTH sides of the story. I want to know if we are making a difference with the lives that are being lost. I don't want to be spoon fed the reasons for bringing them home or for keeping them there.

If you believe we are getting the full story from either side...you are sadly mistaken. The news media generally reports only the negative because that is what they think the pubic want/needs to hear...to continue the "bring them home" mantra. The military is not a particulary good public relations entitiy...and quite frankly anything they say is viewed with great skepticism. In today's media saturated world, it is a shame we are bobarded by a huge amount of "information"...from both sides...most of which is designed not to inform...but to infulence.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

Not a newspaper that has any kind of decent circulation in this country. . . and it was probably buried on page 65.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    ohskigod wrote:
    (by the way, this is a general statement, not any kind of dig GV, please dont take it as such)

It's a shame that you have to explain that! Political correctness has taken away our right to free speach and expression as well as speaking the truth. We have to fear, "offending" someone.

It funny you have explain a statement but when someone places something that is a precious symbol to Christians in a bottle of urine it is considered art and no explanations or apologies are necessary. . what happened to our Nation under God??? God is Love and Truth. . . they (whoever they are) are trying to kill God and our spirit of freedom. They are going to looose that battle.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Bob:

Yes, war sucks. But the news could carry some stories about why we are still there and what are we doing as opposed to just having a roll call for the dead. I mean, the people are calling for us to pull out of Iraq seem to be the same people that want us to get involved in Sudan. Aren't those two situations basically the same thing? The good we could do in Sudan are the same good things we are doing in Iraq. Why not show it for what it is?

Yep don't forget the fact that the more they focus on the negative and place it on the (used to be) Republicans majority and President the more this liberal press is trying sway the outcome of the upcoming Presidential election. It's not fluff Bob, it's a negative political agenda to upset us citizens.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Fair enough. I just worry that if the news were all happy stories, people would get complacent about war. American soldiers are DYING, basically fighting someone else's fight. So it's nice to remember that we're there for a "good cause", and all the other nice stories, but I don't think it's a bad thing that most of it is negative, just because it's a real reminder of what these people are really risking, and how important it is to find a solution that gets them home.

Where do you get some else's fight. . . were we not attacked by the same people who we are NOW fighting in IRAQ??? or would you rather fight them here?
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Sorry shack. I seriously for once did not mean to offend anyone. And you're right, those type of stories give a level of humanity to the soldiers that you usually don't get, whihc is a good thing. If the news is going to have any effect, I want that effect to be that those soldiers can come home to those families, rather than being shot at. If the news is all happy and positive, sure, maybe the public will understand why our soldiers are there, but they will also maybe forget the amount of RISK there is, and at some point that risk is no longer justified.

There is much more risk involved if we just pull out of Iraq. The Iranians and Syrians and al Queda and every other cookoo booo terrorist will have Iraq and then a place to stage more and more attacks on the West and then finally they will be on our turf at our throats.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Just like to point out that I'm not advocating us staying in Iraq or leaving - I certainly don't know enough about foreign affairs to even begin to make or even have an opinion about such a decision. What I DON'T want is our soldiers dying unnecessarily. That may mean leaving Iraq, it may mean changing our war strategy, it may mean no change at all. I don't think anyone thinks we're going about this as efficiently as possible, or providing our troops with everything they need to do what they need to do.

So yes, you guys are right, it's nice to see positive stories that remind us of the reason we're there and that we're doing a good thing. But the negative stories serve the equally important task of reminding us that American soldiers are dying, and there could be changes made that will at least prevent as much of that as possible.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited January 2007
    The press is not to be used as a tool. Thats the problem with the press. It has become a tool the powers that be use to swing public opinion. The job of the press is to inform the public of whats gonig on. It's become so bias that it's really not worth paying attention to. I wonder how that master sgt. would feel about it being called a fluff story. Thats no puppy he saved. That girl lost her family and took a round to the head. Dosen't sound to fluffy to me. It's pretty damn tragic. You think this story would make people think war is good?
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • tonyb
    edited January 2007
    shack wrote:
    FLUFF PIECES? :mad:

It may be war but we are also there to help the people of Iraq. That FLUFF PIECE story is about a soldier who is probably getting his **** shot at with a constant fear of dying. However he is still human and not just a soldier. The news media simply has it down to a body count. The only news is a number, not a person. There is no humanity in what they are reporting.

Many point to the constant body count as the ONLY factor in the war. When was the last time you read about anything being accomplished. To hear the media and most people...NOTHING is being accomplished. It is a totally futile effort. To report that anything good is happening is to admit that maybe there is a reason for the US to be there. Many of the soldiers who have been there feel they were needed there, some don't.

To see a story about a soldier who goes above and beyond what he is required to do in a wartime setting (regardless of how stupid some veiw him as) is not a FLUFF PIECE.

And yes it does piss me off to see it referred to that way!

+++10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Gah. I dont' think this story is a fluff story, I regret the use of the term.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    What we AREN'T hearing is the things we are doing to help the general Iraqi population. Rebuilding infrastructure, opening schools....rebuilding the economy...all things we DIDN'T destroy but we are fixing/rebuilding. All things that are demonstrably better than they were while Saddam was in power.

Fluff pieces? Hardly.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited January 2007
    does anyone here think that crazed killers watching the balance of our news coverage and political events are inspired to kill more americans and innocent iraqis or less?

no need to answer, everyone knows the answer.