Man admits to tasering his 79-year-old grandmother-in law

2»

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited January 2007
    "Well, if she's as sassy and uppity as Grandma," ......

....well, that's what I get when I'm too subtle, and not enough over-the-top !

:rolleyes:

Besides: I bet I could have taken that Grandma down without using a Taser; a good arm bar or pile driver should have done the trick.

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Cathy, I usually agree with you on most topics, but it seems you are coming across rather uptight on this one. Should the guy have tased the old lady, no. Is it funny, Yes. The guy was arrested, and the lady is fine. Taser's aren't deadly force. Relating the cops kicking in a door and the old man dying, and tasing somebody aren't even on the same page.

Also, to call out Big Blue for approving of domestic abuse, when he was clearly joking, is a little overboard. I don't know your background, but there is nothing wrong with getting a little chuckle outta a funny story. I'm sure you have never laughed at the "Darwin Awards" either huh? I personally know Big Blue would never approve of domestic violence.

I think an apology is in order.
    Well put.

I almost said something myself...but I'm glad I waited for you to do it for me. :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    Nightly, I AM uptight about this because it really isn't funny, it isn't about deadly force being used, it's about the age of the person involved. Put your mothers & grandmothers in that old womans place & see if you feel differently about it.

That old man died from a heart attack brought on by a massive scare to his personal well being from having his door kicked in & cops pointing guns at him.

Yes the old lady is fine, but if you can't see how this could have turned out not so fine, then something is wrong.

As for my background, I had to watch my mother slowly deteriorate with old age & die at the age of 79. Watching a loved one who used to be so strong & independent turn so feeble & dependent leaves its mark on you. You don't think about it, you just realize one day that all of a sudden your parents got old & you didn't even notice. It leaves you with protective instincts towards the elderly that never seem to go away.
    MrNightly wrote:
    Cathy, I usually agree with you on most topics, but it seems you are coming across rather uptight on this one. Should the guy have tased the old lady, no. Is it funny, Yes. The guy was arrested, and the lady is fine. Taser's aren't deadly force. Relating the cops kicking in a door and the old man dying, and tasing somebody aren't even on the same page.

Also, to call out Big Blue for approving of domestic abuse, when he was clearly joking, is a little overboard. I don't know your background, but there is nothing wrong with getting a little chuckle outta a funny story. I'm sure you have never laughed at the "Darwin Awards" either huh? I personally know Big Blue would never approve of domestic violence.

I think an apology is in order.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited January 2007
    interesting read. i admit yes he shoudndt have tasered grandma or anyone else for that matter regardless of age, unless he was defending himself or property. my thoughts are in a domestic situation it should be used as a defensive weapon not offensive. the police are a diffrent story.the irony of all this is now that he tasered her,the police came any way.if he had of called them and said he had some one thats refusing to leave they would have came and hauled grandma off. now grandmas pissed and will certainly call cps on him regarding the boy. when they show up now that he has tasered his grandma they will take that into consideration when evaluating the lil boys safety. everyone lost in this situation. the husband landed in jail. grandma got tasered. the future of the lilboy is in jepoardy. all for losing your cool. btw what you wanna bet that grandma has went and bought her own taser now in anticipation of there next meeting :D REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D