You decide

Comments

• Kelley_Moore
    Kelley_Moore Posts: 57
    edited January 2007
    All this talk of bogus posts has made me feel guilty…

The 25 Post minimum probably saved me from trouble.... Anyone remember that 'marcpam' user that was selling his whole rig a while back? I tried to buy something from him when I first joined the forum but could not post on the sale, so started making posts in the test area not realizing they did not count. I sent marcpam a PM and told him I wanted the Center. All is good, and then everything went sour. He F’ed everyone over but if memory serves, I don’t think anyone actually sent him money including me.

However, as angry as I was with this pathetic, witless dumbass, I was going to post his address and phone# which probably could have gotten me in trouble especially if someone close to his address actually went there and did something. Not that any member would on these forums, but you never know about the anonymous users...

Anyway, I throw myself upon the mercy of this court for posting at least 5 bogus posts to get to 25 after thinking I needed them to buy something. Please subtract 5 from tiny count of 50 or so.

Kelley
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    As a pennance you shall read everything written by sids original alter ego!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    amulford wrote:
    The hair DOES NOT move. For ANYTHING. PERIOD...

When you almost had us kissing the butt end of that semi, trust, the hair moved. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    As a pennance you shall read everything written by sids original alter ego!

Talk about "cruel and unusual punishment" :( I would just let you shoot me!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    Thanks for the alert Jesse.

Shack, OUTSTANDING post.

Andrew, if you just think this is just an internet forum, with no personal connections perhaps it is time for you to move on.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2007
    shack wrote:

Ok, how about if you just have to spell it correctly...?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2007
    cfrizz wrote:

Shack, OUTSTANDING post.

Andrew, if you just think this is just an internet forum, with no personal connections perhaps it is time for you to move on.

Well said my lady. Well said...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    The reality is it's different things to different people which is of course fine ...

I think what we're all tryng to avoid is for it to be a dumping ground for equipment from folks whose sole purpose was to come here and off it ...

As such and as mentioned earlier, I still think there are better ways to handle this then post count ...
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    shack wrote:

Ok, how about if you just have to spell it correctly...?

Are you talking about my post that you quoted?

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited January 2007

He didn't break the rules, he used and stretched them for his advantage. Maybe he is a politician in the making.

Would I buy from him? NO.

Change the rules if they don't work.

For example, 25 posts over 3 months.

We all need to get out more.

Music is the best.

Cheers

Peter
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited January 2007
    25 Posts to buy. 6 months and 100 posts to start a thread and sell items.
    I'd like to keep the "safe " feeling that I have buying off the community. I have been members of other fourms and this is most definitely not "just" a fourm. The people on here give this site heart. No other fourm I've been on has been so friendly. Keep in mind I hate computers and only join fourms for information on things I'm working on. I started out on here for that reason and got hooked.

Or maybe damaged minds have a way of gravitating to each other. Who knows.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2007
    Typically, people who don't respect the basic rules up front, probably aren't going to be very dependable--that's just a personal observation. They're obviously not interested in being accepted, they just want to sell something. Fortunately, members like this tend to fade away....very quickly.

It'll fix itself, but as always BUYER BEWARE. Shack-master has a good sellers list he maintains for us---use it.

Thanks Jesse for the heads up, I think your action was warranted.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2007
    These silly rules mean little. The biggest problem we ever had was wangotango and he was a long term upstanding member (and I mean that two ways) right up to the point he screwed a bunch of people. I have to admit I chuckled at the "blow me" line... :)
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited January 2007
    madmax wrote:
    I have to admit I chuckled at the "blow me" line... :)

That was pretty good.:D The guy has got some quick witt.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • jdhdiggs
    edited January 2007
    shack wrote:
    Are you talking about my post that you quoted?

Originally, no, I was talking about Sid's first name, but now that you mention it... :p
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Originally, no, I was talking about Sid's first name, but now that you mention it... :p

I unterstand. I thaut I mizspeelled a wurd.

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited January 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Such as? Examples?

He posted, got called on it, ate a little crow, he's making his 25 posts, nonsensical or not.....

At the end of the day, it's what, a twenty or thirty dollar pair of PR's? If he's out to scam, he sure didn't set the bar very high.

Cheers,
    Russ

Today he might start with speaker parts and tomorrow he might end up peddling sda srs 1.2 tl just like that person from england who has been
    scamming people on ebay.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    This is not some internet place; it's a home.
    Like in every home, different characters come and go.
    -Jesse is the grumpy grandpa; has a hard shell but not that much on the inside. Loves the F word, loves making a point (He's usually right).
    -Russ is the teenager; a nice, responsible kid that likes to adventure. Will do anything for the family (Learned from his grandpa). His rebel side shows up once in a while.
    -Shack is the quiet dad; sits and looks around, and one would think he lets things go by....but he'll raise havoc when someone derails.

I love this place.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Inbreeding, just as I suspected. :p

I agree with Jesse on all this.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    Seems Jesse hit a nerve with this one.Ok so Jesse went a tad bit overboard on the guy,but no one here will doubt his intentions.Shack has it right.This board is like a home for most of us,and I for one would like to keep it that way.So thank you Jesse,Shack,and all the others for watching out and standing guard on the ' house '.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Paul in Canada
    Paul in Canada Posts: 178
    edited January 2007
    MSALLA wrote:
    25 Posts to buy. 6 months and 100 posts to start a thread and sell items.
    I'd like to keep the "safe " feeling that I have buying off the community. I have been members of other fourms and this is most definitely not "just" a fourm. The people on here give this site heart. No other fourm I've been on has been so friendly. Keep in mind I hate computers and only join fourms for information on things I'm working on. I started out on here for that reason and got hooked.

Or maybe damaged minds have a way of gravitating to each other. Who knows.

That sounds like a good idea. I love how you guys and girls look out for each other, you don't see that kind of thing much these days.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited January 2007
    Jesse PM'd me recently with a head's up on a link I had posted. A forum member had asked for a "free access" link to a pay service, and I had provided that link.
    He pointed out that it wasn't a free service, that the link I had provided wasn't on the up and up.

I appreciated that; there's too many malcontents, neer-do-wells, and scalawags on here to declare CP "pure" :) , but it's nice that some of the folks help to keep the bus on the road.

To be honest, I was kind of hoping for a polk_lsi revival ! :)
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    My .02 >>> this is a great community to be part of. . . many many people of character and humility. I trust many, I enjoy most, I feel a part of. I've been on here a short time and have made many friends in person, on the phone and on the board. If we have guys that want to take on monitoring and looking out for the rest of us slackers then I fully support their unselfish acts. I wish I could give back more than I have.

RIGHT ON SHACK!!!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    ESAVINON wrote:
    tomorrow he might end up peddling sda srs 1.2 tl just like that person from england who has been scamming people on ebay.

That SOB nearly got me on a couple of sales. I didn't have anyone from this forum to watch my back at that time and I almost lost out on thousands, it was out of strong faith that I didn't get scammed.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    Well for one thing the difference between an internet forum and Club Polk is:

Internet forums can only transmit virus's to make computers sick.

Club Polkers swap real spit (and a few other things) in spreading our disease.

And We have Flexible ANNA!!!!!!!!!

RT1

RT1
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    I would have to agree with Jesse on this. I am glad to have people around who look after the group.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2007
    Seriously, you guys are telling me your grasp of the obvious (ie buyer beware, esp a noob) is so loose, you need a heads up to remind you?

Thanks Jesse, looking forward to your next alert. Maybe it can be like the Amber Alert or the National Weather Service siren. Can I get a text message on my phone to instantly alert me next time, even when I'm away from the boards? ;)

The chronic overthinkers here are hilarious, and I love you for it. I will say this, if the reaction was this strong on this little topic, I want you on my side when something real goes down. I wouldn't wish your wrath on my worst enemies. God help them.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited January 2007
    shack wrote:
    No, it is not just an internet forum. When I can say I have spent time IN PERSON with 30-40 people who post on this forum and spend time on the telephone TALKING to people I consider friends (not just typed names on a screen) and when I take time to keep track of who has or has not gotten screwed on a deal at the flea market....then no it is not just an faceless internet forum. When stuff of value is given away because people want to "give back/forward whatever" it is not just an internet forum. When people collect hundreds of dollars to give to a school that was good to a members special child who passed away...it is not just an internet forum.

You may treat it as just an internet forum. Others feel it is more than that. It is a community and it is people who are friends, not just screen names.

It is the fact that we can defend our members and this forum with posts like the quote above is what makes this forum great. I definitely was blessed to had made that decision to purchase Polk speakers for my HT allowing me to discover this forum.

Great post (best I have seen you make, Shack, since I been here. ;)) hehe

Keep up the faith!
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I will say this, if the reaction was this strong on this little topic, I want you on my side when something real goes down.

Russ....son....I just want you to know that me and grandpaw Jesse...we're there for you....we've got your back. ;)

see post #49 if you don't understand....

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited January 2007
    Did I see the word "scalawags earlier?" Do you think we can bring that back into the mainstream, or is that just pirate talk?

No offense to any forum "pirates."
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850