Im smoke free for 1 week today!!!!

2»

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Please don't start the "they should be outlawed" argument, it never goes anywhere.

Good luck quitting, Fireman.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    Many locations have banned smoking in public places recently. Not too long ago, it was acceptable for pregnant mother's to drink alcohol. Change is sometimes difficult but look to the past for our future. Nomads had it right.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2007
    I hate those damn things and what they do to people.

Lets just hope you don't eat fatty foods and drink alcohol, or your quote would mean nothing.

If cigerattes got completely banned, they would become like alcohol of the 1920s. I personally don't smoke, but I do feel people should have the right if they want to.

oh yeah, congrats fireman. You can do it. Just don't even think to have just one because that one will turn to many more. I'm only 21 and I've already seen it many times myself
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2007
    here we go... ;)

congrats and good luck sticking with it!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    I just fry my cigerettes in lard... roll 'em in powdered sugar.. and eat 'em by the dozen.
    That's cuz I'm one classy zombie.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    Many memories here of pancakes fried in Crisco with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Everyone, thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel that this time will be it. The cravings are just about nill, The first few days I was chewing gum like it was going out of style now if I have one or two pieces a night it's alot. The patch is really helping out. As far as everything tasting better its true. My coffee which I drink way to much of tastes awsome now. Again thanks everyone it really means alot.
    TroyD wrote:
    Good on you, Dave.

Keep it up.

Tell you what. You make it a MONTH, I send you one of my fave LP's. You start again, you send it back. Capisce?

BDT

Troy your the man!! That's an challenge I accept. Very nice to you to make an offer like that brother. I will keep you updated.

Dave
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    666 posts, eeeesh dude...bad karma. post again!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Dave,

January 29th will be 10 months for me off them and I smoked for 41 years. Once you get past those physical cravings the next thing to squelch are the thoughts that you can have one. . . YOU CAN'T period end of story. It's funny at the 6 month point my wife's cigarette smoke became puttrid to me and now I can't even kiss her without a mouth wash. It took six months for my body to finally recognize how effing nasty cigs are but now, it's like I never smoked in my entire life. Now if my lungs can forget what I did to them for 41 years I'll be in good shape.

Hang in there brother. If you feel like smoking call me I'll talk you out of it. I'm shooting you a PM with my phone number.
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2007
    Joe,

Replyed to your PM. Thank you very much for the support. With all of the support of everyone I know I will get through this.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    good for you ....

Hang tuff bro...
    my daughter is on her 2nd week now...

she`s kinda kranky, well alot kranky !!
    but it will be worth it when she kicks it all together..

I have been smoking for about 35 years
    I think I may try to quit again sometime soon, but I have tried before...
    old habits die hard, but .....

Hang in there man, you can do it
    reward yourself with new gear when you reach milestones !
    maybe that will help be an incentive
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited January 2007
    Congratulations you two guys should be proud of yourselves, keep up the good health!,

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    When you want a smoke, eat, that takes the craving away immediately and also that mental head chatter goes away . . . you may gain weight but you can always loose it when you beat the addiction.
  • Fireman32
    edited February 2007
    Well im done with week two and entering week three without a smoke. I had a couple of days when the cravings were really bad (I threw my back out and was in alot of pain) but I got through it. Gum and candy have been a big help. I have also gained a few pounds as well but I was expecting that. Hopefully the worst is behind me and it will only get better.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2007
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

I'm still smokeless also; I don't feel the need most of the time; it's just one or two times a day that I get those cravings, but I ignore them and they go away fast.

No more morning cough...feels great ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Fireman32
    edited February 2007
    Glad to hear it. 1 month here we come.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    Good job guys . . .you won't believe how good you start to feel, you start to taste things you haven't tasted in a long time and your sense of smell gets keener.
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited February 2007
    I quit over 8 years ago and still chew the hell out of gum. Traded one habit for another, but sugarfree gum doesn't leave a mark...;)
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited February 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Gum and candy have been a big help. I have also gained a few pounds as well but I was expecting that. Hopefully the worst is behind me and it will only get better.

Nothing a little cardio won't get rid of. Just make sure you stop eating candy after you lost your cig cravings cause then you'll get into another problem;) .

Keep it up!

Tommyboy
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • pacificoastbear
    pacificoastbear Posts: 105
    edited February 2007
    With all that money you are now saving, it is time for more speakers!