How About Them Colts Baby!!!!

2»

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Belichick blew off Manning after the game, his interview with CBS outside of the locker room was absolutely pathetic. The guys in the booth at CBS were going WTF was that?!?!!

Manning praised his opponents, and had nothing but good things to say despite the complete blow-off by Belichick.

It really wouldn't need to be stated if people would get the hell off his back. Bash him on his teams playoff record ,if anything. The guys been nothing but a class act from what I have seen, and I am not from Indy. I realize the Pats fans being angry, I'd be the same way. What I don't get is the rest of the fans of football out there.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Baltimore Syndrome.

Nope, I'm a Redskins fan. I just can't stomach the guy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Fair enough.

Will you sign my melon?
  • F1nut
    edited January 2007
    What I don't get is the rest of the fans of football out there.

Simple, they see him for what he is, a smug ****.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    Simple, they see him for what he is, a smug ****.

Jesse, I understand not liking a quarterback, player or whatever (there some I don't particularly like) but how can you say this about Manning? Have you ever met the guy? Some may say he is a cry-baby (which I don't agree with) but I don't recall him saying a bad thing about any other player or coach in the league. He is one of the genuinely nicest people you could ever hope to meet. He gives tons to charity and does not flaunt his wealth. I have had the opportunity to meet him several times and was very impressed with him as a young man in college and as a professional (last spring in fact). He is anything but a ****.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    Ok, I forgot about Vanderjagt being a "liquored up kicker". That was actually pretty funny.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    idiot liquored up kicker:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    good on em, man, my post season picks have SUCKED!!! :D

dont know if I'm doing you a favor by saying the Colts will probably win, but again...its anyone's game.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    BEARS BABY!!!! Glad Peyton is going.....but,that B.S. call on roughing the passer,don't hear anyone talking about that.

What about the noncalls on the DBs when they would stick their arm in the bread basket of the receiverand knock the ball away. I counted two one in the endzone where the DB was holding the receiver off from the bal! Refs. miss calls. Don't even get me started on last years StuperBowl.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    Agree....but that roughing the passer call set up the winning TD and all the guy did was brush the helmet with his hand.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited January 2007
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2007
    TonyB,

I know. My peeve is on DB's for some reason. See, I think the non call in the endzone just before the Pats kicked their last FG was a worst offense. They should have had a TD.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    It is kind of fitting that its the Patriots complaining about PI on their receivers this year instead of the Colts.

As for Manning being a class guy, well, If you consider it classy throwing your D and your O-line under the bus after playoff losses or constant chirping at the refs. Although, if you compare him to Rivers or Brady, he's still pretty classy. Those two are prissy *(^(#!(!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • F1nut
    edited January 2007
    Steve, my opinion is based on how I see him carrying himself on TV and what I've read in the papers.

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited January 2007
    Da' Bears
    +1!!!!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • RSTERN
    RSTERN Posts: 287
    edited January 2007
    Steve, my opinion is based on how I see him carrying himself on TV and what I've read in the papers
    If we all go the papers and tv, we would all have bose speaker:D
    Go Colts
    mains: rt16
    center: csi40
    surrounds:fx 1000
    sub: SVS 20-39pc+
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    Steve, my opinion is based on how I see him carrying himself on TV and what I've read in the papers.

Then take it from someone who has actually met the man...I can't speak to smug since that is totally a matter of perception ...but I can assure you he is not a ****. I don't care if he ever picked up a football, he is the kind of man I would encourage my daughters to date. This is of course just my opinion.

• F1nut
    edited January 2007
    Alright, I'll split it with you. I keep the smug and you can have the ****. :D

President of Club Polk

• shack
    edited January 2007
    Just remember...I say nice stuff about you all the time..and I know you too. I am either a good judge of character or I'm not. ;)

Of course I warn my daughters about guys like you....:D

• F1nut
    edited January 2007
    Hehe.......

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    Of course I warn my daughters about guys like you

What, guys that sport wood on a semi-annual basis?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    edited January 2007
    No, he was talking about guys like me, not you.

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited January 2007
    I'm rubber and you're glue...
  • F1nut
    edited January 2007
    West Systems Marine Epoxy, permanent wood! :D

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited January 2007
    Marine Epoxy? Man, you can get pills rather than spreading glue on you wedding tackle.

BDT
  • F1nut
    edited January 2007
    Isn't that why you're rubber?

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited January 2007
    I don't seem to get many complaints.

BDT
  • F1nut
    edited January 2007
    Well then, the respective field tests have passed with the highest scores.....:D

President of Club Polk