How About Them Colts Baby!!!!

TennesseeOutlaw
TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse

Colts are going to the Super Bowl!!!!! What a great game.. Man, I havent seen a game that good in a long long time.. Manning "cracks", "folds", or "chokes" not this year baby!!!! Way to go Peyton.. Shut all those doubters the hell up!!
Post edited by TennesseeOutlaw on

Comments

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2007
    Seemed pretty similar to the Colts vs Broncos game this year. Be as that may, I'm glad to see Payton going, fresh teams make the Super Bowl more interesting. They should be 10 pt favorites, as the AFC is far better conference these days. However, the game is on grass........
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,567
    edited January 2007
    6 for 6 on my picks.

Colts for the bowl.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    First of all, sorry for making a new thread about "football championships," I was so dam excited about them winning I fogot about the main thread that already existed.. please just disregard this thread..

Thanks,

Josh
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    Hell, us Vols have been rooting for Peyton to make it to the Super Bowl for nearly a decade now! Now that its finally happened Im sure we'll all be quite obnoxious for the next 2 weeks. And God help up if the Colts win! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited January 2007
    That was one hell of a game.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Wow is all i can say. What a comeback they made. I was happy that they won as I hate new england.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2007
    I am a die-hard Cowboys fan but all I can say is Hell ****' Yeah!!!!!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited January 2007
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited January 2007
    BEARS & COLTS SUPERBoWL !!! I wanted to see the Bears go all the wayt his year too....should be fun
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    I can't stand that smug ****, Bears all the way.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    Bears.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • bembol
    bembol Posts: 18
    edited January 2007
    Finally! Colts are my second favorite...Steelers fan! I would definitely like to see Manning/Harrison get the Ring!

Amazing game, the last minute I didn't celebrate because Brady is just too good but it was nice to see the INT at the end to seal it!

I also would've liked to see the Saints with the Colts in Miami...I think it would be more of an exciting game!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    Da' Bears
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Definitely rooting for the Bears now.... but I can't imagine a team with REX EFFING GROSSMAN at the helm winning a Super Bowl.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Definitely rooting for the Bears now.... but I can't imagine a team with REX EFFING GROSSMAN at the helm winning a Super Bowl.

better off him than peyton.....
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    I'd RATHER him than Peyton, but I meant I can't imagine someone as BAD as Rex winning. Peyton isn't bad, as much as us in New England would love to believe he is. He's a big baby, but he's an amazing QB.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    BEARS BABY!!!! Glad Peyton is going.....but,that B.S. call on roughing the passer,don't hear anyone talking about that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bigaudiopimp68
    bigaudiopimp68 Posts: 2
    edited January 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    I can't stand that smug ****, Bears all the way.

He is as about a smug **** as mother teresa:confused:
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Baltimore Syndrome.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    He is as about a smug **** as mother teresa:confused:

And if anyone knows Mother Teresa, it's someone named "Big Audio Pimp 68".
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

That idea alone makes me vomit in my mouth...

I like the Bears. I just don't like a world where Marino walks around without a ring and Grossman pawns his for 75 pesos when his career is over in 27 months...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2007
    Did you see him in his press conference after the game? He was so nervous he could barely speak. If I were the coaches, I wouldn't throw the ball more than 5 times

The only reason the bears are in the super bowl is because of how bad the nfc is. 2 out of their 3 losses came from afc teams. I don't think they have a chance.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    And before anyone comes rushing into the room brandishing the "Trent Dilfer Defense", keep in the mind that he actually ran his offense quite effectively, if a bit anemically.

It seems Grossman does everything in his power to sabotage the Monsters of the Midway...

not to be a playa hata, but the chap is in waaaaaaay over his head.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, Dilfer's not as bad as he gets criticized as being. Grossman... well... is.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    colts_manning_1280x1024.jpg
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Shack is loving this...and well, so am I. :p
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    I think Manning is enjoying himself as well.....

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    BTW did anyone see the stat that Indy scored more points against NE in the second half than any team had scored on them in an entire game this year. They beat out the team that scored 27 against them during the regular season...which was..the Colts. The Colts are pretty impressive when the offense gets going and the defense holds it's own. If Indy shows up on both sides of the ball, they should win the SB. However anything can happen. I may actually watch the SB this year.

Wow...this payback stuff is fun...I've had to listen how the Colts couldn't win the big game for years. This was a very big win against a very good team. I may catch hell in a couple of weeks...but for now I'm enjoying myself.

• bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    I believe it was also the biggest comeback in postseason history.

And Vinatieri broke a postseason record for most field goals.
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I believe it was also the biggest comeback in postseason history.

It was the biggest comeback in conference title-game history. The record for the playoffs was 1993 wildcard playoff game between the Buffalo Bills and the Houston Oilers. The Bills trailed the Oilers 35-3 in the third quarter before scoring five straight touchdowns and eventually winning in overtime 41-38.