oddly content

2»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    If you have the 1.2tl's on spikes, there is no reason to use the bass brace. It was only intended as an option to using the spikes.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2007
    I love auditioning different speakers because the audible differences are so easy to hear. I think I'm gonna hit some Von Schweikert's next, shake things up a little.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    TroyD wrote:
    If you have the 1.2tl's on spikes, there is no reason to use the bass brace. It was only intended as an option to using the spikes.

BDT

I agree but I've been thrown a few curveballs.

Inside curve: Polk suggests the bass brace works better than spikes;

High and outside curve: many people have tauted the bass brace as being better than using spikes;

Bottom drop out curve: With the Mye Sound points in place the top half of the speaker box still has a little more resonance than I like, that is why I placed the 25 lb bags of shot on top which did make a difference.

I'm wondering if the bass brace will illiminated much more of the resonance than the spikes.

So I of course need to hear it to make my own mind up but because we just moved in and things are still up in air about placement, I can't brace the 1.2TLs to the wall. That is why I tried to the sorbothane pods which I think really killed the "good" resonance (if there is such a thing) because the speakers sounded aweful that is why I removed the pods. I am going to try the pods again but a little at a time.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Lou glad to hear your content brother. Plus im glad I can come over anytime and hear your rig as well.:D As for me I'm fairly content with my setup that Lou set me up with. The only upgrade that I see in the near future is to get a new cd player like the Jolida. I got the vinyl rig sounding sweet so untill I buy a house which will hopefully be at the end of this year and I can have a dedicated 2 channel rig and a HT i'm happy.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    Right on Lou....!!
    Glad to hear that you reached a comfortable place....

That too shall pass..!
    But hopefully not for a long time..!

It`s nice to just sit back and dig what ya got goin on...

I finally felt the same way , one day not too long ago, with the office rig....
    It`s done...I have acheived more than I realized I would have when I started putting it together, and it`s a great feeling of accomplishment.......and sound friggen awesome..

BUT....I have turned my sights onto the Main Rig, and man am I looking at some major changes, and some tall $$ to acheive what I want from that one....It aint no slouch, but it aint "there" yet either..

Good on ya , bro..

ENJOY !
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool: