Nifong needs to be beaten severely.

polksda
polksda Posts: 716
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Watching the interview with the parents of the 3 Duke lacrosse players on 60 Minutes.

DA Nifong needs to be beaten, disbarred, beaten, sued, and then beaten again.

My. God.

The sunofabitch had exculpatory DNA evidence 7 days BEFORE HE EVEN INDICTED THEM, and then didn't reveal it for months. No one from his office ever interviewed the "victim" until 10 months after the incident.

Talk about railroading... and I extend my middle fingers to all the race baiters.

Duke University needs to be sued as well. They're backpeddling like a mo' fo over this.
Post edited by polksda on

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2007
    This guy is a P.O.S......He lobbied in the media for re-election in a racially charged area and turned the lives of three guys and a coach upside down with NO evidence whatsoever. The guy should be disbarred and put in jail for a very long time. IF these charges are unfounded and turn out to be false accusations, the girl needs to be prosecuted as well. It is a shame when this case has dragged out for so long with what seems to be no substantiated proof of anything happening at all.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    the truly sad thing is that this will set back genuine rape cases and victims as well. this Nifong is a piece of **** on so many levels. even if the three did do something illegal, the prosecution was so botched that its over before it starts. I imagine after a thorough file lookover, the state's attorney general is gonna punt the ball on this.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited January 2007
    shawn474 wrote:
    This guy is a P.O.S......He lobbied in the media for re-election in a racially charged area and turned the lives of three guys and a coach upside down with NO evidence whatsoever. The guy should be disbarred and put in jail for a very long time. IF these charges are unfounded and turn out to be false accusations, the girl needs to be prosecuted as well. It is a shame when this case has dragged out for so long with what seems to be no substantiated proof of anything happening at all.

yup that's pretty much it.

oh, and the accuser should be thrown in jail; or something to that effect.

and i'm a Tarheel fan.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited January 2007
    My friend is UNC grad (under and grad school) and a huge tarheel fan. He hates Duke with a passion but has said those duke players were innocent since the story broke.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    The evidence mattered little here. EVERYONE (that mattered- unfortunately) just knew these spoiled rich boys flaunted the law and had thier way with this poor innocent stripper. The fact they were white and she was black had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes: Someone's head(s) had to roll. They were indicted because it was the RIGHT (ie: politically correct) thing to do. Forget the law, presumption of innocence, and all the other stuff as long as justice is serverd...Right?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    And BTW...did you see where one of the professors quit in protest because Duke offered to let the acused re-enter school. She might change her mind if she is ever put in their shoes.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    Can you say, witch hunt? Nifong might as well kiss his law days goodbye. He'll be lucky if he isn't the one behind bars.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ohskigod
    edited January 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    He'll be lucky if he isn't the one behind bars.

I truly hope your right. I think that since this is the supposedly the first time a state bar has issued an ethics complaint for a prosecutor during an active case, that it speaks volumes to the fact that it will be looked into. this isnt just an error, it was willfull witholding of exculpatory evidence (re: DNA). I think the major part of the complaint was his conduct on the airwaves back in April as well.

either way, his conduct, as a prosecutor, is downright frightening. Justice, be it action against his law lisence, or criminal, needs to be persued.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited January 2007
    polksda wrote:
    The sunofabitch had exculpatory DNA evidence 7 days BEFORE HE EVEN INDICTED THEM, and then didn't reveal it for months. No one from his office ever interviewed the "victim" until 10 months after the incident.

There's nothing unusual about withholding exculpatory evidence. It is routinely done by overzealous prosecutors who have a "winning is everything" mentality. The twist here is that these tactics are usually used against poor defendants who lack the means to adequately defend themselves against malicious prosecution.

Such outrageous conduct.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    I think that he is an outright idiot, and that he got caught up in the media circus. He seemed to really be into talking to the reporters, and really just fed them what they needed to make it a huge story. It didn't matter that he ruined the reputations of three people.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    Can you say, witch hunt? Nifong might as well kiss his law days goodbye. He'll be lucky if he isn't the one behind bars.

Nah. He'll be ok. The legal system looks out for its own. I don't know how it works in North Carolina, but in most jurisdictions, DA's have immunity from prosecution for any error they might make during the course of their official duties.

Nice work if you can get it.
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    There may be no criminal charges (the disbarment has to to with a code of ethics) but civil suits may loom in his future...
    As a prosecutor, Nifong enjoys broad but not absolute immunity from civil litigation, and the families of the indicted players have hinted they plan to sue. Asked in an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" what she would say to Nifong should they meet, Evans' mother said, "Mr. Nifong, you've picked on the wrong families ... and you will pay every day for the rest of your life."

• polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited April 2007
    And now today all charges were dropped:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/lacrosse/2007-04-11-duke-caseclosed_N.htm

I would be suing the [CENSORED] out of Nifong and Duke University... some of the racebaiters who took part in the debacle early on need to be bludgeoned severely as well.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    This just proves that having an education doesn't mean you are actually smart.....
  • F1nut
    edited April 2007
    some of the racebaiters who took part in the debacle early on need to be bludgeoned severely as well.

That would include sharpton......Yippie!!!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    edited April 2007
    This just proves that having an education doesn't mean you are actually smart.....

This just proves that having the financial resources to fight an overzealous prosecutor can keep you from being wrongfully convicted. Lots of other people have done 10, 15, 20 or more years of hard time before the truth comes out and the state admits, "Oh, you know what, it turns out you WEREN'T guilty after all." In most cases, the wrongly imprisoned individual does not even get an apology from the state, even after it is shown that exculpatory evidence was withheld.:mad:

This kind of mess happens all the time. The only difference here is that the defendants had priveleged backgrounds and access to legal and financial resources.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    I highly doubt this is the first party that ever had a stripper at it........I can attest to that. I think that the woman may have known what the backgrounds of some of those players are and tried basically to extort them. I am sure she will bring a civil suit now.....
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2007
    He'll do just fine with the ACLU.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited April 2007
    It's not just these three kids that should tie him to a post and use him as a target for goal scoring practice, the head coach of a successful lacrosse program at a prestegious university was basically forced to resign under pressure, and the rest of the team that was forced to sit out a season after Duke suspended the program over something that never happened in the first place.

I see civil suits in Nifongs future, after the criminal case is over.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2007
    Where's Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton now?
  • F1nut
    edited April 2007
    daboyz wrote: »
    Where's Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton now?

They are busy diverting attention away from their screw up with the lacrosse players by creating another screw up in attacking Imus and hoping no one is going to call them on it. It's way past time to call for their resignation.

President of Club Polk

• ohskigod
    edited April 2007
    oh you know those familys are suing. they got the cash, finding an attorney to take a case like this (i.e. public profile) wont be too hard either.

a defense attorney said they wanted to file criminal charges against the accuser but decided not too, good move, I say just go for the cash and dont open up any other cans of worms. This type of prosecutorial abuse needs to have repurcusions.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    I think the players and their families need to go after Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson....They certainly said enough about the players and the case to get hit up for damages....File all of them separately, hit where it hurts three times each. If anyone has a case, it is those poor players....I would think that the ex-coach has a stake in all of this too....All of the pressure put on by the media and those two "hooligans" cost him his job....
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    Don't get me started on this. I was watching the View this morning and one of the babes on there said to the effect while they may not of been guilty, they have probably done something like it in the past. She 'knows' guys like that.

Hello? Stereotyping? Anyone? Anyone?

Jesse refused to apologize because, basically, if they had a stripper, that was immoral etc etc. Even if that's true, it's not illegal. Whatever, he's got to raise money to support his illegitimate love child.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut