Sid's Karma

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,567
    edited January 2007
    As of right now Ledhed and DisneyJoe are -not- in this karma due to lack of quotes...

FWIW
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    IN

(I think this will fixes it)
    tonyb wrote:
    Most tube gear needs to warm up to sound their best.
    Kinda like when your with a girl,you don't go from 0-home plate
    right away.It's called foreplay...and it works for audio too!!:)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited January 2007
    tommyboy wrote:
    Legendary thread:D . if you haven't read it before you're missing out.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=456542#post456542

there is also a few other threads you can read that are very entertaining.

I'm in.

Thanks for making my day! I read this post and it is the funniest thing. Is that guy still around? Does he still post anything?
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited January 2007
    As of right now Ledhed and DisneyJoe are -not- in this karma due to lack of quotes...

FWIW

Edited first post. There was a quote in there but I did it up all properly so it is more obvious
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2007
    In please.
    Justin wrote:
    Well glad we covered everything. Looks like nothing left to discuss.

~Justin
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2007
    I'll play, count me in.

From our own web manipulator...
    Ok, we get it, Micah likes to wack it with socks. OK OK OK!! I'm tired of reading the same joke over and over. I mean, there are LOTS of things for which we can poke fun at Micah. Come on guys, use your imaginations (not that you actually want to imagine Micah with anything!)
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    Count me in.
    nascarmann wrote:
    Did you break you glasses? 10EC man? Rocky Top? Hello, Hello, anyone home?:lol:

KING ROCKY-TOP

BTW Sid, don't you own me $50.00? Tell ya what, put it towards the shipping cost. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    edited January 2007
    Cmon LedHed - you gotta do better than that.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    Sids first suggestion to me ever:
    Put glue where it has come loose, wipe down the wood incase you get some on it

Does that count for in?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • VR3
    edited January 2007
    Its random.... lol - I love it.

Got a link to that one? lol
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11278&highlight=RT800

I edited the quote length to make it a bit more random, post 4 I believe...

If you had said "Don't play with it" instead of "don't play music on it" it would have been randomly hilarious.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited January 2007
    Cmon LedHed - you gotta do better than that.

Lol, I wasn't quoting you for my quote, that was to let you know I added more and put in the appropriate quote boxes in my original post, #7
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited January 2007
    One of many from RussMan:

He was Im'ing me the other night.
    Telling me how he was going to show up with Federal Agents in the morning.

Damned if I didn't sit pantless with my David Koresh t-shirt on and a scuba mask for 3 hours waiting for them.
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    I dont want in; however I thought this was classic.. I dont even know how to pull a qoute from another thread, so this is a copy/paste job..

Original Poster - SID

I seen some speakers at Best Buy that looks like some B&W...

Any info on that?

I seen a Honda Civic that looks like a Chevy Corvette...

Any info on that?

I saw a dude that looks like a lady...

Any info on that?
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Ok got a quote cont me in

Originally Posted by Mike682
    Was eating lunch in a pizza place when a guy walked in (actually hurried in like he had to take a **** or something)
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Hell, why not? I'm in...
    On my drive back from a great weekend I passed with my thoughts under a very dark cloud.

answer=paypal

question=What is replete with suckiocity?

RT1
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited January 2007
    Sounds interesting, In. Russman has my vote for lifetime achievement award for best quotes, this thread has a bunch of good ones:

"I sure as F know I'm not going to eat it though. I may set fire to it. I may tie it to a bottle rocket and launch it. I may sprinkle it over a fire ant mound, then urinate on it. I have ZERO desire to see what it tastes like, and I don't need a warning to tell me that."
  • TheReaper
    TheReaper Posts: 636
    edited January 2007
    Win7 Media Center -> Onkyo TXSR702 -> Polk Rti70
  • VR3
    edited January 2007
    Man I must of been smoking some mega pot or something when I said Id take the RTi70 all day long. Jesus H Christ.
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited January 2007
    I'm in, and I found a quote I really like on another thread concerning CD sound quality. This was from BikeZappa...."We are all circling the drain".

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited January 2007
    Insky please, gotta go with the ever quotable Russman:

Oh man, we don't get full frontal of Yoda and his Jedi-green-dingus do we?
  • VR3
    edited January 2007
    lets bump this
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    Count me in, but if I win, I will set fire to whatever is sent to me. I will post the AVI file of me dancing naked, with Santa Claus thong and Wiccan staff.

I'll quote, the most tastless quote ever posted on CP....by not doing it. I think more than a few of you know it, remember it, and lets just leave it at that.

Am I still in? I have the lighter fluid ready!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2007
    I liked this one:
    I don't know what to do about this Pink chick.

Do I find her attractive? I don't know. Too thick, too much "white girl trying to be black" for me. But she's definitely dirty. I like that. Do I like her style of music? No, but it's catchy as hell in a poppy kind of way.
  • VR3
    edited January 2007
    Mark,
    As always you are very comical.

But I cannot submit you into the karma without a quote. :p
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited January 2007
    I'm in

From another karma thread similar to this one...
    bobman1235 wrote:
    The requirement is a quote from CLUB POLK, and a funny one. Also, I'm pretty sure it has to be in English, not some letters that when put together make some kind of sound simliar to English words.

Apluys? Jesus. Hooked on Phonics man. I'll start a freakin collection for you.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29004&highlight=phonics
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited January 2007
    I couldn't find the exact quote to cut n paste....It was from TroyD...went something like this: "Hugo's humping the cat and now he decided to rock out with his **** out" . Dat's funny stuff!:D BTW!! Count me in!! Thanks!
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2007
    It is from this thread. Here is your quote:
    TroyD wrote:
    Hugo is trying to mount the cat....so he's decided to rock out with his **** out!

BDT

Always here to help a polkie in need... :D:D

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited January 2007
    McLoki wrote:
    It is from this thread. Here is your quote:

Always here to help a polkie in need... :D:D

Michael

WOW! I've impressed myself with my memory! Not too bad...I thought my information retention abilities were in gradual decline....Thanks!:)
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited January 2007
    I'm IN but if I win I would like you to set fire to those in your back yard.
    Count me in, but if I win, I will set fire to whatever is sent to me.

I'm in!

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.